• Curse Sites
Help

How to change reflect in a desirable way?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Crankyboern

Crankyboern
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2165

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Edit: its @ Bouncy - Braindance was too fast

I dont think so.
You just came here saying everything we said was bulshit and between the lines it was a kind of l2p post.

reread what you postet!

on a sidenote back in my days we got spell reflect juked... or not - mindgame :-)

loved it.

Edited by Crankyboern, 17 April 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#22 bouncyballs

bouncyballs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 2/1/2/0/1/0

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

I would assume you are talking about my second post

"Why should we be forced to be aware of what is happening in the game? We are warriors!

But for real if you have problems with pets consuming your spell reflect and your spell reflect not reflecting player abilities you are playing wrong or getting outplayed by your opponent. Simple as that. "

It is a learn to play post. If you are having problems with it you need to practice more.
If a mage fake casts your spell reflect and his pet consumes it, he should be rewarded because he just outplayed you.
If you spell reflect so early that a pet ability gets reflected and you sit there like a dullard and get pounded because you used your ability too early then you should be punished.

The fact of the matter is, use your spell reflect later in their spells and you wont have problems 99% of the time.

All pet abilities have travel time which allows for a nice window for you to pop your spell reflect if they time their abilities around their pets casts to reflect both the pets casts and the casters spell.

For instance, I'm going to make this simple, say a travel time on a pets ability is .2 seconds, that gives you a .2 second window to reflect on the opponents spells. so you should reflect when the cast has .2 seconds left. The further away you are, the longer the travel time, so just try to position yourself better if you are having other troubles. Also if you are that close to pets, you are probably close to the caster, so you should probably just interupt them rather than trying to reflect in their face. Unless they have aura mastery, in that case you need to use one of the other abilities we have such as shockwave, charge or maybe even LoS.

Spell Reflect shouldn't be an ability that is super easy to use. It is one of the more skilled aspects of playing a warrior, and there aren't that many of those for the warrior class.

#23 Crankyboern

Crankyboern
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2165

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

i give up. you do not get what i wanted to say.

bye

#24 bouncyballs

bouncyballs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 2/1/2/0/1/0

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostCrankyboern, on 17 April 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

i give up. you do not get what i wanted to say.

bye

I think I do get what you are trying to say.

Atleast the way I read it, I think you are trying to say that you think spell reflect required skill still back in the day because of the whol juking etc.
Yes, it did require skill, but it comes down to the fact that it wasn't very much. And it required our opponents to be 100% more aware than we had to be because it was on such a short cooldown.
It was fun back in the day, but it just doesnt work the same way with the state the game is in now.

You can still have mindgames with people but just less frequently.

If I am still wrong please clarify what you were wanting to say because I guess I don't know.

#25 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1850
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2242
  • RBG: 2405

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Make reflect reflect spells for atleast 2 seconds after the first spell gets reflected. Shortening the cooldown by maybe only 5 sec might also do it. Or let it provide the warrior some additional spell dmg reduction for 5 seconds. (Raise your shield, reflecting the next spell cast on you.  And reduces magic damage taken by 20% Lasts 5 sec.)
Posted Image

#26 hoodrych

hoodrych
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

No one ever complained or had an issue with spell reflect in arena back in WOTLK. I'd say 10s would be too low for today's game but 20s baseline and 15s glyphed sounds very reasonable. The problem with giving it multiple charges is that it becomes an ability you use to live\spam whenever it's up, and forces casters to deal with the annoyingness of going through 2 spells. Some might argue this gives you time to live, while true, it also forces you to sit with a 1h/shield longer and changes the reactiveness of the ability. 99% of the time when reflecting you swap to a 2h the next global and let travel time do the work, as long as you have the buff when the spell ends, it works.

Spell Reflect is unique in that it is one of the only abilities that requires weapon swapping, it's heavily ping dependent, it causes you to lose all 2h damage and swing timer as well. You never just reflect and immediately do massive damage after. It literally just was never an issue. Spell Reflect is the kind of unique utility that we need to add some skill back into the class. Right now it's hitting 2+ targets with Shockwave every 40s and then fill in a damage rotation.

#27 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

View Posthoodrych, on 18 April 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

No one ever complained or had an issue with spell reflect in arena back in WOTLK.

Didn't reflect cost 2 globals in wrath since weapon switching was considered a gcd?  Also it cost rage back in wotlk, doesn't anymore.

#28 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

View Postkazuhmeer, on 18 April 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

Didn't reflect cost 2 globals in wrath since weapon switching was considered a gcd?  Also it cost rage back in wotlk, doesn't anymore.
Weapon switching renewed the global cooldown's cooldown, but reflect was not on gcd so it didn't affect you unless you swapped back to 2 hand.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#29 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

Do any of you guys use Veevs addon to show you what you have reflected.  More often than not I usually reflect something from the pet and the cast I'm trying to get.  It very rarely happens where I just get the pet.  Spell reflecting is the difference between life and death vs comps like godcomp and you need it every 30 seconds.  So being 25 seconds CD is fine, but it would just be nice to be able to use a skillful ability more often.  Reflecting a deep is one of the few things that gets me excited nowadays in arena.

Here is the addon just in case you have never seen it.
SpellNotifications – An addon I wrote for myself that displays spell misses, successful interrupts, dispels, and removes (Veevs description)
http://www.veevsvaul...sources/addons/

Edit: If it's one thing my wife has taught me it is nagging works.  Hoodrych Please stream again! :)

Edited by ardnut, 18 April 2013 - 07:36 AM.

* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#30 Uskolol

Uskolol
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Saurfang
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

If you want something to be change, then do something about it (go tweet), sure blizzard are readings forums

#31 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

I think it would make a lot of sense to make it 2 seconds duration, require no shield, have a 20-25 sec cd and possibly charges. That way you'll penalize yourself if you spam it 2x in a row to survive and you'll feel more inclined to use other things to survive and reflect to.. well, Reflect.
Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.
Peace Heaumes, yoloOnce ;-) :$

#32 Tfgreenacre_3240035

Tfgreenacre_3240035
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 2/1/2/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2411

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

I think the issue for me is more the fact some classes (mages) maybe need to cast 1, or 2 at most, spells and the rest of it is instant stuff. In previous expansions, they had to cast a lot more and 10s reflect was obviously too strong then, i think 15s CD without glyph, and glyph changed in some way / removed, or 20 sec CD and 15 with glyph is best as others have mentioned.

The change to it not being consumed by pets is just a quality of life increase, it doesn't reduce our skillcap or make the class easier in any way imo, most warriors will put up reflect at the very last second of a cast anyway and swap back to a 2h immediatley as hoodrych mentioned, so it would reflect the cyclone you wanted, and not the random water elemental bolt.

#33 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostBraindance, on 17 April 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

3) I play in glad rating ranges every season from s1 up to now. The reason I don't have multiple helms on my account is not that I am a bad player, but it mostly has to do with politics and the fact that I prefer to keep my dignity and integrity instead of attaching a pixelated title above my character's name. Even rivals can get glad if they have connections.
4) You have a highest rating of 2485. My highest 3s rating is 2761. So don't be offended, but you are not quite qualified to rating bash me yet.
ex dee

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#34 myrrhman

myrrhman
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/1/1/0

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

won't even notice the reflect change, but the change is just what it always should've been anyway. reflect should have a lower cd, make overpower cost 0 rage, keep dstance at 15%, take cd off stance changes, warriors are fine again.

#35 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

10s reflect without a rage cost? yeah buddy
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#36 Usingg

Usingg
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2324
  • 3v3: 1987
  • 5v5: 1056
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

15 seconds, leave it how it is, with the current 5.3 change.

It would be perfect then.

I don't want it to change to usable without a shield, because that makes no sense, and it's catering to the bads.

Remove the HP loss while switching weapons for warriors though.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#37 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

So why do you keep removing my posts? I understand its hard for you to grasp it but warriors having a 10 second SR will never happen despite what all the top warrior monkeys tell you. I'm giving you the facts to why it will never happen. You shouldn't disregard Everyone else because there not some top player like you have been saying to bouncy.

#38 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostStructural, on 19 April 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

So why do you keep removing my posts? I understand its hard for you to grasp it but warriors having a 10 second SR will never happen despite what all the top warrior monkeys tell you. I'm giving you the facts to why it will never happen. You shouldn't disregard Everyone else because there not some top player like you have been saying to bouncy.
Who are you referring to?

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<