• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostMitoo, on 12 May 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

Well you made this thread to complain about 1v1 mage vs rogue, it says so in your first post?

Are you saying that as a mage you have a problem in 3v3?

Never once did i mention a 1v1. go back and reread it.  All i said was the ability to Garrote Cheap almost every opener was ignorant. L2 to comprehend simple english

#62 Enyalius

Enyalius
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/1
  • LocationNORWAY YO

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostPawzz, on 17 April 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

I think PoM is the preferable choice to use in almost any setup.

Not rly, no.

/^^^^^^\

<(õ_õ)>

./|\.

/\

#63 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

View Postaugiddin, on 12 May 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

I think you forgot premed??
premed is used to get snd running.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#64 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostChristymarie, on 12 May 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Not only is it annoying, it's just low skill cap. When my partner is taking damage i should be able to peel for him and i cant peel an invisible entity. the ability is dumb and makes the rogue class dumb.

make adjustments on the opener.  cc the other player, then the rogue is doing no damage because all he's doing is holding the person in place and silencing them.

of course being invisible for 3 seconds is stupid,  but its not changing at the moment, so make adjustments and move on until it gets fixed.

#65 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Don't you just hate it when you get deeped at 100% everytime and always die during it i mean it just so stupid
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#66 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostGambino6, on 12 May 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

Don't you just hate it when you get deeped at 100% everytime and always die during it i mean it just so stupid

Don't u just hate when people make stupid comments because their partners don't peel. Ohh wait ur partners were CCd so they couldn't peel and you had no CDs so you died??? QQ for getting outplayed kid.

Subterfuge you die to someone who is unseen there for unCCable with the exception of a nova but wait their target is stunned so they are still in melee range...

OK im ready for the next stupid comment.

#67 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

Suberterfuge
rip dictionary
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#68 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

View PostHyuru, on 18 April 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

I can't believe people complain about a rogue doing a lot of dmg when they pop literally all their offensive cds, when all you have to do is block the dmg. Comments like "I'm already at 25 before I even get to block" is fucking retarded, either your brain got like a 5 second delay or you're just making up excuses.

Mages got as much burst as a rogue every minute with frozen orb and trinket. If you lose to a rogue in a 1v1 situation you should uninstall the game. (unless the rogue literally pops every cd incl prep, which he will never do in an arena situation- but even if he does that there's still a high chance of winning).

For starters this topic should be in the rouge section because subterfuge is just retarded especially with cloak and dagger.

Unless you are using specific addons there is no indication if they have used their cd's or not apart from how quick your health is dropping.

You should try being an ele shaman, rogues will literally 100-0 in an opener. Can't thunderstorm cause of cloak and dagger straight back that's if your not garrotte silenced anyway... Jokes can't Sham rage either...  Then dance straight after then if they haven't killed you by then they can cloak. Throw in a bomb and a hunter and its gg...

Not saying this problem is limited to ele shamans (rouges need to be fixed) but at least you mages have it good with 2 blocks...

And if your not using your cd's in a opener as a rogue your doing it wrong...

Edited by Nerfmytotems, 13 May 2013 - 01:29 AM.

#69 Doomnatrah

Doomnatrah
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1341

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

i just want to comment on this.

So mages are complaining that rogues can combo silence and stun to counter mage defensives?

How about mages using blanket cs and deep to counter healer dispel or counter defensive cooldowns?

I think in both situations it's dumb, however your arguements have no teeth when you as mages are consistantly doing the same thing that rogues are doing to you that you do to others.  Holy Paladin vs Mage anyone?  You have no room to complain in this capacity.

If the outrage is that classes can overlap a stun and silence to prevent the use of defensive cooldowns i think most will agree. But singling out one class and being ignorant to your own isnt going to work.

#70 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostDoomnatrah, on 13 May 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

i just want to comment on this.

So mages are complaining that rogues can combo silence and stun to counter mage defensives?

How about mages using blanket cs and deep to counter healer dispel or counter defensive cooldowns?

I think in both situations it's dumb, however your arguements have no teeth when you as mages are consistantly doing the same thing that rogues are doing to you that you do to others.  Holy Paladin vs Mage anyone?  You have no room to complain in this capacity.

If the outrage is that classes can overlap a stun and silence to prevent the use of defensive cooldowns i think most will agree. But singling out one class and being ignorant to your own isnt going to work.

No the whole point of this was that the one thing that made mages great vs rogues.. ie our ability to blink stuns. it was taken away during openers and re openers. during dance this could always happen, but it was not nearly as often as it is now.

Edited by Christymarie, 13 May 2013 - 05:46 AM.

#71 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostChristymarie, on 13 May 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

No the whole point of this was that the one thing that made mages great vs rogues.. ie our ability to blink stuns. it was taken away during openers and re openers. during dance this could always happen, but not nearly as often as it is now.

#72 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostNerfmytotems, on 13 May 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

For starters this topic should be in the rouge section because subterfuge is just retarded especially with cloak and dagger.

Unless you are using specific addons there is no indication if they have used their cd's or not apart from how quick your health is dropping.

You should try being an ele shaman, rogues will literally 100-0 in an opener. Can't thunderstorm cause of cloak and dagger straight back that's if your not garrotte silenced anyway... Jokes can't Sham rage either...  Then dance straight after then if they haven't killed you by then they can cloak. Throw in a bomb and a hunter and its gg...

Not saying this problem is limited to ele shamans (rouges need to be fixed) but at least you mages have it good with 2 blocks...

And if your not using your cd's in a opener as a rogue your doing it wrong...

Ya, my reply was more about mages complaining about rogues beeing retarded, not rogues NOT beeing retarded, because they are.

#73 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostChristymarie, on 13 May 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

No the whole point of this was that the one thing that made mages great vs rogues.. ie our ability to blink stuns. it was taken away during openers and re openers. during dance this could always happen, but it was not nearly as often as it is now.

you do realize that...things change right???

#74 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 13 May 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

you do realize that...things change right???

Yes i do. Change is good. This change was not, so i made a post about it.

The ability is low skill cap.

I feel like this post that i made was wrong and i shouldn't have singled out this ability or against mages in particular.

I made a new one and went way broader to open a better discussion for the community. http://www.arenajunk...-cap-abilities/

Edited by Christymarie, 13 May 2013 - 06:43 AM.

#75 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

you sir need to get out more
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel