• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

View PostMatisse, on 19 April 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

Yes, we've established that it's a subjective matter, but thank you for the further explanation. Perhaps that thread wasn't the appropriate place for a joke like that?

I don't recall voicing my personal opinion on the matter -- rather, I was expanding on the discussion as to why the post was removed.

And why wouldn't it be? Because some people are too sensitive to allow other people to make light out of a depressing situation? The tone doesn't mean anything. Everybody in the thread could agree that it was a terrible calamity. The difference is the reaction, and how those reactions are perceived.

My bad on the second part, I merely tried to use "you" metaphorically. It didn't work out well, I could have clarified that better.

#82 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostFTRouslan, on 19 April 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

And why wouldn't it be? Because some people are too sensitive to allow other people to make light out of a depressing situation? The tone doesn't mean anything. Everybody in the thread could agree that it was a terrible calamity. The difference is the reaction, and how those reactions are perceived.

My bad on the second part, I merely tried to use "you" metaphorically. It didn't work out well, I could have clarified that better.

No, I don't attribute it to being overly sensitive. Rather, the post in question started off with a joke about the blast, and only then seemed to go "oh yeah by the way that sucks" -- it didn't seem like a sincere concern. Later, the same poster said "I still don't like Boston, really sorry for the people that got hurt though." The concern seemed like an afterthought, and whether or not that was the intention, it was delivered in a manner that most people would likely have an issue with.

@second part: No problem, you can try using 'one' instead but it can sound a bit weird.

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#83 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

I don't even see how you guys can hold a serious discussion after that Burrito Beatdown pic
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#84 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

View PostSlashgiggle, on 19 April 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

I don't even see how you guys can hold a serious discussion after that Burrito Beatdown pic
LMF AO

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#85 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostMatisse, on 19 April 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

No, I don't attribute it to being overly sensitive. Rather, the post in question started off with a joke about the blast, and only then seemed to go "oh yeah by the way that sucks" -- it didn't seem like a sincere concern. Later, the same poster said "I still don't like Boston, really sorry for the people that got hurt though." The concern seemed like an afterthought, and whether or not that was the intention, it was delivered in a manner that most people would likely have an issue with.

@second part: No problem, you can try using 'one' instead but it can sound a bit weird.

So does the poster have to construct an eloquent eulogy for the dead in order to justify his attempt at black humor? I think it was introduced as a subtle reminder that he too feels the pain of this disaster towards the more sensitive audience members, which clearly did not work.

I didn't see the second post, so I don't really have an opinion about it. It might have been a shitty post, but I'm pretty sure that most shitty posts aren't against the rules. They're just shitty posts.

#86 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

View PostFTRouslan, on 19 April 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

So does the poster have to construct an eloquent eulogy for the dead in order to justify his attempt at black humor? I think it was introduced as a subtle reminder that he too feels the pain of this disaster towards the more sensitive audience members, which clearly did not work.

I didn't see the second post, so I don't really have an opinion about it. It might have been a shitty post, but I'm pretty sure that most shitty posts aren't against the rules. They're just shitty posts.

No, obviously shitty posts aren't against the rules, I was saying that it reinforced the perception that the first post wasn't made in a sincere way. I didn't imply that the poster should have made an eloquent eulogy, and I don't think I agree with the joke being a way to empathize with the previous posters. You used the word audience, and at that point in the thread every other poster had expressed a somber disposition, so do you think that, in that thread at that time, black humor probably wasn't a good idea? I know appropriateness, for lack of a better word, is subjective, but knowing the audience in that thread, it's understandable why it wasn't met with a positive reception.

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#87 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostReliuna, on 18 April 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo

yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo

hahahaaha

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>?

ᴴᵉ ᵈᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵃˢʰ
ᴴᵉ ᵈᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵒᶰˢᵗᵉʳ ᵐᵃˢʰ
ᵀʰᵉ ᵐᵒᶰˢᵗᵉʳ ᵐᵃˢʰ
ᴵᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵃ ᵍʳᵃᵛᵉʸᵃʳᵈ ˢᵐᵃˢʰ
ᴴᵉ ᵈᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵃˢʰ
ᴵᵗ ᶜᵃᵘᵍʰᵗ ᵒᶰ ᶦᶰ ᵃ ᶠᶫᵃˢʰ
ᴴᵉ ᵈᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵃˢʰ
ᴴᵉ ᵈᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵒᶰˢᵗᵉʳ ᵐᵃˢʰ

yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo

HAHA SOMEONE IS MAD^^
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

HAHA LOL >.<!  lol

i guess i brought this thread to a new level now, enjoy.

+rep'd
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#88 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostReliuna, on 18 April 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

pretty difficult to derail a thread with no actual/interesting content

Just because you are not interested does not mean it is not interesting to other people.  For instance bumming tight mens bums interests you greatly where I couldn't give a fuck about it.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#89 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostReliuna, on 18 April 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

a subject being personal doesn't make it valid for discussion amongst strangers from different parts of the world, I explained this thoroughly but apparently you are illiterate? you thought you had to break it down to part(s) because you didn't understand that I had already adressed said part(s). you didn't need to break it down to part(s), so please adress it or stop replying to my posts if you are unwilling to discuss the subjects you start.

Who the fuck are you to tell us what is "Valid" for discussion.  We will discuss what ever the fuck we like.
Posted Image

#90 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

I think Reliuna is in desperate need of some kind of beating what do you think guys?
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#91 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

I don't wanna get into this discussion, but do you even know what "esoteric" means?
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#92 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

ye pharaun wtf
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#93 wrathebe

wrathebe
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/1/.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

I like Syke, good mod

Spoiler

#94 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/./.
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Why was this transferred to a different thread, just delete the thread and forget the whole thing. Syke, I have no idea why you resent removing the infraction so much given that you know I wasn't trolling and am sorry for what I posted, I won't post off colored jokes in threads like that.

"Keep the fire alive inside you." - Baron X.
Soundcloud.com/BaronX
Facebook.com/BaronXOfficial
YouTube.com/BaronXOfficial
Twitter.com/BaronXOfficial
Coming Soon: BaronXOfficial.com

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image

#95 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

bareblar... if you wanna post some sick jokes may I recommend this web site

Disclaimer: Do not go on this web site unless you have a dark sense of humour.  Even then you will most probably still find some jokes on here that will offend you.

www.sickipedia.org
Posted Image

#96 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

I stopped reading about half way through page three because I think I read this "someone else posts bad things and you don't infract them, how dare you infract me".  Did you use that excuse when you got caught doing bad shit as a kid too??

This is the most ridiculous thread I've read in ages.  You made a really insensitive post that probably offended people in a sensitive time, someone infracted you, you are fighting over it like someone just sentenced you to jail and it's life or death, and using the excuse that other people do other stuff that they arent infracted for so why should you??

Geez dude...

#97 berserker

berserker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

whats goin on here
Posted Image

#98 wrathebe

wrathebe
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/1/.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

i have no idea lol

#99 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

View Postardnut, on 19 April 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

Just because you are not interested does not mean it is not interesting to other people.  For instance bumming tight mens bums interests you greatly where I couldn't give a fuck about it.

shame u cant compare those 2 since i have not made a thread about bumming tight mens bums

good try though
Posted Image

#100 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

View Postardnut, on 19 April 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Who the fuck are you to tell us what is "Valid" for discussion.  We will discuss what ever the fuck we like.

i'm by far the most amazing person on this entire forum so i'd say that makes it legit for me to tell others what and what not to discuss

Edited by Reliuna, 19 April 2013 - 08:57 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<