• Curse Sites
Help

Have any of you seriously tried Marksman yet?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 ernest

ernest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1634

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

It's really not half bad.

I've been playing it this entire season and I half almost no complaints with it whatsoever.

I'm able to play defensive and pillar hump just like i did in the good ol' days while still managing to put out some ridiculous pressure rivaling my monk partner in my 3s. Come these attack power buffs, the addition of binding shot to my arsenal the nice little focused aim change, i don't see many comps that i imagine I won't be able to beat in the coming patch as we've already beat all of them already.

General
  • Hunters now have 50 pet stable slots, up from 20.
  • Aspect of the Hawk now increases ranged attack power by 25%, up from 15%.
  • Revive Pet now has a cast time of 4 seconds, down from 6 seconds.
Talents
  • Aspect of the Iron Hawk now increases ranged attack power by 25%, up from 15%.
  • Binding Shot is no longer a talent and learned by Marksmanship Hunters at level 30.
  • Blink Strike has been renamed Blink Strikes and turned into a passive ability. The pet's Basic Attacks deal 50% increased damage, can now be used from 30 yards away, and will instantly cause the pet to teleport behind their target.
  • Intimidation is now a level-30 talent available to all Hunter specializations and no longer learned by Beast Mastery Hunters at level 20.
Beast Mastery
  • Beast Cleave now deals 75% of the original damage, up from 50%.
Marksmanship
  • Bombardment now increases the damage of Multi-Shot by 60%, up from 30%.
Item Sets
  • PvP 2-piece set bonus has been redesigned. Using Arcane Shot now causes the Hunter's PvP Power to increase by 800 for 6 seconds.
The burstiness and control of BM is dwindling more and more while marksman rises up through the ranks. Are you prepared?
Hunters, least represented for 4 seasons.  Average for one.  Here comes the 5th at the bottom, and we're worse than ever.

Blizz sure learns fast.

Posted Image

#2 Tropicalice

Tropicalice
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

vs any god comp i feel you need that BW just for those deeps sure i guess you can rotate pets or something for sac, but we all know those scumbags are still gonna kill through it.

#3 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

I've always liked MM more than BM, as I'm sure a lot of people here also do. I think they need to just take BW off of readiness and it'll be fine.

#4 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

been playing it whole season.

Yeah god comps are a problem and you will die through sac if they line up deep+spreist silence on your healer.

Im running 23% unbuffed crit and every arena game im generally top of damage even when every1 focuses me.

#5 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostJokerplex, on 23 April 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

been playing it whole season.

Yeah god comps are a problem and you will die through sac if they line up deep+spreist silence on your healer.

Im running 23% unbuffed crit and every arena game im generally top of damage even when every1 focuses me.
I literally get globaled when im in a deep and dont have BW up to get out, but I might try MM anyhow.
Having your dps come from your pet on BE or Dalaran makes me so sad.

#6 ernest

ernest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostTropicalice, on 23 April 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

vs any god comp i feel you need that BW just for those deeps sure i guess you can rotate pets or something for sac, but we all know those scumbags are still gonna kill through it.

Generally, the only reason I lose to godcomps come from trap dispels from the priest or life swap and both of those are getting nerfed next patch. We can still usually put out a good amount of pressure and land a kill most of the time. In the coming patch both of those things are getting nerfed. I don't think god comp will be a problem for us anymore.
Hunters, least represented for 4 seasons.  Average for one.  Here comes the 5th at the bottom, and we're worse than ever.

Blizz sure learns fast.

Posted Image

#7 Ponen

Ponen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 1936
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

One of the reasons along bestial wrath why BM has been damn good compared to mm is the 120 focus pool combined with the fact that blink strike costs no focus, so convenient.

#8 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2284

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

View Posternest, on 23 April 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Generally, the only reason I lose to godcomps come from trap dispels from the priest or life swap and both of those are getting nerfed next patch. We can still usually put out a good amount of pressure and land a kill most of the time. In the coming patch both of those things are getting nerfed. I don't think god comp will be a problem for us anymore.
Ofc it will :) you will still die in a deep freeze dude.

#9 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

One thing I've thought about is when I play marks I hardly ever touch blink strike. I'm thinking now that it will be a passive its somewhat of a buff to MM also one less button we push but still a nice benefit.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#10 ernest

ernest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostOmglockzorx, on 23 April 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

Ofc it will :) you will still die in a deep freeze dude.

i run with a priest and with shields and roar, resil gems and iron hawk, i don't really die in deep freeze too often. i'm usually playing pretty defensive and able to stop it, also my comp has a lot of defensive cooldowns. between ring of peace, roar of sac, pain sup, deterr, fist of fury, life grip, life swap, mass dispel.

i die in deep feeze a lot less than most of you think i do, especially if the mage is our target.

Blizz sure learns fast.

Posted Image

#11 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

fervor for marks also just sayin.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#12 ernest

ernest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostDagin, on 23 April 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

fervor for marks also just sayin.

i was thinking about trying that to be honest. doing some theory crafting in my head, but haven't tried it out yet.

edit: honestly though, i do use arcane shot a lot as a focus dump, aimed shot still isn't worth the damage/focus/cast time unless it's being used while the target is at 80% plus imo.

i'm not sure how beneficial it would be.

Edited by ernest, 23 April 2013 - 05:43 PM.

Blizz sure learns fast.

Posted Image

#13 Unseenz

Unseenz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2314
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostPouncedd, on 23 April 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

One thing I've thought about is when I play marks I hardly ever touch blink strike. I'm thinking now that it will be a passive its somewhat of a buff to MM also one less button we push but still a nice benefit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostUnseenz, on 23 April 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I thought this talent was shit though?
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#15 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2100
  • 3v3: 2761
  • 5v5: 1056
  • RBG: 1948

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostUnseenz, on 23 April 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image
I honestly don't know why it took me so long to get this... I'm sad...

#16 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

I've been playing Marks all season.

Crows is straight awful imo (duration is too long, dot ticks for too little). Passive Blink Strike will be very nice, won't need to worry about Lynx Rush aoe anymore. I'm all about saving those GCDs.

I also use Fervor. Can't stand Arcane Shot, the damage blows imo.

edit: That being said, BM will probably still be very good. The trinket is just too fucking strong. I just don't care to play the spec, personal preference.

Edited by fant0m8, 23 April 2013 - 09:48 PM.

Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#17 ernest

ernest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 23 April 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

I've been playing Marks all season.

Crows is straight awful imo (duration is too long, dot ticks for too little). Passive Blink Strike will be very nice, won't need to worry about Lynx Rush aoe anymore. I'm all about saving those GCDs.

I also use Fervor. Can't stand Arcane Shot, the damage blows imo.

edit: That being said, BM will probably still be very good. The trinket is just too fucking strong. I just don't care to play the spec, personal preference.

Well after you use chimera shot... what do you even have to use focus on?

Blizz sure learns fast.

Posted Image

#18 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

View Posternest, on 24 April 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Well after you use chimera shot... what do you even have to use focus on?

aimed shot
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#19 ernest

ernest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 28 April 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

aimed shot

a casted aimed shot is not worth the focus/damage ratio when you compare it to arcane shot spam. the only time you should hard cast aimed shot is when they're at full health.

Blizz sure learns fast.

Posted Image

#20 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

View Posternest, on 28 April 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

a casted aimed shot is not worth the focus/damage ratio when you compare it to arcane shot spam. the only time you should hard cast aimed shot is when they're at full health.

With steady focus up it's more DPS for me, and with piercing shots it's more damage/focus.

I'm basing this off my current gear level and damage done to the level 90 dummy:

~30k expected damage/arcane

~70k expected damage/aimed

~75.5k expected damage/aimed with piercing included

That's 1.5k per 1 focus for arcane and 1.4k/1.51k per 1 focus for aimed.

With steady focus up my Aimed is a 1.93s cast, however, which is less time than 2 Arcanes and more damage.

---

That's not the biggest reason though, because those are all sustained damage calcs. The important thing is burst. Spamming out like 8 arcane shots (including thrill of the hunt) takes way too long and doesn't do good burst damage.

The faster I can use all my focus the better my burst is. Especially in Rapid Fire, which does nothing for Arcane Shot but makes a HUGE difference for Aimed.

(And crit rate is whatever imo, eventually you will be blessed by the RNG gods and all you need is 1 string of crits to win. Just keep setting up kill opportunities and one of them will crit.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<