Jump to content

Random esoteric discussion about syke's moderation policy


  • Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#41 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5713
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

j/w did you even try to take this up in PMs before flooding this bored with your over-dramatic whining?

Even when I was dealing with that other cunt moderator, I atleast sent her a pm before crying to the boards and pming an admin to get it reversed.

I also at no point used the presumption that because person (a) did it, I should be able to do it.  That does nothing but promote increased censorship.

#42 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7038
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

YOU JUST GONNA IGNORE MY PM THERE ON SKYPE DUDE?

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#43 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5713
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 18 April 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

YOU JUST GONNA IGNORE MY PM THERE ON SKYPE DUDE?
Unfortunately, like many things you post nowadays, it is simply not worth responding to.


Please consider upping your post quality, you are approaching albulfia status.

#44 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Posts: 11349
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

so many crab battles dude
s a d b o y s

#45 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1085
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/./.
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

View Poststcolbert, on 18 April 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

j/w did you even try to take this up in PMs before flooding this bored with your over-dramatic whining?

Even when I was dealing with that other cunt moderator, I atleast sent her a pm before crying to the boards and pming an admin to get it reversed.

I also at no point used the presumption that because person (a) did it, I should be able to do it.  That does nothing but promote increased censorship.

I probably should have PMed him first, you're right.

No, it doesn't promote increased censorship, it promotes fairness instead of favoritism. It's okay when it's someone who isn't on Skype with you guys gets shat on but god forbid you start drama with the wrong person and all of a sudden everything you do is an actionable offense. That's what I'm afraid of. This was Syke's first infraction in a year and I think it is good that he doesn't just hand them out. You can just edit a post and fix its content or just remove it (which was also done) and not have to throw around infractions unless someone is clearly defying the rules.

This is only the second infraction I have ever received since I joined this site in 2009. I accepted the first because I felt it was justified, I'm not taking this one sitting down because I did nothing so wrong to warrant an infraction when compared to how loosely the rules are typically followed here.

Remove the infraction and delete this entire conversation. I want to just let this go.


"Keep the fire alive inside you." - Baron X.
Soundcloud.com/BaronX
Facebook.com/BaronXOfficial
YouTube.com/BaronXOfficial
Twitter.com/BaronXOfficial
Coming Soon: BaronXOfficial.com

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image


#46 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5713
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

View Postbareblar03, on 18 April 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

I probably should have PMed him first, you're right.

No, it doesn't promote increased censorship, it promotes fairness instead of favoritism. It's okay when it's someone who isn't on Skype with you guys gets shat on but god forbid you start drama with the wrong person and all of a sudden everything you do is an actionable offense. That's what I'm afraid of. This was Syke's first infraction in a year and I think it is good that he doesn't just hand them out. You can just edit a post and fix its content or just remove it (which was also done) and not have to throw around infractions unless someone is clearly defying the rules.

This is only the second infraction I have ever received since I joined this site in 2009. I accepted the first because I felt it was justified, I'm not taking this one sitting down because I did nothing so wrong to warrant an infraction when compared to how loosely the rules are typically followed here.

Remove the infraction and delete this entire conversation. I want to just let this go.
Don't argue with me, you are wrong.

It does increase censorship, even if it does also promote fairness. Break the rules all you want, but take responsibility.  Usually the mods are pretty good about not being faggots about it. If you are actually breaking the rules and get caught, don't start a bitch storm.  If you weren't breaking the rules then you may have a case.

It's like driving 15km/hr over the speed limit.

Can't agree more with the comment about starting drama with the wrong person...but tbh that's pretty good entertainment.... watching them jerk each other off (and that's not all of skype group, only select individuals...some of us have the capacity to form our own opinions).

I wouldn't have given an infraction, but if I did and then you had this massive whine fest calling me out on it, I would 100% not reverse the infraction.  ]

Next time, try not acting like a bitch.

#47 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7038
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

View Poststcolbert, on 18 April 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

Unfortunately, like many things you post nowadays, it is simply not worth responding to.


Please consider upping your post quality, you are approaching albulfia status.

Wanna have a foot race to settle this?

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#48 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 11166
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

Simplest solution to getting the infraction reversed is contacting an admin because that's what you're supposed to do in these situations. Bloating this thread with arguements is probably going to hurt your chances when you finally get around to doing it properly.

#49 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Posts: 5534
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostBreadstick, on 18 April 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

nah it's pretty much a common sense thing

except it's not
Posted Image

#50 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 3413
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

View Postbareblar03, on 18 April 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

I know it's nothing serious,

I just want to forget this whole thing ever happened

I don't want to keep this conversation going

let's just be men about it and remove it

forget the whole thing happened.

Let's just drop it and forget this entire thing happened.

I don't care.


And then:

Quote

I've got screenshots of it all anyway just in case you decide to ban me for speaking up.

I'm only on page 4 so far. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

#51 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1085
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/./.
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostHobbeś, on 18 April 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

And then:



I'm only on page 4 so far. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

It isn't a big deal for me and it shouldn't be a big deal for him to remove. I was just saying I had screenshots in case things get worse because I'm not going to take this sitting down. I did nothing wrong and I won't take a punishment I didn't earn. I have a long track record of decency and maintaining a level of intellect and this is just insulting especially when I was very nearly personally affected.


"Keep the fire alive inside you." - Baron X.
Soundcloud.com/BaronX
Facebook.com/BaronXOfficial
YouTube.com/BaronXOfficial
Twitter.com/BaronXOfficial
Coming Soon: BaronXOfficial.com

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image


#52 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Wow I can't even believe that you guys will argue over such trivial shit.  Talk about derailing a thread.  If anything the mods should take this to PM's and leave this thread to be about the tragedy of the Boston Marathon bombing.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#53 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Posts: 5534
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

View Postardnut, on 18 April 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Talk about derailing a thread.

pretty difficult to derail a thread with no actual/interesting content
Posted Image

#54 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7038
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Postardnut, on 18 April 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Wow I can't even believe that you guys will argue over such trivial shit.  Talk about derailing a thread.  If anything the mods should take this to PM's and leave this thread to be about the tragedy of the Boston Marathon bombing.

I wouldn't say it's derailing the thread at entirely.  It's a tangential argument considering he's still relating it to the Boston marathon, perceiving my action towards his disposition based upon his proximity to the Boston Marathon and how he felt about said actions.  The bits about site rules/infractions are off topic, yeah, but that's about it.

View PostReliuna, on 18 April 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

pretty difficult to derail a thread with no actual/interesting content

You need to stop.  Either you're sociopathic/completely lacking any sense of empathy or you're being obnoxious for the sake of getting a rise out of people.  If you can't see why a thread created by an American near the incident is at least worthy of discussion, then just don't post in it.  I'm definitely not going to tolerate it at this point.  You're just trying to be obnoxious for no real reason.  The only reason this would mean less to you than your average American is because this didn't happen in "your home" so the impact isn't felt as much but it doesn't grant you freedom to be condescending towards other people who are affected by it (in any degree).

Just stop.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#55 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Posts: 5534
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 18 April 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

You need to stop.  Either you're sociopathic/completely lacking any sense of empathy or you're being obnoxious for the sake of getting a rise out of people.  If you can't see why a thread created by an American near the incident is at least worthy of discussion, then just don't post in it.  I'm definitely not going to tolerate it at this point.  You're just trying to be obnoxious for no real reason.  The only reason this would mean less to you than your average American is because this didn't happen in "your home" so the impact isn't felt as much but it doesn't grant you freedom to be condescending towards other people who are affected by it (in any degree).

Just stop.

anyone got some statistics of the percentage of AJ members who have close ones living in boston?

and sorry, but the death count is: 3
feel free to google some of the real disasters of this world that's going on right now and cry me a river for all the lost ones before you call me sociopathic.

death count in syria? 60.000 i believe

edit: how exactly is this worthy of a discussion? the only legit replies to this thread should be a couple of "sorry to hear that" or "i feel for you". the thread doesnt have enough content to go on for more than 1 page, you cannot compare this to the shooting in norway because that situation actually gave people information on the killer since he had released a long nazi/whatever statement on the internet. and that whole situation was extremely unique. we know nothing about the guy(s) who placed these bombs, the bombs were home-made and uninteresting, and the death count is low as fuck, there's simply nothing to discuss. this is why i found it funny that people were calling out others to be "derailing it". there is nothing to derail.

Edited by Reliuna, 18 April 2013 - 10:00 PM.

Posted Image

#56 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7038
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Nice you completely skipped over the "close to home" portion of it.  Just don't post in this thread.  It's pretty simple.  You've nothing to offer to it, you don't think it offers anything anyhow, so there's literally no reason for you to reply to it.  You're just being a stubborn ass.  Let it go and just leave the thread?

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#57 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7038
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

If you think that x amount of people need to be killed to quantify a thread then you are sociopathic.  Hmm, 234 people died in this one, that's juuuuuuuust short of my 235 death quota for relevant thread creation.  Too bad!

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#58 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Posts: 5534
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

your style of nitpicking posts for faults rather than adressing them as a whole truely amuses me, that's 1 reason for me to post here.

some of the other reasons being the fact that most of this thread has nothing to do with the bombing in boston.
Posted Image

#59 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5713
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 18 April 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Nice you completely skipped over the "close to home" portion of it.  Just don't post in this thread.  It's pretty simple.  You've nothing to offer to it, you don't think it offers anything anyhow, so there's literally no reason for you to reply to it.  You're just being a stubborn ass.  Let it go and just leave the thread?
I know this thread is much more serious, but fuck that statement is so hypocritical.

#60 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7038
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

No it's not.  Context, context, context.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<