• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 25 April 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

Having 3 different DR CCs means nothing in itself. You are conveniently leaving out the fact that the duration of all but 1 of the CCs are 4 seconds or less.

Fear or Poly by itself is 14 seconds of CC, without talking about the CC on different DRs that those classes have (like death/mortal coil, deep freeze, counter spells/silences, and disorient if fire).
hunter cc has been more reliable then mage cc since cataclysm, outside of pom ring last patch, but hunters consistently act like their cc is dogshit and if a healer ever gets cced once by a hunter then its the healers fault for being dogshit

Also the fact that two of the ccs are four seconds or less is insignificant when they are instant cast and unavoidable, getting polymorph to last 14 seconds requires 4.8 seconds of casting, and thats when the mage is left alone with no mindnumbing poison and no hunter pet hitting him for infinity damage while the hunter is on the otherside of the map not bothering to coordinate his cc with his partners and then whining on forums about how easily avoidable hunter cc is and how broken Mage polymorph is by comparison

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 25 April 2013 - 01:39 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#82 Milchev

Milchev
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 25 April 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

while the hunter is on the otherside of the map not bothering to coordinate his cc with his partners and then whining on forums about how easily avoidable hunter cc is and how broken Mage polymorph is by comparison

Lol'd, and also @Russet

View Postfant0m8, on 25 April 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

And that doesn't even get into the 20 yard range of scatter. Honestly most healers in this game have really shit positioning, and no awareness of where I'm at. If they were paying attention to me they could easily see when I need to trap and avoid it. The pet CC also has shit range. No sympathy for bad players.

Even if I stay max range on my druid a hunter would disengage in my face and scatter me at times. If i meld the scatter, I get pet stunned. And i speak behalf of all the healers, it's not like I'm asking to be cc'd every single game, so against comps like shadow priests, warlocks etc, I tend to stay max distance (obviously so I don't get cc'd and also to see if they're coming towards me for either a switch/cc to be prepared).. but then a hunter can just disengage into my face scatter > trap > silencing > pet stun, and that's what, 14 seconds of pretty much instant CC if my team is on the other side of the map? And you can do that every what is it, 30 seconds? So I get 15 seconds to hot up/top up my mates before getting CC'd by a HUNTER on his own again. And let's not start about KFC with a pally.. Fear>scatter trap silencing>hoj>blind/repentance>repeat.

You might as well pay for my membership as I'm not even playing my character.

#83 Leeston

Leeston
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

I really think the talent system is at fault here.  It gave too many specs access to crowd control that they did not have before.  
Example: I do not think that all mages should have access to presence of mind.

#84 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

I'm curious how many of these hunters bitching about their cc also play mages?  and vise versa.

Thread is oozing with bias.

Two classes with the most broken cc in the game (hunters and mages, apologies to rogues) arguing about which CC is dumber is like watching two one armed retards in a slap fighting contest.

#85 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Maybe I'm just spoiled but... Why is so hard for your partners to eat traps when you can't avoid them, I'm not saying every trap is eatable but most are and if nothing is going on at the time you might as well eat it so the other team doesn't gain any momentum against your team...

#86 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

View Postpyrellael_3428244, on 25 April 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Maybe I'm just spoiled but... Why is so hard for your partners to eat traps when you can't avoid them, I'm not saying every trap is eatable but most are and if nothing is going on at the time you might as well eat it so the other team doesn't gain any momentum against your team...
ahhhhh so thats what ive been doing wrong all this time, should have just been eating traps instead of complaining about them :) ty for advice!

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#87 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Remove the randomness of the DR reset timer and just increase it to a flat 20 seconds.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#88 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

View Postpyrellael_3428244, on 25 April 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

I play alot with a shadow priest thats also a friend of mine, the communication between us is nearly perfect but eating a trap for your healer aint a easy task as some might be saying.
I've seen many hunters scattering me and pet stunning my priest at the same time so the priest can't get my trap. Thats how dumb hunters are atm.
Posted Image

#89 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostFlabbert, on 26 April 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

I play alot with a shadow priest thats also a friend of mine, the communication between us is nearly perfect but eating a trap for your healer aint a easy task as some might be saying.
I've seen many hunters scattering me and pet stunning my priest at the same time so the priest can't get my trap. Thats how dumb hunters are atm.

and remove that retarded phyisical snare bullshit
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#90 Aniroxlol

Aniroxlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1858
  • 3v3: 2007
  • RBG: 1923

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yeah the CC is definitely getting ridiculous, godcomp and mld for example

#91 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2026
  • 3v3: 2348
  • RBG: 960

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostAniroxlol, on 26 April 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Yeah the CC is definitely getting ridiculous, godcomp and mld for example

:rogue: :rogue: :rogue:   B)

#92 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostMilchev, on 25 April 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Even if I stay max range on my druid a hunter would disengage in my face and scatter me at times.

So tell your teammates to get on him! It's not like Hunters are amazing defensively. If he's using his mobility cooldowns to go even deeper into your base, switch and shit on him.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#93 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 25 April 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Also the fact that two of the ccs are four seconds or less is insignificant when they are instant cast and unavoidable, getting polymorph to last 14 seconds requires 4.8 seconds of casting, and thats when the mage is left alone with no mindnumbing poison and no hunter pet hitting him for infinity damage while the hunter is on the otherside of the map not bothering to coordinate his cc with his partners and then whining on forums about how easily avoidable hunter cc is and how broken Mage polymorph is by comparison

Mages have plenty of ways to instant CC too.

And nothing I said was from a BM perspective, I've played about 20 games of BM in the last 6 years. BM is getting nerfed significantly next patch, it shouldn't be a problem.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#94 frigidclam

frigidclam
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

View PostMilchev, on 25 April 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Lol'd, and also @Russet

Even if I stay max range on my druid a hunter would disengage in my face and scatter me at times. If i meld the scatter, I get pet stunned. And i speak behalf of all the healers, it's not like I'm asking to be cc'd every single game, so against comps like shadow priests, warlocks etc, I tend to stay max distance (obviously so I don't get cc'd and also to see if they're coming towards me for either a switch/cc to be prepared).. but then a hunter can just disengage into my face scatter > trap > silencing > pet stun, and that's what, 14 seconds of pretty much instant CC if my team is on the other side of the map? And you can do that every what is it, 30 seconds? So I get 15 seconds to hot up/top up my mates before getting CC'd by a HUNTER on his own again. And let's not start about KFC with a pally.. Fear>scatter trap silencing>hoj>blind/repentance>repeat.

You might as well pay for my membership as I'm not even playing my character.

If your team lets a hunter disengage to you and throw all his CC into you then you guys are doing it wrong sorry.

People in this forum who complain about hunter CC must have some down syndrome teammates. 90% of teams just to land a trap you have to wrap one dps and silence the spirest then it just gets MDed after 3 seconds anyway. If i have to CC your whole team to land 1 trap then I'm pretty sure i deserve it. The part that most of you are forgetting is if i mess up 1 cc on your team or get feared or stunned in the middle of it and my trap gets wasted i have to wait 30 seconds to try it again. Hunters cant just spam sheep or spam fear or spam cyclone, if any of these gets grounded or pummeled or LOSed hey no big deal just do it again.

On that subject of that i think CC that is grounded/reflected should count towards a DR. Its shitty when you reflect a sheep on a mage just to have it get broken by your bleeds and he just cast it again full duration.

#95 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

this is how cc makes me feel:
Posted Image

#96 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

View Postfrigidclam, on 28 April 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

If i have to CC your whole team to land 1 trap

Thanks for summing up the whole problem. And that every 30s woop woop.
Posted Image

#97 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostFlabbert, on 28 April 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Thanks for summing up the whole problem. And that every 30s woop woop.

Do you want Hunters to be a ranged Warrior or something?

You act like other casters can't CC the entire enemy team. And for longer duration too.

#98 Eminemqt

Eminemqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/2/1/0

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

playing ret/hunter/x and our CC is extremely OP especially hoj then trap because it is literally impossible to be taken if you get it perfectly which isnt hard and if there is a spriest np pet stun if he trink np pet stun but its DR loljk silence shot and plus ret kick and BE silence (of course this is a bit exaggerated) the only comp which is a bitch is ele/spriest/x with MD as well as grounding but yeah hunter CC needs to definitely get nerfed for sure

#99 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Not sure if it's been said already since I didn't read whole thread, but there's also an issue if a lot of CC is removed, and that is the strength of heals.  If you simply remove/reduce CC in arena, there will be more never-ending games as well.  The CC seems almost necessary (with given exceptions) to land kills with most match ups, and even with the amount of CC in the game there are often times many never-ending games even still, albeit pretty rare.  

Of course, CC from wizards are usually the cause of never-ending games as well so reducing CC might actually help games not drag on forever too but it's a hard balance.

I'm all for reducing the amount of CC in arena (it's pretty out of control all around), as long as blizzard is prepared to deal with potentially too-high healing values with the reduction of CC.

BM is pretty mandatory to play as a hunter BECAUSE of all the CC in the game.  If there was less endless CC I'd love to play MM.

#100 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • LocationGAINZville, the Gym

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostTosan, on 29 April 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Not sure if it's been said already since I didn't read whole thread, but there's also an issue if a lot of CC is removed, and that is the strength of heals.  If you simply remove/reduce CC in arena, there will be more never-ending games as well.  The CC seems almost necessary (with given exceptions) to land kills with most match ups, and even with the amount of CC in the game there are often times many never-ending games even still, albeit pretty rare.  

Of course, CC from wizards are usually the cause of never-ending games as well so reducing CC might actually help games not drag on forever too but it's a hard balance.

I'm all for reducing the amount of CC in arena (it's pretty out of control all around), as long as blizzard is prepared to deal with potentially too-high healing values with the reduction of CC.

BM is pretty mandatory to play as a hunter BECAUSE of all the CC in the game.  If there was less endless CC I'd love to play MM.

ummm have you seen the burst damage in the game right now?

all you need is a 3 second silence on a healer and you can kill their partner if everything is lined up

in a game of burst damage you have to have burst healing, never ending games is caused by never ending cc, not heals.

lower damage of every single class and sure then you can lower healing, but then you potentially just have bc again with double healers every game. I think healing is fine right now tbh besides shaman, you let them cast once when they are at 5% they get topped off if it crits, which is just because shaman mastery is retarded as fuck.

Edited by CreepStatus, 29 April 2013 - 11:58 PM.

Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014/
the best playlist ever-https://www.youtube....FVT_S-TjfEu-GC2
NEW: best playlist ever 2- http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz
twitch.tv/bornlol
youtube.com/bornlolwins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<