• Curse Sites
Help

Melee Mobility. A New Era of Gap Closing.

warrior Death Knight Mage Caster Mobility Feral Druid Monk

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hi guys, today i just wanted to start a dialogue about the current state of melee mobility.

First and Foremost, 90% of what i am about to say excludes Retribution Paladins and Enhancement Shamans.

As a whole the mobility of melee is way out of control. The number of gap closers itself is a problem, but when u think about all that these gap closer accomplish with just one global it gets even worse.

Most of these abilities not only draw the melee closer to the target but then interrupt a cast or stun the target.
Charge, Deathgrip, skull bash, almost any ability used but cloak and dagger with the exception of ambush

Making matter worse is the short cooldown on these abilities  paired with the new dispel system  makes a melees up time on a target far to high. .

DKs may have ridiculous ranged slows, but at least they cant go from one end of an arena to the other in 2-3 globals like a monk or warrior can.

This is not a post saying Melee are Overpowered and not complaining that they stop to much Mage Damage, because yes eventually i will 100 to 0 them in 5 seconds, You may say ohh how OP is that and my only response is casters wouldnt have to global things if they had the ability to cast, with no melee on their ass.

+rep

Edited by Christymarie, 22 April 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#2 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

You're gonna get a lot of bashing because of the fact that most melee are currently extremely weak at the higher ratings due to all the spell cleaves and how easy it is to tunnel them, i.e shutting them down entirely or flat out killing them.

But this is a serious issue that needs to be fixed in the next expansion. There's way too much instant bullshit due to the fact that melee got a near 90% uptime on people unless tunneled hard. In the end it really just boils down to Blizzard needing to trim a lot of the fat, i.e removing a shit ton of abilities, both gap closers and cc.

Sticking to a target should require effort, but so should peeling the guy, instead of the current game where melee got 90% uptime outside of instant cc.

Edited by Persephones, 22 April 2013 - 06:42 PM.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#3 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Yeah. That's all I'm saying. Not saying it's OP. I'm saying it is un-enjoyable and boring game play.

Edited by Christymarie, 22 April 2013 - 05:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<