• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

even in wotlk we had http://www.wowwiki.c...nbreakable_Will
now in Mop & cata where we've got a fuckton more off cc they removed it.
If you have problems understanding my post, don't assume something and hit the reply button but read it again.

#102 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

I'd like to see less of these abilities where there is a very binary decision-making process in their use. For instance, here's the thought process behind tremor totem:

- Am I feared -> Yes -> use tremor totem
- Am I feared -> No -> don't use tremor totem

It would be nice if they reworked a bit of the old design into it so that you have to place the totem BEFORE you get feared. Give it a 30 second cooldown, make it have high health, and make it remove fear for the next 3 seconds.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#103 Oliaxz

Oliaxz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

i liked when shaman had to care about where they put their totems. Now you need 3-4 global to kill the important one with a cooldown so by the time its dead it doesnt matter cause the pressure you had is gone. Tremor is too strong in its current state and unless you have a lock you really wont ever get a full fear on a sham without tremor up. The only way to beat sham comp w/o a lock on your team is to fear dps and lock shaman down so when a sham plays with something like dk/hunt it gets fucking retarded cause the dps have so many outs so you cant ever go on sham for too long cause you have the insane DK/X shit on you and you cant ever kill anything cause you cant ever CC the sham. The way it worked in wotlk was better, the sham could spam it and put it in obscure places so youd have to go out of your way to kill it. And youd have a couple of sec to kill it after you fear before it ticks.

Edited by Oliaxz, 21 April 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#104 Tuxer

Tuxer
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2201
  • 3v3: 2131

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

Should just make tremor a 3 minute CD imo
Soul Brother #2
I am the reincarnation of Yeezus
http://www.twitch.tv/TuxerTV
#420dank

#105 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostPoobandit, on 21 April 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

Fears do break on damage, I'm pretty sure the threshold is 10% max hp. You don't lose half your health, that is a gross exaggeration. If it's not breaking on damage it's because our dots laughable aren't hitting hard enough to break it for a few seconds.

I think as a whole totemic restoration should just have totems be a longer cooldown, i.e instead of reducing the cooldown by 50%, maybe 25% would be a good number.

Windwalk totem owns as well, 45s tremor imo would be fair.

Despite ele / enhance being kind of bad, having a tremor for your healer every 30secs is a little extreme. Your healer will get out of fear as often as a resto shaman would.

Didn't read this whole thread, stopped at pg2 but I've died in just as many fears as I have deeps this expansion on my healers.  Maybe "Fear"'s threshold is 10% but Psychic scream sure the fuck isn't.

Edited by Hektiik, 21 April 2013 - 11:45 PM.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#106 Oliaxz

Oliaxz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

View PostHektiik, on 21 April 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

Didn't read this whole thread, stopped at pg2 but I've died in just as many fears as I have deeps this expansion on my healers.  Maybe "Fear"'s threshold is 10% but Psychic scream sure the fuck isn't.

i believe only damage from instant attack can break fear, dots and auto attacks dont break it.

#107 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2643
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostOliaxz, on 21 April 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

i believe only damage from instant attack can break fear, dots and auto attacks dont break it.

i believe only yellow numbers break it.

#108 toheja88

toheja88
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostBraindance, on 21 April 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

You serious right? We are comparing an aoe fear break to a fear break with the same cd? And what rock paper scissors? Warriors never countered locks they were just strong against them. And since the zeker nerf priests can land fears on warriors. You people don't understand what would mean to remove zeker rage from warriors. Warriors' current toolset is similar to what other classes had in 2008 and you want to strip them even from those?  What's next? Removing charge?

You almost sound as biased as shamans defending tremor on 30 sec cd. Zerker rage needs to have higher cd along with tremor. Also it breaks sap and you cannot get opener with warrior being sapped which is annoying enough.

#109 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

View Posttoheja88, on 22 April 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

You almost sound as biased as shamans defending tremor on 30 sec cd. Zerker rage needs to have higher cd along with tremor. Also it breaks sap and you cannot get opener with warrior being sapped which is annoying enough.
If you have problems as a rogue vs war teams l2p sorry. It has  always been like this and rogues never had problems with it. You still have 2 other targets to sap.

So

L2p.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#110 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

anything that breaks cc and makes you immune to it is fuckin retarded. zerk rage, lichborne etc
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#111 Eveny

Eveny
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

every class has 5 trinkets nowadays GG blizztards
If you have problems understanding my post, don't assume something and hit the reply button but read it again.

#112 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostHektiik, on 21 April 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

Every fear behaves in the same way. You might die "in a fear", but in reality you're just being bursted at the same time. Fear can't really break faster when it hits the same second.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#113 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1693
  • 3v3: 2124

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

View Posttoheja88, on 22 April 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Then sap something else and blow up the warrior/3rd team mate? Jesus.
Posted Image

#114 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Nerfing Berserker Rage would effectively turn Warriors into Ret Paladins where you just get feared around non stop, and by the time you run halfway across the arena back to the fight and cast 1-2 spells...your fear DR just reset and you get to go on vacation again.

Also, Warriors were definitely strong against Warlocks at least one point during WotLK.  The rule of thumb was that if you caught a Warlock and his pet in a SS/BS he would probably die, or at the very least his pet would die, resulting in his eventual death.  There were a lot of changes and nerfs to Warriors and Warlocks both to combat this.  The result is Bladestorm being worthless and Warlock pets are not something you go out of your way to kill anymore.

Is Berserker Rage obnoxious for 2 classes to deal with?  Yes.  But personally I don't think that's a problem, and if it is, it's such a minor problem compared to all of the other shit going on in this game right now that it's ridiculous to even bring it up.  If we're going to sit here and campaign for nerfs based on what is good against our class, then I'd like to throw my hat into the ring and campaign for Mage nerfs.

#115 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

if everyone would l2p instead of crying like little bitches you would realise that the game is more balanced than what you think in 3s except thugcleave
don't fear the shaman if you can't... helped you a little

#116 flay117

flay117
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 384

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

View Postkhuna, on 22 April 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

if everyone would l2p instead of crying like little bitches you would realise that the game is more balanced than what you think in 3s except thugcleave
Agreed

#117 Antitaleon

Antitaleon
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/2/1/0

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

old tremor was better
Posted Image

3x glad 1x r1 logics

Spoiler

Spoiler

#118 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'm pretty sure I'd argue that the game was balanced if I too played the easily best comp to ever exist in wow

Good imput dude

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#119 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

keep thinking like that you'll get far

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1056
  • 3v3: 2264
  • RBG: 1681

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

there are some situations where ur like ok ima sheep the shaman and u fear priest so we can go hard on the 3rd class, but u know, a class having a spell that can break ur cc without even thinking is retarded.the game doesnt need stuff which u can break cc from apart from trinket.Things like tremor, lichborn, zerker rage are just mindless spells that bring down the skillcap.In wotlk it used to be like , ok ima sap the war to force the zerker rage then we can fear him full ,and the war knows that and doesnt spam it mindlessly.Right now if u try to fear the war he ll just break it without even thinking , just like a shaman will spam his tremor cuz he has it whenever the priest his fear rdy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<