Oliaxz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=230679

Heyyy, this is a short video of some of the games I did as RPS up to 2.2ish this season on Rampage US-Illidan. Rogue PoV. Clips taken from stream so quality isnt top. Don't forget to choose 720p.

A little bit about me...
I was a 2.9 rogue back in WotLK. I decided to quit late S7 and I've been playing a mage from time to time on private servers such as Arena-Tournament(up to 2.6kish). I've been streaming on those servers for some time now but i never felt interested in making a 3rd video with footage from such an old expansion. So ye I decided to give retail another shot after hearing about the new rogue buffs in 5.2. So I've been getting some good games recently and I thought it would be fun to download some clips from my stream and pull together this short pvp video. Keep in mind that this is the first season since S7 that Im playing rogue and since i dont know anyone anymore I've just been trying out people from trade chat. Don't get me wrong, the sham and spr that I play with in this vid are both really good, but the same cant be said for all the 2.2+ heroes that Ive played with this season. I feel like most rogue comps rely on really good cross CC(at least thats how i like to play them) and wizard cleave heroes tend to fail at doing this nowadays... Aaaaanyway, I hope you'll like my vid :D and check out my stream at twitch.tv/oliaxz

thanks

PS. You'll see me click/mouseover from time to time. That's because sometimes it just feels more natural/faster to click to switch target then to do my target/focus arena123 macros (hand positionning, direction I want to go, which ability i want to use). Its hard to explain... Also, when people are far away, ill almost always target with my macros, but when they're really close I tend to click/mouseover more, its like when theres a lot of action/pressure i get that brain/muscle memory that pushes me to aim and click as fast as possible like in a shooter/rts. So yeah i still have a lot to improve on but I think im getting there.

Edited by Oliaxz, 20 April 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#2 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

Needs more addons! I really like the music in this very chill and relaxing good work on that for sure. I would have loved to have some skype with the games but the chill music will do. If you could give me the playlist that would be nice.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#3 Oliaxz

Oliaxz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostIcekingx, on 20 April 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

Needs more addons! I really like the music in this very chill and relaxing good work on that for sure. I would have loved to have some skype with the games but the chill music will do. If you could give me the playlist that would be nice.

Songs :
Borealis - Helical Flutter
Wild Beasts - Two Dancers (Jon Hopkins Remix)
Jon Hopkins - Monsters Theme

I had the skype but I didn't feel like breaking the mood with it. I was thinking about incluing like a small 30s or so at some point but this already took me like 6 hours to do cause of the flv crap converter to mp4 and the rest of the editing. It's pretty short so I didn't feel like putting much more time into it.

And yeah I love addons, still the only "tracker" addons that i use are sarena for trinkets and diminishing returns. Rest is really just for looks and big icons for debuff/buff that i care about. I never understand when people act all high and mighty when they say that they use default ui with only like 2-3 addons when those addons are stuff like interrupt bar, losecontrol, afflicted, etc. Or like they figure out a way to make a script macro that does the same thing... Thats just being hypocrite imo. Embrace it or use nothing at all.

Edited by Oliaxz, 20 April 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#4 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2258
  • 3v3: 2682
  • RBG: 576

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

I'd prefer commentary tbh. The music's nice and chilled and would work wonders with a world pvp or 1vsX vid but in 3vs3 i prefer listening to how teams are trying to setup kills etc.

Nothing wrong with the UI and don't worry about the occasional random mouseovers.

#5 Deyzx

Deyzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/0/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

have enough addons?

Edited by Deyzx, 20 April 2013 - 04:44 AM.

#6 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1693
  • 3v3: 2124

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Dude what is this, 2010? Addons are so passé.

Cool kids roll with default UI's these days.

#7 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

i just did a handstand and pissed in my mouth
Posted Image

#8 Oliaxz

Oliaxz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostJustwoo, on 20 April 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

i just did a handstand and pissed in my mouth

that sounds hard to do

#9 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:48 AM

nice - do you ever run mfd?

#10 Unseenz

Unseenz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2314
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostNitric, on 21 April 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

i bested you in the warsong gulch, owned peasant

Posted Image

View PostIcekingx, on 20 April 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

i think the more addons a movie has the better it is.
so like a movie with 5 addons is better than a movie with two addons, a movie with 30 addons is better than one with 25 and so on

Edited by Unseenz, 21 April 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#11 Oliaxz

Oliaxz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostNitric, on 21 April 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

i feel like mfd is for kids that just want to 1 shot people with on procs trinket, engin glove and tailoring... I like to be doing something every GCD so i enjoy shuriken a lot more and its nice to not be 100% useless when out of range. But i understand that maybe at very high ratings mfd with crazy procs is the only way to land kills vs some comps.

As for addons i dont think i use that many, i just know how to configure them properly :
Bartender4
SexyMap
bNameplates (modified to not show debuff on top and couple of other things)
Masque w/ Onyx Redux skin (replaced on press texture w/ Interface/Cooldown/star4.png)
Shadowed Unitframes
sArena
CooldownToGo
LoseControl
Debuff Filter
Raven
Diminishing Returns
Combo Watch (modified to not update on target switch)
Nug Energy (modified to not show bar and update every +1 energy gain)
MikScrollingBattleText
Font : Doris PP and PEPSI
and some other quality of life addons that you cant see in action in the vid

Edited by Oliaxz, 21 April 2013 - 04:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<