Warrior Guide

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Stastro

Stastro
  • Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostSkilledrngg, on 06 December 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Honestly, there isn't really a need for a 5.4 guide. The majority of this content is still very relevant, except Warriors have even more utility. Bladestorm received a buff (making it more viable for damage now), but most warriors seem to be running the double-stun at high-end. It's incredibly powerful, especially with KFC or WMD.

From what I read, a bunch of stuff is outdated. I looked at the top 50 ranked Arms Warriors and only a few took Avatar, none took Safeguard and every one of them took Mass Spell Reflect. So naturally I'm thinking this guide is a bit out of date.

#22 Kaliope

Kaliope
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

Safeguard is neccesery after last nerf

#23 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

Hey guys, just got some more time to work on this since coming back to the game.  Put in a few edits from what I've found out since coming back.  Will have more updates possibly later.

#24 pr1mus

pr1mus
  • Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

One question:

Do we still use StanceDance Macros? This Macro is from the first post. How can I change it, so that it equips a OneHand+Shield?

#showtooltip Shield Wall
/cast Shield Wall
/cast Defensive Stance
/use Healthstone

What should be the best "Attack/Skill" to switch back from Def to normal Stance? (btw. what's the normal Stance for PvP? Not Berzerk or?)

#25 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

View Postpr1mus, on 21 January 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

One question:

Do we still use StanceDance Macros? This Macro is from the first post. How can I change it, so that it equips a OneHand+Shield?

#showtooltip Shield Wall
/cast Shield Wall
/cast Defensive Stance
/use Healthstone

What should be the best "Attack/Skill" to switch back from Def to normal Stance? (btw. what's the normal Stance for PvP? Not Berzerk or?)

To answer the first part, since patch 5.4 there is no need for a sword and shield anymore so you don't have to worry about that.  Personally I only put defensive stance in that macro because chances are if I'm shield walling I will want to be in defensive stance for the extra 25% damage reduction.  

The two stances you want to use are battle stance and defensive stance.  You should be in defensive stance when you think you will get swapped to or trained the whole game.  If your partner is getting hit or whatever you should be in battle stance so you can output the maximum amount of damage possible because you will have more rage.  Berserker stance is basically useless from what I can tell just take it off your bars.

I don't recommend macroing stances into abilities but rather binding them to buttons easy to hit.  Mine are personally alt-1 for battle stance and alt-2 for defensive stance as they are easy to hit for me.

#26 pr1mus

pr1mus
  • Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

Hey :)

Thanks a lot. Didn't know about the Shield+Sword thing ;D Stopped playing for ~5 Months and started 2 Weeks ago.

Ok, my 2n2 Team issn't a really strong Setup (Moonkin+Warri) but I think, this should work Enough ;D At least, we made 7 wins yesterday with full PvE Gear against Fully Geared PvP Teams...ok, we played about 30 Games, but this doesn't matter xD WE WON WITH PVE GEAR and it was fun, to kill DKs, while equipped with full PvE Tank Gear and Spec (didn't change anything yesterday, just playing around).

Thanks for the Infos on the Stances, I'll have to try this

#27 Chipperfield

Chipperfield
  • Chipperfield
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Demonology 2/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

nice guide
Posted Image

#28 Complex

Complex
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

Appreciate this guide, cheers.

#29 shunke

shunke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1760
  • 3v3: 2095
  • RBG: 957

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

Not wanna say anything bad.. its really good that players do guides but, it feels like ppl copy paste the tooltip when they introduce the talent.

Other stuff is really good (macros interface and comps).

I really hope you update the comp section even more :)
:warrior: :hunter: :shaman:
:warrior: :mage: :druid:  
:warrior: :warlock: :shaman:
:warrior: :deathknight: :shaman:
:warrior: :druid: :shaman:
:warrior: :priest: :shaman:
:duckers: :heart: :heart:

#30 ashley1983

ashley1983
  • Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:09 AM

hi new to making macros but was just wondering if i could macro hamstring disarm and suder armor so i only have to click once any help would be aprreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<