• Curse Sites
Help

How to change reflect in a desirable way?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Crankyboern

Crankyboern
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2165

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Hey folks,

I am curious of your opinions:

As far as i know reflect got nerfed due to being OP in rbg as a mass reflect for a 10-man Raid.
(Not 100% sure about that as i wasnt really active back then..)

Why dont we just add the 25 second cooldown penalty to mass spell reflect?

This way your single reflect can be 10 second as it used to be and the Mass reflect will be 25 sec. cooldown.

And lets be honest nobody ever thought that reflect was op in arenas.
I think reflect is one of our fun abilities.

I also imagine those mindgames to be fun for our oponents.

What do you think?

#2 Rekkiem

Rekkiem
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2404

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Biggest quality of life change would be to remove the sword and shield requirement, but I can't see that going through. Personally I'd rather see either a 3 second reflect (similar to mirrored blades deterrence), or two charges that accumulate similar to double time or roll.

10 second cooldown is far too low. I have bad memories of trying to do anything to warriors when it was that low (though as a warrior it was much much more fun to play).
pushing it to the limit since 1985
:druid::priest::rogue:

#3 Mbgz

Mbgz
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2097

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

10 sec reflect would be over the top atm i think.

#4 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostCrankyboern, on 17 April 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

And lets be honest nobody ever thought that reflect was op in arenas.
I think reflect is one of our fun abilities.

wait what? when reflect was that low before casters lost their shit because they couldnt do anything against a warrior.. lets not got there again.

oh and nerf mages.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#5 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostRekkiem, on 17 April 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Biggest quality of life change would be to remove the sword and shield requirement, but I can't see that going through. Personally I'd rather see either a 3 second reflect (similar to mirrored blades deterrence), or two charges that accumulate similar to double time or roll.

10 second cooldown is far too low. I have bad memories of trying to do anything to warriors when it was that low (though as a warrior it was much much more fun to play).

Wow... Those are really good ideas. You get a cookie, sir.

Pretty much what this guy said, though. I don't really care about the sword and board, but just turning it into something a bit more reliable/consistent would be awesome(the pet change is meh/won't really be noticed). Having SR just reflect spells for ~2-3sec/a few charges, or making it build up to multiple uses would be amazing(so it would work like double time).
Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#6 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

just need a little buff

20 seconds > 15 with glyph

#7 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Postdionim, on 17 April 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

just need a little buff

20 seconds > 15 with glyph

I agree
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#8 Crankyboern

Crankyboern
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Probably 15 is fine, yes.

I know this is nothing complicated but i think that makes it a good change.

its simple as fuck! and thats what makes it good!

#9 bouncyballs

bouncyballs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 2/1/2/0/1/0

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

There is no need to change spell reflect, it is fine as it is, and to be honest I don't know why they are changing it to not be affected by pet abilities. In my opinion this makes it entirely too easy to use and just makes it an ability that requires little to no timing or skill.

25 seconds is definitely fine, and I use mass reflect sometimes in rbgs because its super overpowered when guarding nodes. I feel like the changes to warriors that they have done so far in the patch are the only changes they should do, we do not need any more buffs.

#10 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

View Postbouncyballs, on 17 April 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

There is no need to change spell reflect, it is fine as it is, and to be honest I don't know why they are changing it to not be affected by pet abilities. In my opinion this makes it entirely too easy to use and just makes it an ability that requires little to no timing or skill.

25 seconds is definitely fine, and I use mass reflect sometimes in rbgs because its super overpowered when guarding nodes. I feel like the changes to warriors that they have done so far in the patch are the only changes they should do, we do not need any more buffs.
No

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#11 bouncyballs

bouncyballs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostBraindance, on 17 April 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

No

Really? I'm sorry god of warriors, thank youfor providing me with such great insight along with substantial evidence to prove me wrong.
Because we should just be able to cast spell reflect whenever we want and always reflect player abilities. Why should we be forced to be aware of what is happening in the game? We are warriors!

But for real if you have problems with pets consuming your spell reflect and your spell reflect not reflecting player abilities you are playing wrong or getting outplayed by your opponent. Simple as that.

Shorter cd paired with this new change would make the ability far too strong, somy point is take one change or the other not both, I personally don't think we need any change. But then again the almighty warrior god may refute my opinion because he is the best at the warrior class, I mean he got glad in season 1 and he spam posts on arena junkies all day, doesn't that give him the highest credibility?

#12 Crankyboern

Crankyboern
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

View Postbouncyballs, on 17 April 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Really? I'm sorry god of warriors, thank youfor providing me with such great insight along with substantial evidence to prove me wrong.
Because we should just be able to cast spell reflect whenever we want and always reflect player abilities. Why should we be forced to be aware of what is happening in the game? We are warriors!

But for real if you have problems with pets consuming your spell reflect and your spell reflect not reflecting player abilities you are playing wrong or getting outplayed by your opponent. Simple as that.

Shorter cd paired with this new change would make the ability far too strong, somy point is take one change or the other not both, I personally don't think we need any change. But then again the almighty warrior god may refute my opinion because he is the best at the warrior class, I mean he got glad in season 1 and he spam posts on arena junkies all day, doesn't that give him the highest credibility?

he marked the spot where he does not agree - and im 100% of his opinion.

You reflect on last second of a cast anyways, so why in the world would this change make reflect brainless?

I agree that the pet-thing has never been a real issue - simply because you reflect on the last sec of a cast.

I feel like Harry Potters are giving us the D and i think spell reflect is a nice tool to cope with casters - id rather have 10sec reflect than some lulz passive dmg reduction or in stun usable cooldown.

#13 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

View Postbouncyballs, on 17 April 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

1) No. You can ask the best warriors in the world and no one ever pays attention to a water elemental casting on you. You focus on players not pets auto casting

2) I would be happy with a shorter cd, but it's in no case necessary

3) I play in glad rating ranges every season from s1 up to now. The reason I don't have multiple helms on my account is not that I am a bad player, but it mostly has to do with politics and the fact that I prefer to keep my dignity and integrity instead of attaching a pixelated title above my character's name. Even rivals can get glad if they have connections.
4) You have a highest rating of 2485. My highest 3s rating is 2761. So don't be offended, but you are not quite qualified to rating bash me yet.

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#14 bouncyballs

bouncyballs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostBraindance, on 17 April 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

1) No. You can ask the best warriors in the world and no one ever pays attention to a water elemental casting on you. You focus on players not pets auto casting

2) I would be happy with a shorter cd, but it's in no case necessary

3) I play in glad rating ranges every season from s1 up to now. The reason I don't have multiple helms on my account is not that I am a bad player, but it mostly has to do with politics and the fact that I prefer to keep my dignity and integrity instead of attaching a pixelated title above my character's name. Even rivals can get glad if they have connections.
4) You have a highest rating of 2485. My highest 3s rating is 2761. So don't be offended, but you are not quite qualified to rating bash me yet.

I'll respond to you in a number format as well.

1) My point is you just have to cast at the end of spell cast, instead they are awarding retards that cast spell reflect the minute they see a cast by giving them a guaranteed reflect on a player.

2) Thank you.

3) I don't care if you have glad or not, my point was that you aren't some end all be all judge of the warrior class.

4) Yes you are right my warrior's highest rating is 2485 in 3s. Maybe you should get to know me before you try to disqualify me.

As a side note, I understand that you don't care about titles and what not, I don't either, The only title I want in the game is Salty, so that I can be Salty Bouncyballs.

I apologize for saying i saw you stream, I think i have you confused with braindeadly.

Edited by bouncyballs, 17 April 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#15 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

with how much lockdown warriors have already i think lowering the spell reflect cooldown would just be absurd. maybe not so much for sp/mages but i dont really have that perspective. considering warriors are getting other buffs, it would just be dumb to give them even more atm.

#16 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

View Postbouncyballs, on 17 April 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

I'll respond to you in a number format as well.

1) My point is you just have to cast at the end of spell cast, instead they are awarding retards that cast spell reflect the minute they see a cast by giving them a guaranteed reflect on a player.

2) Thank you.

3) I don't care if you have glad or not, my point was that you aren't some end all be all judge of the warrior class.

4) Yes you are right my warrior's highest rating is 2485 in 3s. Maybe you should get to know me before you try to disqualify me.

As a side note, I understand that you don't care about titles and what not, I don't either, The only title I want in the game is Salty, so that I can be Salty Bouncyballs.

Also, I have watched you stream. So maybe I do have a little bit of research behind my back when I bash you.

1) Even when you reflect at 80% a pet can still eat your reflect which sucks and it happens about 5% of the time

2) Purely based on my contributions on the warrior forum and my significant experience/playtime, I qualify to be a judge, and many top warriors agree with most of the points I make

3) Why would I try to get to know you when you were the one that completely dismissed my opinion based on my helms?

4) I have NEVER streamed in my life - EVER. I don't even know how to setup a stream and I am neither interested nor want to set up one

tl;dr You are making things out of thin air and you want people to actually accept and respect what you say. Not gonna happen with this attitude champ.

#17 bouncyballs

bouncyballs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostBraindance, on 17 April 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

4) I have NEVER streamed in my life - EVER. I don't even know how to setup a stream and I am neither interested nor want to set up one

tl;dr You are making things out of thin air and you want people to actually accept and respect what you say. Not gonna happen with this attitude champ.

Edited my post, I confused you with braindeadly. so I don't have the evidence to back my bashing. But also, I wouldnt view it as bashing more of a fact that you have a superiority complex. Just because people like veev or hoodrych back your opinion doesn't make it valid.

Anyways, I apologize again for confusing you with braindeadly, because your names are very similar and he plays like a dullard.

Also, my point wasn't to dismiss your opinion but rather you actually provide some reasoning to your opinion. a thread is a discussion and the fact you just stated "No" is ridiculous.

Edited by bouncyballs, 17 April 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#18 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

View Postbouncyballs, on 17 April 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Edited my post, I confused you with braindeadly. so I don't have the evidence to back my bashing. But also, I wouldnt view it as bashing more of a fact that you have a superiority complex. Just because people like veev or hoodrych back your opinion doesn't make it valid.

Anyways, I apologize again for confusing you with braindeadly, because your names are very similar and he plays like a dullard.
I do have a superiority complex in real life, but I most certainly don't have one in wow. I never said my opinion is valid - that's why it's an opinion. I simply don't agree with what you said about reflect taking more skill now, since, as I already mentioned, pets can eat your reflect even if you reflect at 90% of the cast and that sucks.

#19 bouncyballs

bouncyballs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

View PostBraindance, on 17 April 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

I do have a superiority complex in real life, but I most certainly don't have one in wow.

You may not have one in game, but it's leaking through on forums.

View PostBraindance, on 17 April 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

I simply don't agree with what you said about reflect taking more skill now, since, as I already mentioned, pets can eat your reflect even if you reflect at 90% of the cast and that sucks.

Very rarely does this ever happen, because of travel time of pet abilities. If you spell reflect when there is less time left on the spell cast than the travel time of the pets ability, it will 100% be reflected.

I just don't see that giving warriors 100% chance to reflect player abilities only as a solution to the problem.

Edited by bouncyballs, 17 April 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#20 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Postbouncyballs, on 17 April 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

You may not have one in game, but it's leaking through on forums.
If that's the case I apologize - it is not my intention to sound high and mighty.

My point about reflect still stands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<