Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostConviqx, on 21 April 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

hold on am i reading this right? I just woke up so i just want to make sure, u think tremor, Will of the Forsaken for your whole party on a 30s cd, is worse than an ability that has the same cooldown and breaks out 1 target from a fear that some people even use to break out of saps and gouges?
other way around, meaning :
worse for the game, not worse as an ability.

#82 Welgard

Welgard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Personally I'm not happy with the direction warriors went either.  Warriors used to be about a lot of control, locking one target down pretty hard with an intercept on healer and charge back.  They did good damage, but not crazy burst or anything.  When swapped to a warrior could get super defensive, between spell reflect, shield block, disarm, etc, but wouldn't do much damage.  Very hard to kill if played properly, especially with their mobility.  Very high skill cap as well.

Now, warriors are all about just smashing a bunch of cooldowns and doing crazy burst, then doing decent damage and trying not to get castercleaved down until CDs are back up again.  It's a horrible playstyle, and nowhere near as skill-based as it used to be.  The issue with zerker rage, AMS, and other similar abilities, is that for a rush-down comp, being immune to a ton of different CC in the few seconds it takes to kill a team's healer is ridiculous.

Rets do get controlled pretty hard, mostly because they don't have the gap closers to get in and interrupt CC, and after getting feared have to walk all the way back.  They can get out of every root and slow though.  Ferals can get out of every root and slow, don't know much about enhancement shamans.  Having both zerker rage and tremor nerfed or removed makes popping intimidating shout a lot more meaningful and productive.  Warriors traditionally have taken more babysitting in terms of their healer's dispels, mostly because of roots and the occasional poly, but have put out more pressure than the other melee.

If they do a serious pvp overhaul at some point, both tremor totem and zerker rage need to go.  The amount of roots in the game, the amount of cc, silences, interrupts, and stuns, all of that needs to be toned down and harder to apply (either with a cast time, longer cooldown, or a special buff/debuff requirement).  Nerfing zerker rage right now wouldn't work, but definitely needs to be considered when the system is reworked.

Making zerker rage give a moderate amount of damage reduction on a minute cooldown while reducing the effects of cc on you by 25% for 6-10 seconds would be a good change, if the fear break and immunity was removed.  You could either pop it when being peeled or heavily cc'ed, or pop it when you're taking a lot of damage or about to get shattered, idk.

#83 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1879
  • 3v3: 2694
  • 5v5: 2249
  • RBG: 2276

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

old mechanics in general are a relevant topic just because of how old this game is... there's plenty of shit that was around when it was needed that's not anymore... they're not going to completely re-make the game, just deal with it

#84 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Ideally, remove it from totemic restoration and see where things go from there. If it's still too good, ideally look at it more. This won't happen though since this is blizzard, so they will either keep it the same or completely poop on it.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#85 Mindsmoothie

Mindsmoothie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2145
  • 3v3: 2602
  • RBG: 2244

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Priest-Fear ward: 3minute cd, dispellable affects 1 person, cant be used while feared.
Paladin- Bubble: 5minute cd affects 1 person.
Monk- Nimble brew: 2minute cd affects 1 person.
Druids- nothing
Shaman- Tremor: 30 second cd,affects the entire team.

Seems on par with other healers I don't see the problem?

#86 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

wish I was a druid

#87 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostEnviron, on 21 April 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Your so biased it makes my eyes bleed. I bet your the kind of guy that though warriors in 5.1 could do with a couple more buff's in fact because they weren't perfect.

Anyway to make posts from certain people just not show ?  Pretty please ?
It's easy - go to my settings -> Ignore preferences and add my name.

Ignore me fast so that I also don't have to deal with your IQ lvl of 40 posts.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

View Postphunk, on 21 April 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

stop being bad and silence/stun/whatever the shaman and then fear?
wait wait, are u actually defending tremor?u mustve burned half of ur brain or some shit, makes no other sense.

#89 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2243
  • 3v3: 2664
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I guess an instant AoE fear (lol 8 sec cd on dispel) which runs you into random stupid spots, can cc an entire team by itself or easilly make it a 3vs1 with a small amount of setups (double grips/well palced rings/hell just tunneling the healers and forcing the melee ontop of them to peel). Combined with level 30 mobility talents and spectral guise making it easier than ever to land deserves the only thing keeping it in check to be removed.
I'd hate for teams to actually learn how to cross cc properly.

I mean what this game needs right now is for people to sit in even longer cc chains.

#90 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostKorzul, on 21 April 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

I guess an instant AoE fear (lol 8 sec cd on dispel) which runs you into random stupid spots, can cc an entire team by itself or easilly make it a 3vs1 with a small amount of setups (double grips/well palced rings/hell just tunneling the healers and forcing the melee ontop of them to peel). Combined with level 30 mobility talents and spectral guise making it easier than ever to land deserves the only thing keeping it in check to be removed.
I'd hate for teams to actually learn how to cross cc properly.

I mean what this game needs right now is for people to sit in even longer cc chains.
It might be a shocking revelation but not every team has tremor, people already sit in aoe fears. And not only priests have aoe fear, locks and warriors have it too.
And all shaman teams are immune to it.

Edited by Djandawg, 21 April 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#91 Eveny

Eveny
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Tremor 2min cd please
If you have problems understanding my post, don't assume something and hit the reply button but read it again.

#92 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

It might be a shocking revelation but not every team has tremor, people already sit in aoe fears.

You mean the teams without a tremor or mass dispel? those comps that hunter/disc/x teams queue into and think "Oh look a free win"?

#93 Doomnatrah

Doomnatrah
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1341

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 21 April 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

It might be a shocking revelation but not every team has tremor, people already sit in aoe fears. And not only priests have aoe fear, locks and warriors have it too.
And all shaman teams are immune to it.

Here is the problem, Elemental and Enhance require that they keep their healer out of CC otherwise they are probably going to die. I think 1 minute tremor is fair, totemic restoration making tremor 34 sec is OP and needs to be removed from the talent.

Ele and Enhance have both been shit on with nerfs this xpac due to resto shamans being completely broken. The playstyle of casters vs Ele Shaman/Enhance has completely changed.  With the nerf to using totems while silenced, casters get away too often with mindlessly using blanket silences to land dmg or CC, which would be fine if our entire survivability wasnt tied into totems.

On the same token as tremor being "skill-less" So is using blanket silences to land damage and CC.

I wish they would just nerf Resto Shamans and leave Elemental and Enhance alone.

#94 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Just give the old tremor back :)
Posted Image

#95 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostKorzul, on 21 April 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

You mean the teams without a tremor or mass dispel? those comps that hunter/disc/x teams queue into and think "Oh look a free win"?
lol, it is amazing right, there are still retards out there who queue for 3s without being immune to aoe fear.

Edited by Djandawg, 21 April 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#96 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

lol

There's no lol about it, i've played scatterplay and with hunter+disc on alts this season. At no point of putting a healer in 30 secs of uncounterable cc did i ever think it was in anyway shape of form skilled/balanced or should become the "norm".

Teams with shadows and/or tremor meant we actually had to coordinate and think a bit.

#97 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

Current rank 1 team on Misery is a thug cleave with a priest... wats your problem?
Posted Image

#98 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostKorzul, on 21 April 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

There's no lol about it, i've played scatterplay and with hunter+disc on alts this season. At no point of putting a healer in 30 secs of uncounterable cc did i ever think it was in anyway shape of form skilled/balanced or should become the "norm".

Teams with shadows and/or tremor meant we actually had to coordinate and think a bit.

"I have 3 orbs and a blanket let's go HAM DUDE" fucking please
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#99 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Beside, tremor isnt that effective when the shaman is swapped on. These days shamans are the big tunnel target and when that happens both my team mates has to come running back for me to give me all kind of peels. Shamans can flop over pretty quick without peels unlike priests being able to pain sup in a stun so your mates can stay offensive.

Ive died countless times where a rogue opens on me with a garrote and both my mates sitting in a trap/fear/hex. So much for that tremor.

Current game for shamans atm is like u die from solo rogues from 100-0 while u see the swap coming so earthshield and riptide ticking. No counter, unless we got a painsup or mates that can peel.

And Zilea, i feel your pain man but dont ask for class nerfs but rather ask for buffs. Give paladins back there 30% reduced effects on all fears along some other love.

Edited by Flabbert, 21 April 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Posted Image

#100 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

"I have 3 orbs and a blanket let's go HAM DUDE" fucking please

Never claimed RPS was difficult to play either..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<