• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

View Postpaiku, on 24 April 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

i think he's right.
although warlocks were op if paired with a restoshaman (thats the reason why allmost every team besides tsg and tri dps was like x/wl/shaman in s11)

Warlocks in Cata are like SPs in MoP, it doesn't matter what healer they play with they're still overpowered but they do best with Shamans.

I guess SPs & Shamans just gained synergy over the new xpac than? No not really, you combine the strongest classes and they get synergy.

#122 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostMirionx, on 25 April 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Warlocks in Cata are like SPs in MoP, it doesn't matter what healer they play with they're still overpowered but they do best with Shamans.

I guess SPs & Shamans just gained synergy over the new xpac than? No not really, you combine the strongest classes and they get synergy.

Is it so much to ask for warlock to have a shadow spec?

#123 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Actually because of the +% healing taken from demon armor, shamans were able to simply slap a earth shield on a warlock and then heal by nearly pure instants due to the mastery and all the +% healing scaling effects that were in place.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#124 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

thats is why we see alot of Spriest Hunter Shammy at arenas ¬¬°

#125 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

3 sec cast time on gateway sounds decent, in reality it's more like 2½ due to haste. First charge is generated after 5 seconds.

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#126 Crovaen

Crovaen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 384

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

The thing with affliction is that single target damage is balanced around having near 100% haunt uptime and being able to channel malefic grasp literally 65% of the fight which pretty much is 50% dot damage every sec. By not being able to channel nearly as much in pvp and with much less haunt uptime it's really hard to kill anything that is being healed or even a warrior through second wind.

Edited by Crovaen, 25 April 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#127 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2567
  • 3v3: 3226
  • 5v5: 2495
  • RBG: 2592

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 25 April 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

who wants to play a game where the whole point of it is to win in two globals????
I play destro, I want to win the game in two globals :(

#128 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostColdizzle, on 25 April 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Mages and Rogues are not OP then? And yes, I've seen SP Hunter teams at decent MMRs.

View PostPersephones, on 25 April 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Actually because of the +% healing taken from demon armor, shamans were able to simply slap a earth shield on a warlock and then heal by nearly pure instants due to the mastery and all the +% healing scaling effects that were in place.

You can say teh same about SPs passive damage reduction but it doesn't just make them overpowered together because of it, of course it helps. If you combine OP classes together you get a strong comp, it's that simple.

Edited by Mirionx, 25 April 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#129 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostColdizzle, on 25 April 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

I played spriest/hunter/rshaman to like 2350 with 33-4.

It's a really good comp.
Posted Image

#130 KPul

KPul
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2365
  • 3v3: 2741
  • 5v5: 1949
  • RBG: 2288

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

I don't understand why dot damage NEEDS to be buffed.. you use 1 instant and you have a full set of dots on whoever you want.  Locks are still topping damage in arena, I believe every good lock will say so.  You guys are complaining about it not doing enough damage outside of CD's.   I , on the other hand, think that just because you get dots on every target doesn't mean you need to force CD's by yourself. Their survivability is amazing in solo play but when multiple DPS are involved it gets iffy. I think they need to rework the locks defensive cds because, in my opinion, there's a fine line of things you can do to a lock without pushing them over the edge.  I know I'm a rogue and I'm OP so I cant complain or comment on or about anything, but rogues damage outside of OP trinket procs and Find Weakness is a joke.  You guys complaining about your instant cast row of dots not doing damage is like me saying "Oh i had 100% uptime on my target why didnt they die from my auto attacks?"

EDIT: I also want to note that I haven't seen anyone comment about how when someone dispels your haunt you get a shard back, that coupled with the 10% dot buff should be enough to make you guys happy with all the other classes getting toned down.

Edited by KPul, 25 April 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Posted Image   Posted Image

#131 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Rake ticks for 30k, DK diseases tick for 20k+, moonkin dots 6k+, etc etc. I find it funny that the "dot spec/class" got the lowest hitting dots in the game. Affli got absolutely zero burst, so dots aka sustained damage should be what we do best.

Edited by Persephones, 25 April 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#132 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

i saw nada's stream yesterday, doing quite a lot more dmg than everyone else in every arena a lot of the times, dunno bout u but i feel like the 10% increase will be more than enough pared with some nerfs to other classes like rogues, hunters and spriests

seriously though, what do u warlocks want? are u so used to being insanely strong every expansion? u have running while casting fears, howl, your overall dmg seems fine for an aoe pressure spec, u have decent survive with regen, pet sac and port i just dont see what u need more, i really don't.

I guess all people want in this expansion is retard dmg

it seems like u guys feel entitled to being gods every expansion

Edited by Conviqx, 25 April 2013 - 05:00 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#133 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostConviqx, on 25 April 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

i saw nada's stream yesterday, doing quite a lot more dmg than everyone else in every arena a lot of the times, dunno bout u but i feel like the 10% increase will be more than enough pared with some nerfs to other classes like rogues, hunters and spriests

seriously though, what do u warlocks want? are u so used to being insanely strong every expansion? u have running while casting fears, howl, your overall dmg seems fine for an aoe pressure spec, u have decent survive with regen, pet sac and port i just dont see what u need more, i really don't.

Best joke of the century. if someone looks a warlock the wrong way they can just die THROUGH all of that.

No one is asking to be a god either... But when dk aids do more than lock dots I understand why people complain. They are also easy to apply almost as easy as soulburn soul swap.

Edited by pyrellael_3428244, 25 April 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#134 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostKPul, on 25 April 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

EDIT: I also want to note that I haven't seen anyone comment about how when someone dispels your haunt you get a shard back, that coupled with the 10% dot buff should be enough to make you guys happy with all the other classes getting toned down.
I missed this at first. I don't think warlocks cast haunt unless a kill is guarunteed.. at least I don't 99% of the time..

Essentially I don't think this change is that big. The dots however will be nice. I for one will like the spread pressure while my mage watchmeoneshots the shaman every game.

Edited by pyrellael_3428244, 25 April 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#135 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostConviqx, on 25 April 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

I guess all people want in this expansion is retard dmg

You see a score screen with a Mage doing 1 million damage, and an Affliction Warlock doing 1 million damage.  Whose damage was scarier?  Who landed the kill?  How about a score screen with the Mage doing 1 million damage and the Warlock doing 1.5 million damage?  Still the Mage, yeah?  Warlocks need to do a lot more damage than bursty classes, or we're going to be terrible.  Each point of damage a Mage deals is far scarier than each point of damage a Warlock deals, because Mage damage can kill you very quickly.

I think with the current state of the 5.3 PTR, Warlocks will be in a really bad spot in 5.3.  Many melee got 10-15% damage buffs, ramps are being added to Dalaran and Blade's Edge, and draining pets for shards is getting nerfed.  These are three huge things that I don't think adding 10% damage and refunding a shard back on haunt dispel will even make up for.

I don't really feel like replying to the rest of your post, because it seems like you're trolling--simply insulting Warlocks instead of actually discussing things.

Edited by Nadagast, 25 April 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#136 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2323
  • 3v3: 2703
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

ua locks need a single target damage buff i dont think anyone can or should disagree with that. shadow bite was the scary thing in s11 they need to make haunt hit much harder or something similar, a straight dot damage buff would be so hard to scale.

ua locks can't land kills on their own like a lot of other classes can, i could stream survival hunter games with a supersayin like mitch and we'd kill things in deep... doesnt mean survival dmg is where it should be in arenas
Posted Image

#137 Dreamex

Dreamex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/2/1/0

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostKPul, on 25 April 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

I don't understand why dot damage NEEDS to be buffed.. you use 1 instant and you have a full set of dots on whoever you want.  Locks are still topping damage in arena, I believe every good lock will say so.  You guys are complaining about it not doing enough damage outside of CD's.   I , on the other hand, think that just because you get dots on every target doesn't mean you need to force CD's by yourself. Their survivability is amazing in solo play but when multiple DPS are involved it gets iffy. I think they need to rework the locks defensive cds because, in my opinion, there's a fine line of things you can do to a lock without pushing them over the edge.  I know I'm a rogue and I'm OP so I cant complain or comment on or about anything, but rogues damage outside of OP trinket procs and Find Weakness is a joke.  You guys complaining about your instant cast row of dots not doing damage is like me saying "Oh i had 100% uptime on my target why didnt they die from my auto attacks?"

Not a good comparison. When rogues dont have CDs, they run around controlling the game and stopping the other team from doing anything, then when CDs are up (pretty much every dance), you just global something in a swap. When a lock doesnt have cds, everything on the other team hovers at 80-90%, when demon soul is up, everything on the other team hovers at 50-60% till demon soul is over and they get healed back up.

Top damage means absolutely nothing when you cant land kills without a T1 class doing it for you. I often see aff doing the same damage/barely beating burst classes like mages and spriests, which is just retarded. The spec brings no burst at all, it has to do significantly more damage then anything else.

Soulburn soulswap is a problem but even considering that, dot damage is too low right now, and +10% isnt enough, it needs to be at least +20-30% because of the corruption nerf, with possibly a slight nerf to demon soul. Or they could give us a real way to burst with a massive haunt buff or something, but that wouldn't match afflictions role.I don't think survivability needs a buff.

Edited by Dreamex, 25 April 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#138 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostNadagast, on 25 April 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

You see a score screen with a Mage doing 1 million damage, and an Affliction Warlock doing 1 million damage.  Whose damage was scarier?  Who landed the kill?  How about a score screen with the Mage doing 1 million damage and the Warlock doing 1.5 million damage?  Still the Mage, yeah?  Warlocks need to do a lot more damage than bursty classes, or we're going to be terrible.  Each point of damage a Mage deals is far scarier than each point of damage a Warlock deals, because Mage damage can kill you very quickly.

I think with the current state of the 5.3 PTR, Warlocks will be in a really bad spot in 5.3.  Many melee got 10-15% damage buffs, ramps are being added to Dalaran and Blade's Edge, and draining pets for shards is getting nerfed.  These are three huge things that I don't think adding 10% damage and refunding a shard back on haunt dispel will even make up for.

I don't really feel like replying to the rest of your post, because it seems like you're trolling--simply insulting Warlocks instead of actually discussing things.

how am i insulting warlocks lol, im pointing out that your dmg in cata was disgusting and that u should adjust to not being able to aoe a whole team down by yourself with good control on top of that.

locks want to see themselves doubling the dmg from the other team without a lock combined again, stop and realise that for a sec, and get your head out of the clouds

im not saying locks are anywhere near op atm, just adjust and stop wanting to be gods again which u where for  years

Edited by Conviqx, 25 April 2013 - 06:30 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#139 KPul

KPul
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2365
  • 3v3: 2741
  • 5v5: 1949
  • RBG: 2288

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostDreamex, on 25 April 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

When a lock doesnt have cds, everything on the other team hovers at 80-90%, when demon soul is up, everything on the other team hovers at 50-60% till demon soul is over and they get healed back up.

I'm confused on what you're saying .. i think being able to take an entire team down to 50-60% by yourself is amazing and is what makes RLS type comps so much fun.  You take a high burst class and couple it with a class that can make everything an easy swap target and you have a good comp.  If locks were able to take an entire team  to an execute range with a demon soul that would be incredibly overpowered and imagine how impossible it would be to heal through comps like Shadowcleave and Shadowplay and LSD.

EDIT: and to further explain for someone who doesnt understand what i mean.  Locks defensives, while lackluster in design, can allow a lock to live without heals for at least 30seconds. If they came out of the gate. and instant casted demonsoul dots to everyone and took them to 30-40% without help from another dps class, the whole "train the lock  because they die when you look at them"  would be invalid because that coupled with any other dps class would be unhealable damage.

All in all I think locks damage is fine, I think they need to rework the defensive abilities away from absorb shields and self heals and more towards passive mitigation and maybe an immunity that didnt deal damage to the lock when its duration expires.  Make it so locks are still able to be a swap target, but punish a team for training them the whole game.

Edited by KPul, 25 April 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Posted Image   Posted Image

#140 Dreamex

Dreamex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/2/1/0

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Yea demon soul damage is fine which is why it might need a small nerf if dots are buffed more, but its every 2 minutes, can be negated with a couple defensive CDs, and outisde of it, the lock does nothing all game. Its an awful/boring playstyle.

Edited by Dreamex, 25 April 2013 - 06:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<