(Media) Piracy

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

Anybody not pirate? Why not?

Anyone only pirate under X conditions, moral or financial or whatever?

Curious since I came across some stat saying ~70% of "online users" find nothing wrong with it which seemed high. I find things wrong with it but I do it anyway. To avoid DRM, to try a game that I'm not sure about without paying 50-60$ for new releases, and yeah sometimes to simply not pay(I think many games are overpriced). OTOH there are some titles I buy because I know it's going to be a great game and I like/trust the developers/publisher.

With music I download 100% of it now w/out paying whether via torrents or just downloading from streaming sites with a small program to make it convenient. At this point I pretty much wouldn't buy an album even from my favorite artists - which is inconsistent with my game pirating vs paying habits but I guess I'm just no longer bothered about music DLing I've been doing it for so long. Pretty much the same deal with movies/TV shows too.

This is coming from someone who doesn't really believe in any kind of objective right and wrong. I do of course still want artists to be rewarded but digital media has obviously made it a complicated matter.

#2 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

I don't pirate after the whole Kony 2012 thing.

#3 Rilor

Rilor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2342
  • LocationStraya Cunt

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

I don't pirate things because it's illegal.
I'm the man.

#4 Peacesells

Peacesells
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/1/0

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

I download music.

But I also own about 5000 CD's and about 8500 vinyls and most of the music that I downloaded I already bought to "support the artist".
Peace sells ...but who's buying?

#5 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

I pirate.  I know it's wrong but I justify it by telling myself those companies/people make millions...and noone needs that much money.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#6 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

Pirate Bay best Bay.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#7 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

I pirate things that I've already bought. I've fucking lost my Age of Mythology CDs like 3 fucking times. I'm not buying that shit again.
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

View PostNameswapro, on 18 November 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#8 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

Oklahoma.
a
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#9 berserker

berserker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

Downloading the latest Game of Thrones as we speak. I already got HBO, but definitely want that shit on my hard drive.
Posted Image

#10 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

Pirate music with the possibility of buying it later.

Games I really only ever get when they're on steam sale.
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#11 Deadsoil

Deadsoil
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/0/2/0/2

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Ahoy Mateys!
Posted Image

#12 Flexes92

Flexes92
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0/1

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

i download most music but with some smaller artists that are not at the top yet i buy albums because i wanna support them to get more famous. also i sometimes buy an album just to have it with cover and everything.
when it comes to games i basicly only buy playstation games because some games are just better on ps3 and i dont know how to crack ps3 games and im too lazy to do it even if its possible. i dont really play single player games except some on the ps3 like final fantasy so i dont really download single player games illegaly. and for most multiplayer games nowadays you need the real version anyways because you cant crack an online game so i guess most of my games are legal. When it comes to movies its the same as with music. i download them/watch streams mercilessly but some movies you just wanna see in the cinema and wanna have the dvd just to own it.

i guess in general when you are like 14 years old or something you pirate more because you are just 14, you have a very limited amount of money per month and if you can get a game for free instead of spending all the money your parents gave you this month on it you will probably just get it for free. now that im 21 i dont really care. if i wanna play the new final fantasy i just order it and dont even care about the price at all. i guess im pirating music and movies because its just so easy. when i listen to a song on spotify i like i just open my grooveshark downloader and download it. same quality and same time investment as if i would buy it on itunes. when it comes to movies its even easier to just watch the stream instead of buying it, going to the cinema or renting it. obviously the quality suffers so when i wanna watch a movie where i know its good i watch it in the cinema.

lunor said:

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

View Postlucyk, on 28 March 2011 - 10:13 AM, said:

being ugly doesn't mean you have inner beauty

#13 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

buy albums of my absolute favorite bands, or if a song i really like isn't available for free download and i think it is really worth paying for it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<