CC in arenas

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostPawzz, on 18 April 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

I have been watching some streams lately, and most of the games the players sit in CC most of the game. 2x fear into cyclone into bash, then you try to catch up with the target and you are feared 2x again, sending you to the end of the arena. You get the point.
With the amount of burst and overall damage going on this is game breaking.
Thugcleave openers for example, there is no way you can cast for the first 20 seconds of a game, garrot, cheapshot, silencing shot, stun, kindney and maybe a fear to follow it up, while trying to fake the rogue kick.

I just want to know your opinion on the topic, is there too much cc or is it ok? What should be changed?
Everyone has been complaining about too much CC since Cataclysm! Even on the general forums everyone's like "i can't control my characters in BG's either!!"

Players are too overpowered in the environment (PvE) which translates to horrible PvP (burst, cc, everything.) In vanilla and bc you could actually DIE leveling in the world because your character wasn't a super saiyan. Now everyone is a super saiyan so all the overpowered stuff goes into PvP (self-healing, crazy damage, so many outs... dks) etc

For example, in bc a paladin had a HoJ which he or she could use it offensively to get a kill, defensively to save himself, prevent a spell, peel an opponent from his partner. Or a hunter could trap you, scatter you, or stun you (if bm.)

Each class had very little CC which made the games based more on skillful management than spamming and waiting for CC to come up so you can burst.

#42 moojerk

moojerk
  • Premium Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2076

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

I had an epiphany the other day.  I enjoy playing my resto sham more than my druid this season, because my resto sham is less susceptible to CC because of things like shear, grounding, and tremor.

#43 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Also the uniqueness of CC was important because classes focused more on what they could do with one ability (like vanish.)
You could vanish a spell, you could vanish to sap, you could vanish to raise your stealth level, you could vanish to avoid a blind, you could vanish to get back into stealth, you could do so many things.
Now you have abilities you have to spam and keep up (feint, slice and dice, a bleed, etc.)
And CC was a lot more avoidable (hunters can shoot traps, ring of frost, blah blah blah)
Even with blind, you COULDN'T blind a target which had dots on it. You had to wait and coordinate.

#44 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

I think the pvp trinket needs to change. It's stronger against teams with limited CC and weaker against teams with excessive CC, which is backwards IMO.
Vadren#1175

#45 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

View PostVadren, on 19 April 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

I think the pvp trinket needs to change. It's stronger against teams with limited CC and weaker against teams with excessive CC, which is backwards IMO.

Fantastic point,

When a healer trinkets, if I'm running with a rogue, blind + sap is most likely coming.  If I'm rdruid+2xdps I'm NS cloning w/ another clone for guaranteed 9 sec lockout.

Someone mentioned it a few months ago and i thought it was a great idea but put a cc immunity on after using trinket, 8 or 10 sec.

#46 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

View Postmoojerk, on 19 April 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

I had an epiphany the other day.  I enjoy playing my resto sham more than my druid this season, because my resto sham is less susceptible to CC because of things like shear, grounding, and tremor.

It is annoying to play a resto druid because you have to cc to prevent from being CCed.

We also LOST cc from 5.1 to 5.2 with displacer beast change.

#47 samuser1234

samuser1234
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination 2/0/1/1/2/1
  • RBG: 958

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

View PostHackattack3, on 19 April 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

Someone mentioned it a few months ago and i thought it was a great idea but put a cc immunity on after using trinket, 8 or 10 sec.

Annnnnd triple DPS is back
#1 rogue trip deepz USA, u mad bro?

#48 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

Care to elaborate how this would benefit triple dps?

#49 samuser1234

samuser1234
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination 2/0/1/1/2/1
  • RBG: 958

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostHackattack3, on 19 April 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

Care to elaborate how this would benefit triple dps?

Wana play against 3 DPS who can't be peeled with all their CDs up?

Like... .3 dancing rogues with Sblades?

Hope you have bubble.
#1 rogue trip deepz USA, u mad bro?

#50 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

I do think cc in arena needs to get toned down abit, maby its as easy as removing the 3rd DR.

Any CC nerf is a good nerf!
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#51 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

I find CC fine, the only issue tho is the length that a single player can CC for. It should be a team affort to CC the enemy healer or w/e and score the kill.

You make it sound like it's absolutely impossible to win vs thug, how come they aren't the only ones on the ladders, then? It's an extremely strong comp without a doubt, and it requires the enemy team to be spot on with CC.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#52 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

I'm pretty sure someone posted about this before, but wouldnt it be a good idea to have

"Melee DR"
"Caster DR"
"Healer DR"

This will promote Melee/Caster/Healer comps (which is nothing but a good thing).

Edit: Hunter counts as melee.

Edited by Hyuru, 19 April 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#53 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

The problem is Huntards and mindnumb/necrotic
dispel cd too should be  4 secs

Edited by Coldizzle, 19 April 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#54 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostHyuru, on 19 April 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure someone posted about this before, but wouldnt it be a good idea to have

"Melee DR"
"Caster DR"
"Healer DR"

This will promote Melee/Caster/Healer comps (which is nothing but a good thing).

Edit: Hunter counts as melee.

I think this is the best idea in the thread yet.  DR system is also a lot of information to remember for new players...just another barrier to getting new people into arena.

Edit: I doubt blizzard will ever do this, because they don't want to restrict comps this much.

Edited by ardnut, 19 April 2013 - 07:37 AM.

* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#55 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

You can't really talk about CC on it's own anyways. If anything had to change, it'd be a serie of things. If CC was to be nerfed, you'd have to tune down immunities/extra class trinkets, and so would healers' throughput along with damage/burst. It's a delicate balance which is quite tough to execute properly.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#56 Eazymothafukne

Eazymothafukne
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1988
  • 3v3: 2604
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 957

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

I think there is way too much CC the game also with the amount of burst in the game I cannot play the game for around 30+ seconds vs spell cleaves or as a hpala vs thug cleave ect. The CC would not be THAT bad if the game was not so fucking bursty like someone can die in a deep with a blank CS on a healer just from instants..
http://i.imgur.com/L60huZm.png
150k Shield slam avatar crit. ^

Real gamers unite

#57 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

There's far to much CC in the game for it to be fun, the current amount works if you got as many dumbass burst CDs because you need to CC people with swifty macros. But if the game was actually about draining mana and outplaying people it would be far to much CC.

I hope they remove some blanket silences and stuns or I don't think PvP in this game can ever be really fun again. Not playing your character for half the arena game isn't fun - it's just really frustrating.

#58 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

I still think that a good fix would be to implement a mechanic where any CC applied to you WHILE YOU ARE CASTING, including stuns, has its duration reduced by 50%. Think about it. Encourages casters to cast (even if it lowers their damage), reinvigorates the interrupt/juke metagame which has become a joke, and encourages the timely use of stuns and blankets, instead of just using everything one after the other.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#59 Mbgz

Mbgz
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2097

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

there is to much Defualt CC, by defualt i mean CC you basically cant avoid.

such as most of hunters cc these days. play against a common hunter Setup like Ret hunter Disc.

no matter how well you play, you will always sit in 4sec scatter, 3 sec silence, potential 8 sec trap, 6 sec ret paladin stun,

so that is a total of  13(+8) seconds of defualt CC every 30 seconds that every mongo can pull off, add in the 8 seconds trap and its insanety.

and even here you can add in a fear or another dr'ed stun/scatter most of the time, but getting a fear/trap can be avoided so i choose not to include them.

Edited by Mbgz, 19 April 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#60 Joqi

Joqi
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/1/1

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

They should add something like when a Mage sheeps me or a Rogue stuns me when im immune due to DRs, the DR timer should start count from 1 again. So if the enemy fail at tracking DRs they give the target another ~18sec? immunity. What do you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<