• Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/./.
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostReliuna, on 17 April 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

im yet to understand why/how this event qualified for the making of a thread

It's a horrible tragedy, it was a terroristic attack on American soil and I had people close to me close to the blasts and I don't like it when people fuck with people close to me. It had some extremist behind it that wants to spread his idiotic ideals at the expense of our safety, it's cowardice straight up and down and it is disgusting.

I can't believe you infracted me Syke, I get that my first post wasn't as serious but I can't believe you infracted me for "trolling", you should infract yourself for being an insensitive asshole.

You're not the only one who is upset about this.

View PostSykeasaurus, on 16 April 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

I specifically remember myself speaking out against that shit.  On AJ, in OT.  And a few people were all "hurrrr calm down" or whatever.  I wasn't a moderator then so I couldn't hide the obvious, disgusting bullshit.  That's why.

Don't even try and lump me in with that, I didn't post to troll, I posted to tell a joke and then be serious because I had people close to me who might have been killed in that blast, I even asked you guys what I should do in Boston all the time, that could have been me that died and you tell me I'm trolling. I'm honestly more upset that you would shit on me like that than I am that I got infracted.

I understand your reaction and I don't care but you need to understand that I don't do shit to troll, I'm here because I like this community, I don't want to get you on my bad side or vice versa because you think that. I'm sorry I posted a joke but I'd do it again. You're not the one who should decide "serious thread" or "funny thread" - we can have a community of people that are mature enough to decide for themselves what they like.

TL;DR 1, We're mad.
TL;DR 2, I'm mad.

Edited by bareblar03, 18 April 2013 - 02:04 AM.

"Keep the fire alive inside you." - Baron X.
Soundcloud.com/BaronX
Facebook.com/BaronXOfficial
YouTube.com/BaronXOfficial
Twitter.com/BaronXOfficial
Coming Soon: BaronXOfficial.com

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image

#2 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

It's an infraction on an internet video game off topic forum.  Why you need to take such a trivial "act" against you and make a stand about it, regarding the post/topic, is beyond me.  Calling me "insensitive" because I'm not clairvoyant is just ... ignorant/dumb.  I'm sorry for your situation and those affected by the tragedy in Boston, your connection with all of that included.  That being said, I don't feel bad for hiding your post/giving out the 1st infraction I ever gave in OT to post content like that.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#3 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

View Postbareblar03, on 18 April 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

I even asked you guys what I should do in Boston all the time, that could have been me that died and you tell me I'm trolling

There's no need to be so dramatic.

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#4 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

View Postbareblar03, on 18 April 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

You're not the one who should decide "serious thread" or "funny thread"

OP:

View PostVexo, on 15 April 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

Fucking sick to my stomach right now, at least 2 dead and 25 injured.

Please, just stop.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#5 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 18 April 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

It's an infraction on an internet video game off topic forum.  Why you need to take such a trivial "act" against you and make a stand about it, regarding the post/topic, is beyond me.  Calling me "insensitive" because I'm not clairvoyant is just ... ignorant/dumb.  I'm sorry for your situation and those affected by the tragedy in Boston, your connection with all of that included.  That being said, I don't feel bad for hiding your post/giving out the 1st infraction I ever gave in OT to post content like that.

I don't agree with it. I don't think you should infract a person for expressing themselves in the way that they see fit. I was fuming about what happened and I still am. You infracted me for choosing to make light of the situation instead of crying about it.

You can't infract a person for dealing with anger differently because TBH some of the shit you post is banworthy too. The only difference is, you're a Moderator, I'm not. I'm not saying you're abusing your power but please, don't get yourself in a tizzy because someone told a joke when you felt it was inappropriate. You're a Moderator, you don't decide who does what and how we live our lives.

Why isn't Reliuna banned for not understanding why I'm upset? That upsets me, get your infraction stick out and infract him as well for not being as serious as the thread "should be"

also, I don't mind Reliuna. Don't actually ban Reliuna.

View PostPharaun, on 18 April 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

OP:

Please, just stop.

You weren't even here when my original post was up and you're quoting it as though that's what I'm referring to. Syke deleted my original post in which I said "You might say they had an explosive finish" because I thought of a quip while I was at the keyboard. I then proceeded to say that despite my hate for Boston I still feel for everyone injured in my own unique way. I don't want to have to spell out every word for you to not get offended but I wasn't even close to trolling.

Also, yes, I'm this serious about this infraction. I want it removed. You want to ban me? Go ahead, I'll screenshot these posts and talk to an Administrator about how you banned me for literally only just what I have said. Expressing myself in a way different than you tolerated in your mindset at the time.

Edited by bareblar03, 18 April 2013 - 02:20 AM.

Soundcloud.com/BaronX

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image

#6 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

View Postbareblar03, on 18 April 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

Why isn't Reliuna banned for not understanding why I'm upset? That upsets me, get your infraction stick out and infract him as well for not being as serious as the thread "should be"

infractions are disgusting and you are in the right
Posted Image

#7 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostReliuna, on 18 April 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

infractions are disgusting and you are in the right

Seriously, it'd be one thing if I came in and posted LOL U MAD BRO? I didn't; I expressed my condolences and made a joke. I'm hoping Syke will take himself out of whatever pissy mood he's in and see that I'm not a troll despite what my avatar and signature would indicate.

Soundcloud.com/BaronX

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image

#8 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

Not in a mood, not removing it and I'm not having a trivial argument.

bk said:

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

#9 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 18 April 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

Not in a mood, not removing it and I'm not having a trivial argument.

You keep telling yourself that but trust me, I've been here for years. You've changed. You're not the same guy you were before you got Moderator and you're entirely too serious. I used to use OT because I enjoyed the ridiculous shit that got posted, you're just enforcing the clique mentality that is killing Off Topic. You can't treat this like your special little club, there are other people here that want to have fun and call me a shit poster all you like but this is why people are leaving.

Soundcloud.com/BaronX

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image

#10 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

Ok, sorry that you feel that way.

bk said:

Insight said:

#11 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 18 April 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

I assume that sentence was a reply to the quote "there are other people here that want to have fun" by bareblar03.
Posted Image

#12 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 18 April 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

You want to be more strict with enforcement? Here are some other rules that have been broken:

Trolling
- 1 pt - Spamming.

@ you, "Ok" does not qualify as a sufficent post in terms of content. We normal users have a filter that stops us from posting such short count inflating posts. That's the reason

a

was even started, to avoid that filter. So let's kill that joke while we're at it.

- 1 pt - Whine threads - Don't create threads just to QQ.

What is this thread? We weren't discussing anything when I posted we were just QQing about how we dislike what happened. Let's get rid of that too while we're on a power trip.

Insulting Posts
- 1 pt - Any post that contains no content and just attempts to insult another poster.

View PostPharaun, on 18 April 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

OP:

Please, just stop.

Post intended to insult me and call me a troll for what I posted when my post wasn't visible and wasn't quoted.

Mods are official representatives of Arena Junkies. They should act as such. A mod should never engage in flame wars, insult other members, or post in an otherwise inappropriate manner. We hold our mods to a higher level of conduct and will come down on mods very hard who break this rule.

Mods should never carry out personal agendas with their moderation privileges. If you feel there is a conflict of interest report the post and a decision will be made on what the best course of action.

Yeah, we all do things wrong. You don't need to start a personal vendetta just because you don't like me posting here and an infraction is an extension of that. Come to think of it, our treatment of mangravy was in violation of the rules. That was one of the (in my opinion) best, and longest running jokes on this forum.

Let's just chill out. I have no beef with you, I just feel that you infracting me for what I did is not a good thing for anyone. It sets a precedent of it being tolerated and soon enough we won't even get people like mangravy on this forum because they are too afraid of the moderators to have some fun.

Soundcloud.com/BaronX

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image

#13 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

it was a one point infraction which is literally just a warning

considering it's OT and this was pretty much a one time thing that was based on the nature of this thread i don't think you really have to worry about receiving more infractions in the future, so i'm not sure why you'd let it bother you or try to carry on this argument
Posted Image

#14 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostReliuna, on 18 April 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

I assume that sentence was a reply to the quote "there are other people here that want to have fun" by bareblar03.

The whole post really but yeah it was at bareblar03

bk said:

Insight said:

#15 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

View Postbareblar03, on 18 April 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

a

i just want to point out that "a" is not a joke, it's more of a way of life - and it's been around for way longer than the spam filter has been
Posted Image

#16 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 18 April 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

The whole post really but yeah it was at bareblar03

Just felt more true to that particular part, considering you being you.
Posted Image

#17 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

Hope you realize this thread and the infractions contained here within are like the only things I've moderated in OT in almost a year?  You're taking this way too seriously.  The one person who always backs this is Emmune.  Things were a lot worse when other moderators frequented OT.  I'm not gonna name names, but I'm sure Emmune would if he caught this thread.

And all that aside, you do realize OT isn't RR, right?  OT is supposed to be moderated like the rest of the website sans RR.  However, between the 2 moderators that frequently browse OT (myself and Breadstick) and the 1 who browses more infrequently relative to us 2 (Pharaun), the 3 of us generally let this forum flow freeform.

Kelustu used to make this argument up and no one really ever understood it (that's where Emmune "has my back", in those threads).

bk said:

Insight said:

#18 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

View PostReliuna, on 18 April 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

Just felt more true to that particular part, considering you being you.

Dunno what this means

bk said:

Insight said:

#19 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

View PostBreadstick, on 18 April 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

it was a one point infraction which is literally just a warning

considering it's OT and this was pretty much a one time thing that was based on the nature of this thread i don't think you really have to worry about receiving more infractions in the future, so i'm not sure why you'd let it bother you or try to carry on this argument

I know it's nothing serious, it's more that I'm upset that Syke would infract me for expressing myself in a way he didn't approve of. I didn't break any rules.

I love this forum and I really did like the Moderation. Having you as a Moderator is great because you keep a level head and don't get upset at every post you deem trivial or inappropriate. I enjoyed Syke's posts before he got promoted and he was honestly one of my favorite posters behind you and that's about it. Now, no. I have literally nothing against Syke personally and I support him being a Moderator but jesus man, what happened?

I just want to forget this whole thing ever happened and let AJ be what it used to be. Get off your high horse and let other people have fun. I understand you guys are all good friends and most of AJOT's content is carryover from private Skype conversations but that doesn't mean that AJ is yours to control because things don't match the mood you intend.

View PostSykeasaurus, on 18 April 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

Hope you realize this thread and the infractions contained here within are like the only things I've moderated in OT in almost a year?  You're taking this way too seriously.  The one person who always backs this is Emmune.  Things were a lot worse when other moderators frequented OT.  I'm not gonna name names, but I'm sure Emmune would if he caught this thread.

And all that aside, you do realize OT isn't RR, right?  OT is supposed to be moderated like the rest of the website sans RR.  However, between the 2 moderators that frequently browse OT (myself and Breadstick) and the 1 who browses more infrequently relative to us 2 (Pharaun), the 3 of us generally let this forum flow freeform.

Kelustu used to make this argument up and no one really ever understood it (that's where Emmune "has my back", in those threads).

I don't want it to be Moderated that way, you don't have to delete a post just because you don't like its content personally. I support deleting posts which are overtly trolling but then we'd have a lot of members banned. Why does treeqt get away with "fuck off" every single time someone new posts?

I didn't break a rule and I don't think it was right of you to infract me, that's all. I don't want to keep this conversation going, let's just be men about it and remove it and forget the whole thing happened. You and I both know that if I went to the Adminstrators of this site about how much is let slide here we'd basically end up without an AJOT because you'd see more intervention on the part of people who actually want people to visit this site. AJOT has ads, AJOT makes Curse money.

Let's just drop it and forget this entire thing happened. Delete the thread, delete my posts, I don't care. I've got screenshots of it all anyway just in case you decide to ban me for speaking up.

Edited by bareblar03, 18 April 2013 - 03:32 AM.

Soundcloud.com/BaronX

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image

#20 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostBreadstick, on 18 April 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

considering it's OT and this was pretty much a one time thing

wanna link me ur moderator guidelines for when things are "a one time thing"?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<