#101 Dreamex

Dreamex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/2/1/0

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

@chanimals I might think warlocks are fine too if I got to exclusively play with khryl and watchmeblink like you do. You do ok because you get carried by some of the best if not the best players of the T1 classes.

#102 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

the problem with UA now is that the better lock does not necessarily put out more pressure. full line of dots come from lol i procced off corruption boys full dots!

#103 Moreudirl

Moreudirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2481

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

has anyone else noticed as an affliction lock, if you dnt play with a mastery buff (IE shaman) you do like 15% less damage? :P. Perhaps weave the mastery boost into one of the warlocks spells. Would this have pve implications?

If i'm just retarded let me know :)

also aside from that disparity warlock damage is not all that bad. Its moreso a survivability issue vs hunter cleaves etc  to be honest. At times you have to run so much you really dont have the ability to create pressure with a spammable and casted fear... at least as a healer thats pretty clear.

Edited by Moreudirl, 24 April 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#104 Eveny

Eveny
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostMoreudirl, on 24 April 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

has anyone else noticed as an affliction lock, if you dnt play with a mastery buff (IE shaman) you do like 15% less damage? :P. Perhaps weave the mastery boost into one of the warlocks spells. Would this have pve implications?

now slowely read that again...
If you have problems understanding my post, don't assume something and hit the reply button but read it again.

#105 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostMoreudirl, on 24 April 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

If i'm just retarded let me know :)

also aside from that disparity warlock damage is not all that bad. Its moreso a survivability issue vs hunter cleaves etc  to be honest. At times you have to run so much you really dont have the ability to create pressure with a spammable and casted fear... at least as a healer thats pretty clear.
Yes you are but I still love you.

On topic It can just be added in their pvp set bonus as well or simply add it to dark intent - no one would have a problem if it was on dark intent^^

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#106 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Apparently it's more reasonable to wish for your class to be the next demon overlord of wow arena, crushing everyone beneath their op no skill abilities. Yes that is what is reasonable and desired

Who the fuck said anything about being op, get out please

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#107 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

I think your some cataclysm warlock hero that is all washed up while chanimals here can actually adapt and get rank one as warlock in MoP LOL. Seriously, he's 2500 right now in bg9 obviously he is doing something right while all you whiners are doing something terribly wrong. XD

Warlocks bring very ltitle to the table as it is, even less with no gateway in 5.3 which is what this thread is about.

Chanimals is obviously good, there's no doubt, but you can't balance a class around playing with r1 players. Warlocks are so hard carried in the comps they play it's not even funny. But I guess we're all just terrible, especially with the fact that affli has a 2% arena representation, where as everyone else just got magically better overnight.

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#108 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2026
  • 3v3: 2348
  • RBG: 960

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostPersephones, on 24 April 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Who the fuck said anything about being op, get out please

When nearly every warlock in this thread said they should be buffed to compete with hunters/mages/rogues, aka overpowered classes

#109 Thasta

Thasta
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1646
  • 3v3: 2493

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

I agree with Chanimals about how locks are about average. I also think a lot of our defensive problems could be solved by toning down hunter/rogue/shadow priest/mage burst. That being said, having played affliction since MOP release I think affliction would be in a good spot (Above average, but not OP)if the set bonus was changed to +15-20% to DoTs on the PTR. As it is right now, the 10% buff ends up being like a 2% damage increase compared to the damage we did pre 5.2. 10% is less of a buff and more of a reversion of the 25% corruption nerf we took in the 5.2 hotfixes.

#110 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 24 April 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

When nearly every warlock in this thread said they should be buffed to compete with hunters/mages/rogues, aka overpowered classes

Buffed to compete != same level.

Right now you can't even compete with the gods unless you're r1 material/getting carried by r1 players.

#111 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 24 April 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

Exactly. People whine incessantly when their class isn't sickeningly overpowered and forget that other classes being toned down would make for a much better, balanced game.

and people like you are delusional if you think rogue/hunter damage or cleave damage is being nerfed, it's being buffed.

even if you don't like it, pve>>>>>>>>>>>>pvp when it comes to class balance, it's always been that way and it's always going to be that way.

and i seriously laughed at the entire "aff is above average" thing, across every bg aff has like a sub 2% rep, it isn't people not adapting to the new play style, it's the spec being mediocre at best, and once the shadow pan trinket is nerfed it's going to be even more mediocre.

maybe you should try playing without mlg pro level healers as an aff warlock and let me know how it goes.
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#112 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostAvarencex, on 24 April 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

I think your some cataclysm warlock hero that is all washed up while chanimals here can actually adapt and get rank one as warlock in MoP LOL. Seriously, he's 2500 right now in bg9 obviously he is doing something right while all you whiners are doing something terribly wrong. XD

and because that 1 holy paladin got r1 in 3s in season 4, holy paladins were very balanced and in no way horribly under powered in 3v3.

and the 2 resto druids that got r1 in season 5 means resto druids were fine in s5 and not horribly under powered.

the point i'm trying to make is, while warlocks can work in a few comps/playing with top tier resto shamans/being carried by other overpowered classes doesn't really mean the spec is fine.

i'm sure you could find 4-5 other warlocks that got r1 in s12 and fully agree the spec isn't good, the guy obviously isn't a bad player, but just because an amazing player playing with other amazing players can make something work, doesn't make the class as a whole balanced.

Edited by elorahnahimi, 24 April 2013 - 09:18 PM.

What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#113 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostConviqx, on 24 April 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

It's actually a horror to so it doesn't DR with fears and stays for a good 4 seconds with a 30s cd for 1 charge, not to shabby
Blood fear would probably be a lot  better if it wasn't useless vs hunter cleaves and nearly useless vs unholy dk cleaves.  Which is to say if pets couldn't eat it!

Also I think the mastery buff is about 18%, it's pretty absurd.

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#114 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostDreamex, on 24 April 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

@chanimals I might think warlocks are fine too if I got to exclusively play with khryl and watchmeblink like you do. You do ok because you get carried by some of the best if not the best players of the T1 classes.

While I'm very fortunate to get to play with them, there are plenty of locks I've seen (onbg9) do well as affliction.

View PostSnackumz, on 24 April 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

the problem with UA now is that the better lock does not necessarily put out more pressure. full line of dots come from lol i procced off corruption boys full dots!

Agreed. Also having a spriest on your team gives the enemy lock the most shards is retarded.
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#115 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 24 April 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

and because that 1 holy paladin got r1 in 3s in season 4, holy paladins were very balanced and in no way horribly under powered in 3v3.

and the 2 resto druids that got r1 in season 5 means resto druids were fine in s5 and not horribly under powered.

the point i'm trying to make is, while warlocks can work in a few comps/playing with top tier resto shamans/being carried by other overpowered classes doesn't really mean the spec is fine.

i'm sure you could find 4-5 other warlocks that got r1 in s12 and fully agree the spec isn't good, the guy obviously isn't a bad player, but just because an amazing player playing with other amazing players can make something work, doesn't make the class as a whole balanced.

And your solution apparently is to make resto druids as op as dks in s5 or paladins as op as resto druids in s4 which obviously is not the way to go with balancing the game.

I'm pretty sure if during season 5 blizzard made every dps one shot kids like death knights and hunters everyone would have quit the game cause who wants to play a game where the whole point of it is to win in two globals????

Edited by Avarencex, 25 April 2013 - 04:59 AM.

#116 Breez

Breez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1452
  • 3v3: 2695
  • 5v5: 863
  • RBG: 2070

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

Affliction is worst designed spec you could ever imagine, the guy who designed it for MoP had some braindamage or something, its not about being underpowered/overpowered, its just such a garbage design. Demo and Destro both have good design, have some weaknesses, but can be fixed. Affliction is just lost hope in this expansion, deal with it. Adding 10% that or 15% that wont fucking change single thing about the spec as it's design is so braindead.

I personally wouldnt even want affliction to get damage/survival buffs, i rather see more buffs to destro/demo, just because playing affliction feels so stupid, but thats just my opinion.

If they would actually care alot about it, they could just remove SB:SS, make haunt cd, add instant dmg proc ( like it was shadowbolt before ), add more passive dmg reduction, make drainlife as filler again, why do we have drainlife and malefic grasp? Make drainlife PvP viable, leave malefic grasp for PvE. Its just way too much to fix to make it good again.

Edited by Breez, 25 April 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#117 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

Affliction is actually one of the most amazing specs I've ever played in PvE, but it just proves that classes/rotations are made from a raiding standpoint, and then they try to trim the edges for PvP, which obviously didn't work for Affli.

And you're solution apparently is to make resto druids as op as dks in s5 or paladins as op as resto druids in s4 which obviously is not the way to go with balancing the game.

I'm pretty sure if during season 5 blizzard made every dps one shot kids like death knights and hunters everyone would have quit the game cause who wants to play a game where the whole point of it is to win in two globals????

Please stop being dumb. Nobody is asking to be promoted to god status, there's a huge difference between our current status and that of the godclasses. You don't have to go all the way, but a little buff wouldn't be bad. It doesn't really have to be only in the damage apartment.

#118 Skenz

Skenz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Its retarded they shudnt buff lock defensive by buffing gateway they shud just remove it and give us back soul link and our old demon amor (and mb better selfheals ?)

Edited by Skenz, 25 April 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#119 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostSkenz, on 25 April 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Its retarded they shudnt buff lock defensive by buffing gateway they shud just remove it and give us back soul link and our old demon amor (and mb better selfheals ?)

it will have 450k hp tho, it will die in 3 secs from 2 dps.

#120 Skenz

Skenz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

View Postbrosearch, on 25 April 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

it will have 450k hp tho, it will die in 3 secs from 2 dps.
You can also kill it from both side its rly retarded, i just hope they change this and they make it healable

Edited by Skenz, 25 April 2013 - 07:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<