#21 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

"[font=verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]On the topic of crowd control specifically, overall we don’t feel like there is too much."[/background][/size][/font]

[font=verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]Do they even play their own game? [/background][/size][/font]
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#22 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

[quote name='Darksoldierr' timestamp='1366461862' post='3877985']
"[font=verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]On the topic of crowd control specifically, overall we don’t feel like there is too much."[/background][/size][/font]

[font=verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]Do they even play their own game? [/background][/size][/font]
[/quote]

i don't think enough people realize spriests are so represented because of the retarded amounts of cc

#23 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

[quote name='Darksoldierr' timestamp='1366461862' post='3877985']

[/quote]
there is far less cc around now then there was in wotlk, the difference is that most cc then was spamable but avoidable, now more and more ccs have cooldowns but are instant so cant be avoided.

also teams actually had to set up cc to eventually land a kill, whereas now every individual character is packing enough burst to kill a target on demand, cc becomes of secondary importance but that doesnt matter since cc that gets kills is all instant and easy to land.

best example is probably mage sp healer playstyle in wotlk/season 9 cata compared to now. then it required a 20 min cc chain on the other teams healer to get their defensive cooldowns and then set up a kill, now its deep blanket silence every 30 seconds and see if something dies

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 20 April 2013 - 01:38 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#24 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

[quote name='Dizzeeyo' timestamp='1366465081' post='3877993']
there is far less cc around now then there was in wotlk, the difference is that most cc then was spamable but avoidable, now more and more ccs have cooldowns but are instant so cant be avoided.

also teams actually had to set up cc to eventually land a kill, whereas now every individual character is packing enough burst to kill a target on demand, cc becomes of secondary importance but that doesnt matter since cc that gets kills is all instant and easy to land.

best example is probably mage sp healer playstyle in wotlk/season 9 cata compared to now. then it required a 20 min cc chain on the other teams healer to get their defensive cooldowns and then set up a kill, now its deep blanket silence every 30 seconds and see if something dies
[/quote]

I dont know mate, back then paladins didn't had aoe cc, priests fearspammer pet, warriors aoe and ranged stun, rogues poision stun, shamans aoe stun, hunters root and stun and i could keep on going.

Maybe my age, and my memory is bad, but in wotlk there was minimum 20% less cc overall, if not more.
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#25 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

[quote name='Capers' timestamp='1366396226' post='3877808']
I don't understand why people always say this. Yes, they don't HAVE to answer things, but if they want their game to succeed/keep PvPers subscribed, then yes, they do have to answer stuff.
[/quote]

You seriously think this?  You honestly think that if they didn't do 'ask the devs' or twitter or any of those other things that a lot of people would stop playing?  I think you have a very poor grasp of the insanely tiny percentage of people who play the game while also actively reading about/attempting to communicate with Blizzard.

#26 Welgard

Welgard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

[quote name='Udderly' timestamp='1366392345' post='3877785']
3. There is a ton of information in there.  Be happy they tell you anything at all THE DEVS DO NOT HAVE TO TELL YOU ANYTHING IF THEY DON'T WANT TO.  People have become so damned entitled in this game, they have this bizarre idea that Blizz HAS to tell them what they want to know.  They do not have to use twitter.  They do not have to do blue posts.  They do not have to do ask the devs.  But they do it because they want to share the info.
[/quote]

They do not have to do those things, but it is cost-efficient for them to do so, as well as a brilliant marketing decision.  When players feel empowered, when they feel that they can ask some of the lead developers a question about something and get a response, they are far more likely to continue playing and paying for the game.

For Blizzard, by being able to poll the community, by being able to be tweeted about massive bugs discovered by players that ruin pvp, by getting players' feedback on different things, they save a massive amount of money compared to paying a bunch of random people to just play the game and get the same information.

For the topic at hand, yeah I thought their question selection was pretty bad.  I couldn't post a question because it was only on the EU forums.  And they honestly don't think that there is too much crowd control?  There is definitely a large amount of crowd control, but the biggest problem by far is how easily that crowd control is applied.  Most of it just takes an instant cast which can't be interrupted or reliably blocked with line of sight.  There is so little finesse to it, just toss cc on the other couple targets with blanket silences and stuns on the healer you're tunneling in most cases.

#27 samuser1234

samuser1234
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination 2/0/1/1/2/1
  • RBG: 958

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

[quote name='Welgard' timestamp='1366496990' post='3878114']
They do not have to do those things, but it is cost-efficient for them to do so, as well as a brilliant marketing decision.  When players feel empowered, when they feel that they can ask some of the lead developers a question about something and get a response, they are far more likely to continue playing and paying for the game.

[/quote]

Holinka has personally gotten 2 months subscription out of me for blizzard with his communication and tweets
#1 rogue trip deepz USA, u mad bro?

#28 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

[quote name='Welgard' timestamp='1366496990' post='3878114']

For Blizzard, by being able to poll the community, by being able to be tweeted about massive bugs discovered by players that ruin pvp, by getting players' feedback on different things, they save a massive amount of money compared to paying a bunch of random people to just play the game and get the same information.

For the topic at hand, yeah I thought their question selection was pretty bad.  I couldn't post a question because it was only on the EU forums.  And they honestly don't think that there is too much crowd control?  There is definitely a large amount of crowd control, but the biggest problem by far is how easily that crowd control is applied.  Most of it just takes an instant cast which can't be interrupted or reliably blocked with line of sight.  There is so little finesse to it, just toss cc on the other couple targets with blanket silences and stuns on the healer you're tunneling in most cases.
[/quote]
[quote name='samuser1234' timestamp='1366502089' post='3878138']
Holinka has personally gotten 2 months subscription out of me for blizzard with his communication and tweets
[/quote]

I don't disagree with this, but I'm saying that people are insanely ungrateful.  Every post about pvp doesn't have to cater to us as an audience (arena junkies who play at the higher end).  It's not ridiculous for them to answer questions about things like low level pvp, world pvp, etc. - those people have just as much a right to know things as you do.  Getting a title by your name doesn't entitle you to an answer more than someone else who doesn't have a title.

Holinka has been amazing, and I tweet back and forth with him all the time.  All I'm saying is that people need to relax and stop getting so angry when "blizz answers dumb questions".  That's called an opinion, and it's subjective.  Not everyone in the world thinks they were dumb questions, I'm sure.

#29 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

The Holinka love is really cute, but in the ends, its still a team that makes the decisions, and seems like the team dont think there are too much CC, burst is fine, overall gameplay is fine and we should subscribe till the next expansion too, since in the next expansion everythings gonna be better!

Oh also, PvE geared tanks in AB/Temple/etc are perfectly fine by their point of view. Well, i guess it not a suprise, look at how they handle pve trinkets

Edited by Darksoldierr, 21 April 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#30 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Just because they don't share your point of view doesn't mean they're dumb. They dont want PvE gear entirely gone, because they're hoping that people that do PvE might be interested in attempting PvP come 5.3 with the baseline resilience buff, if PvE flat out didn't owrk in any PvP scenario, they certainly wouldn't even try. Would you be bothered to farm 5 man heroics, just to enter LFR? I think not.

They're already answered multiple times @ PvE gear on RBG tanks, they don't think it'll pose as big a deal as people are trying to make it out to be, but they're ready to take actions if it's true.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<