High latency:Least punishing class

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shastha

Shastha
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hi,

In short:- Class that can be played ping around 180-220 ms the best.

I have been a AJ reader for long, but have never posted here. I have comeback to WoW after a major break and have never pvp'd. I have played in hardcore pve guilds before peaked at a guild that was ranked 192 world wide back then.

So that's my wow experience and this time around i have come back i am looking forward to pvp (arena mainly/RBG occasionally too) and typically i play in a latency avg @200. I live (physical location) quiet far away from the server hence i get this latency. This latency is after Leatrix (registry fix) and tunneling service too.

I know that latency plays a major part in pvp and with this latency which class do u think i should pick in order to pvp. I mean which class do you think will least be a obstruction for me to be successful in pvp.

TBH I don't like to play healers and casters (prefer melee clases or hunter as ranged option) in general . But i know beggars cannot be choosers so I would play any class whose play style  would be affected least by latency. Even if the class is not beginner friendly I am ready to to out time into it provided it would be the best option.

I am not looking FOTM classes, but just for a class (with 2 specs at least, in case if one spec gets nerfed the other one is still an option) that i can do well with that latency.

Thank you very much.

Edit: Spelling

#2 bouncyballs

bouncyballs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 2/1/2/0/1/0

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

I would say mage, warlock or hunter. They are all ranged classes, don't cast very much if at all, have blanket silences, and good all around damage. I would say avoid being a melee. Having high ms is awful as melee, also anyone that has a kick is probably not for you either, its very difficult to not get faked because of high MS, you basically have to prekick. Also staying in range to melee is an issue.

#3 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Anything but a melee class, IMO.

#4 Shastha

Shastha
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Is hunter also a good class  .... coz then I am thinking of picking it up as i have a 85 hunter that i can level it to 90 ....

#5 bouncyballs

bouncyballs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 2/1/2/0/1/0

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostSe7enshot, on 17 April 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Is hunter also a good class  .... coz then I am thinking of picking it up as i have a 85 hunter that i can level it to 90 ....

Yes hunter is incredibly good.

#6 Gekz

Gekz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2399
  • 3v3: 2829
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

I can tell you definitely not priest, you'll get pissed every time you fear on top of someone and it doesn't land.

#7 Shastha

Shastha
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

Will i have issues with scatter trapping, flame trap push back, web-jump- disengage and stuff like that (from a hunter play style perspective), i dunno what else could be affected because i haven't played my hunter extensively ...

#8 Shastha

Shastha
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

final bump ... before picking hunter ... anymore suggestions?

#9 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

I would say hunter is your best choice, but if you really want to play melee I would choose either ret or dk since they have the most ranged abilities of all the melee classes.

Edited by Synkz, 19 April 2013 - 02:19 AM.

#10 Shastha

Shastha
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Thanks a lot to u all for the help. I think I will give it a go with hunter and DK (secondary, I love melee). cheers :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<