Recommendations for Balance Druids
1. Allow a druid to retain eclipse or solar state when arena gates open. A lot of arena matches are decided upon initial pressure and forcing early CDs. It puts balance druids at a big disadvantage in arenas (which you don't notice in RBGs) to have to channel to reach eclipse state when the gates drop. Not to mention hunters, dks, and monks can interrupt or mark you during the channel, so it is risky. Starting at zero eclipse state leaves the druid with an enormous ramp up time to get any damage rolling (Option A, put up shit dots, spam 20k wraths to get anywhere or Option B, channel behind a pillar while teammates get opened on hard). Hunters can open with a full zoo/readiness/BW w/ zero ramp up time, mages can drop mirrors/veins/orb right out of invis. No effect on pve
2. Small passive snare would be nice, something similar to frostbolt. Balance druid comps are dependent on a teammate "holding something still" for the boomer to get some casts off, either a mage or rogue. It's too easy to run around a pillar out of LOS of a balance druid when we don't have starsurge procs and are trying to cast wrath/starfire. Would also create a larger gap between spamming moonfire/sunfire and actually getting casts off. This would hopefully provide more versatility to boomer comps so they aren't dependent on a teammate's snare. No effect on pve
3. Toning down rogues in any way or form will have a positive impact on balance druids. We are basically a shittier version of a mage.
4. A more attractive 4pc set bonus. The 2pc bonus is alright since it helps get to eclipse while being trained, but we have soo many escapes and abilities to kite that it's not really necessary. The 2pc also lowers the effectiveness of the 4pc since you have to channel a lot less. I am willing to guess that when resil is removed from pvp gear in the upcoming patches a lot of boomers will be running with pve gear for better set bonuses. Look at the current 2pc and 4pc bonuses on pve gear, 10% crit chance to starsurge? +1,000 crit and mastery when in nature's grace? Do we want to see balance druids with close to a 40% crit chance with starsurge?
4. I personally don't like lunar shower. It feels cheesy. If it had a longer duration and didn't punish you for hard casting spells and dropping the stack i'd be more inclined to not run around spamming MF/SF and instant starsurge procs. Maybe a new 4set could be an increased duration on lunar shower so it lasts 5-10 seconds instead of 2. We don't need to be able to move while casting the eclipse thing, it's probably the worst 4-set in game. (Compliments Snuggli)
5. The other option would be giving us a way to actually get starfire/wrath casts off so that we can actually cast in arena: maybe owlkin frenzy makes us immune to pummel for 4 seconds? (long enough to get a cast off) Making it proc off of frenzy would make it so you couldn't use it offensively, and only use it when you were getting trained by a melee and unable to cast. Could even just make it provide a cast time reduction on starfire after juking a pummel so that it actually rewarded the fake and they couldn't just LOS it/run circles around you while you cast it. (Compliments Kermithefrog)
With that said I want to say that I very pleased with the current state of balance druid and feel it's one of the only specs out there with several interesting choices on several talent tiers that greatly change gameplay.
displacer beast vs wild charge (T1)
mass entanglement vs typhoon (T3)
incarnation vs force of nature (T4)*force of nature had significant buffs and I don't feel people have played around with it enough
vortex vs bash vs roar (T5)
Heart of wild vs nature's vigil
Edited by Hackattack3, 23 April 2013 - 02:44 PM.