Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

tremor totem is a old and dumb mechanic


  • Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#201

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostHektiik, on 24 April 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

I created a new thread because this one is trolled to shit but some short sighted moderator decided to lock it and link this.  Definitely adds to the allure of the AJ Community.
______________________________________________________________________

Tremor totem ramble; A real solution

______________________________________________________________________


One minute tremor is not ridiculous whatsoever, totemic restoration however is just shit design.

Essentially, Blizzard created restoration with the premise that shaman's totems would be killed often in arena, where else is your totem going to die?  

Subsequently then nerfed shamans ability to use said totems.  Then had to buff totems because shamans were like GRAVY TRAIN NO BREAKS to every cleave.

>> Make NG Baseline shaman talent, it's time...
>> Put Shamanistic Rage in tier one, 90 second cooldown.
>> Give us a real stoneclaw talent for fuck sake.
>> Win
PS. Mastery deals with pve so you have to deal with it.

>> Tier 1 - Stoneclaw Totem (1 minute cooldown), Stone Bulwark Totem, Astral Shift (now usable while stunned) (3 minute cooldown).
>> Tier 1 - (Stone Bulwark Totem) - Your stone bulwark totem now shield's all party members within 10 yards for (50% of it's current absorb).  (No additional absorbs over time).  (45 second cooldown).
>> Stone bulwark change to take place of Sham rage if unchanged.

>> Tier 3 - Prep, Projection, Totemic Guardian
>>> (Totemic Guardian) - Your stoneclaw totem now shields all active totems for the remainder of their duration.

Don't flame, this seems legitimate from an objective shaman standpoint.  This is about SHAMAN BALANCE, not about fucking class balance or instant CC.  Stoneclaw totem + Totemic Guardian would give ele a more reliable CC that they currently lack, root+capacitor that can't be one shot (whilst sacrificing a 1 minute absorb cooldown).

+rep if no troll

Shaman having an ability that breaks fear (tremor) on a short cd is a problem, so to fix this we're going to give shaman an ability (shamanistic rage) on a 90 second cd that breaks ANY magic cc. MAKES SENSE.

Not to mention you want shaman to have two completely brain dead defensive abilities in baseline nature's guardian and shamanistic rage.

Not biased at all

Edited by Radejjj, 24 April 2013 - 07:07 PM.


#202 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 503
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2718
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Sham rage was a random idea to replace NG in hindsight if it actually dispelled debuffs for resto it would be ridiculous.  I am posting because I can't sleep today and felt like it, I should have been more thoughtful when presenting that as an idea.  It is already given to dps specs, most every rsham though, would agree that ng should be baseline and stoneclaw should actually exist.

If NG didn't exist.  Rsham wouldn't exist and tremor would be irrelevant.  Giving the shaman class NG and the ability to spec stoneclaw, wall or a small radius party absorb would not be OP.  

I'm not being bias, nor do I want Resto buffs, what I do want is to reiterate that the shaman CLASS needs something to replace tremor, tremor needs to be fixed but there are ways to tune shaman when changing totemic resto to create more viability in all specs.

Think about it this way, if tremor were one minute rather than 34 seconds, would enhance or ele exist in any comp?

Additionally, if you reply to a post consider approaching it intelligently rather than summarizing ten points into one point that fits your argument, regardless of the fact that your point was right.

Edited by Hektiik, 24 April 2013 - 07:25 PM.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#203 Welgard

Welgard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 157
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

The only way they'll resolve the whole situation is with overhauling the system.  Tremor does need to be nerfed, but then every disc/hunter/x comp becomes even more powerful, so priest fears need a cooldown nerf and possibly a nerf to how easy they are to apply with invis/sprint, and hunter cc needs a big nerf if they're going to stay at their current damage levels.

Would having only 1 or 2 CC DR schools help the game overall?  There's so much cc in the game, but then comps become even more cookie-cutter for making sure you don't bring classes with the same DRs on CC.

#204

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostHektiik, on 24 April 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Sham rage was a random idea to replace NG in hindsight if it actually dispelled debuffs for resto it would be ridiculous.  I am posting because I can't sleep today and felt like it, I should have been more thoughtful when presenting that as an idea.  It is already given to dps specs, most every rsham though, would agree that ng should be baseline and stoneclaw should actually exist.

If NG didn't exist.  Rsham wouldn't exist and tremor would be irrelevant.  Giving the shaman class NG and the ability to spec stoneclaw, wall or a small radius party absorb would not be OP.  

I'm not being bias, nor do I want Resto buffs, what I do want is to reiterate that the shaman CLASS needs something to replace tremor, tremor needs to be fixed but there are ways to tune shaman when changing totemic resto to create more viability in all specs.

Think about it this way, if tremor were one minute rather than 34 seconds, would enhance or ele exist in any comp?

Additionally, if you reply to a post consider approaching it intelligently rather than summarizing ten points into one point that fits your argument, regardless of the fact that your point was right.

When your spec is too good you're not supposed to be compensated for a nerf. This is like shadowpriests demanding compensation for VS/MD nerfs. tremor should be nerfed because shaman are too good, you shouldn't get any kind of compensation.

To be fair, I know shaman get cleaved pretty hard right now, but so do paladins. Nerf dumb shit hunters and rogues, dont buff feral/monk/enhance damage, put invis/sprint in the same tier for priests so they can't get them both, put poly/fear on 5ish second cd's, its dumb that theyre spammable in the current game. Instead of buffing resto, fix all the other dumb shit

Edited by Radejjj, 24 April 2013 - 07:49 PM.


#205 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 503
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2718
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostRadejjj, on 24 April 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

When your spec is too good you're not supposed to be compensated for a nerf. This is like shadowpriests demanding compensation for VS/MD nerfs. tremor should be nerfed because shaman are too good, you shouldn't get any kind of compensation.

To be fair, I know shaman get cleaved pretty hard right now, but so do paladins. Nerf dumb shit hunters and rogues, dont buff feral/monk/enhance damage, put invis/sprint in the same tier for priests so they can't get them both, put poly/fear on 5ish second cd's, its dumb that theyre spammable in the current game. Instead of buffing resto, fix all the other dumb shit

You're still too incompetent to understand that pala's are shit and that nerfing other healers does not make palas better.  You also fail to realize that shaman have two specs that are on the brink of "balanced" and some give and take with talents would change the game for those specs.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#206

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostHektiik, on 24 April 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

You're still too incompetent to understand that pala's are shit and that nerfing other healers does not make palas better.  You also fail to realize that shaman have two specs that are on the brink of "balanced" and some give and take with talents would change the game for those specs.

Enhance/ele having tremor is just as stupid as resto having it, it gives tremor totem to druids/paladins/monks/priests who don't need it/shouldn't have it.

I'm not asking for any kind of significant nerfs for any healer, I dont even want the major buffs most people want for paladins. Nerfing the stupid shit like rogues/mages/hunters will for the most part fix paladins. Tremor the way it is though is an OBVIOUS problem for everyone who isn't a shaman

#207 moelol

moelol
  • Lilbthebased
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 52
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostHektiik, on 24 April 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

These aren't buffs.  They are changes that would make playing shaman require more thought to what talents you get.  Because the talents would matter...  Furthermore, these things would make it so that ele wasn't half shit and would atleast be somewhat comparable to other casters since they don't have infinite mobility, infinity cc and immunity cooldowns like deter, bubble, iceblock, disperse, and the other ten full or near full god cooldowns dps classes have.

If morons with KFC titles would stop reading posts and thinking OMG RESTO SHAMAN BUFFS, the game might be more balanced.  Enhance might work with SOMETHING other than the best class in the game (arguably).  And ele might be played by more than 5 US players at competitive/consistent ratings.  You shouldn't have to play with the best players in the game to get competitive ratings on a class, almost entirely.

Don't worry, your comps would still kill shamans in stun silence stun fear for interrupt dr stun readiness silence cc chains.
are you seriously begging for shamanstic rage for resto shamans?? are you trolling??? you want more shit to get you out of cc?? wtf??so if u forget to shock the fear, and forget to ground it, and forget to tremmor, you can sham rage>???

im done.

Quote

morons with KFC titles

i ran kfc and scatterplay to higher than you have ever been in ur life on bg9 this season?

Edited by moelol, 24 April 2013 - 11:55 PM.


#208 hotcowz

hotcowz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 548
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

wtb old tremor

#209 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 4336
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

View PostPersephones, on 24 April 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

no but your damage has skyrocketed, meaning the same cc chain is now a lot more potent than what it once was

The damage has skyrocketed for BM. Why is it so hard for people to differentiate between two specs?

Should I be campaigning for affliction nerfs because the other specs do more damage?

I did a LOT more % HP in damage as Marks in Wrath compared to Marks in MoP. Burst was better too. And I had the same CC. So why is the CC the problem and not BM's damage?
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#210 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 944
  • Talents:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

If tremor is removed, that would be probably the end of enhance in arena with the amount of priests right now. If you want to nerf resto, nerf resto, leave the two other specs alone.
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#211 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 480
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 25 April 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

The damage has skyrocketed for BM. Why is it so hard for people to differentiate between two specs?

Should I be campaigning for affliction nerfs because the other specs do more damage?

I did a LOT more % HP in damage as Marks in Wrath compared to Marks in MoP. Burst was better too. And I had the same CC. So why is the CC the problem and not BM's damage?
It is easier to get a trap off now. You don't have to trap off your own scatter with lulaby/shale stun. Not really a hunter problem, but almost every class that hunters play with have a way to stun/hold a person in place that they didn't have back then. I feel like it is just way easier to get a trap off these days and also I think hunters on z axis maps are pretty crazy. Both explosive trap and powershots knock-backs seem pretty huge.

Also I would agree that the problem does seem to be more with BM having all of this cc and damage. I would propose not nerfing hunter cc until after they nerf bm damage. The games I have had against marks hunters it didnt seem like the cc was a problem. I don't think they need intimidation though.

Edited by Numbtoes, 25 April 2013 - 06:51 AM.


#212 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 506
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostDarksoldierr, on 25 April 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

If tremor is removed, that would be probably the end of enhance in arena with the amount of priests right now. If you want to nerf resto, nerf resto, leave the two other specs alone.

Tremor should not be removed, should just not work with totemic restoration...

#213 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

I would like to see tremor given a 1min and 15 sec cooldown and warrior fear 1 min cooldown.  That way you could get every second fear off on them at least.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#214 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 1033
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

So what happened to this? Shadowpriests got monster nerfs, blood fear is also gone, locks are miserable atm, so are warriors. Is this short cooldown aoe fear break  going to get fixed or what?

Edited by Djandawg, 16 May 2013 - 08:17 PM.


#215 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 121
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

View Postdionim, on 25 April 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:



Tremor should not be removed, should just not work with totemic restoration...

Probably agree with this

#216 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 368
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

this thread again...

#217 Improve

Improve
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 2384
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

shamans are fine, l2p

Posted Image


#218 wodeta

wodeta

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Tip for you guys complaining about tremor, just train/swap the shaman with fear on his partner and stun/silence on him.
Posted Image

#219 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 342
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

If tremor is here to stay, they should give paladins a 20ish sec cd aoe stun breaker too, bet that would be fun

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#220 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 1969
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostPersephones, on 17 May 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

If tremor is here to stay, they should give paladins a 20ish sec cd aoe stun breaker too, bet that would be fun

Give Divine Purpose to Ret and Holy and let it pair with Clemency
Posted ImagePosted Image              Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<