Ayano
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

I see lots of eles running with resto gear offpieces, why do they do this and should I do it myself on my shaman?

#46 Messman

Messman
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hellscream
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

WTB update for 5.4 :P

#47 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostAyano, on 29 August 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

I see lots of eles running with resto gear offpieces, why do they do this and should I do it myself on my shaman?

as an ele spirit = hit so if the secondary stat is more attractive like spirit haste its a good way to get hit cap
Posted Image

#48 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostNadagast, on 17 April 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

Thanks for the guide!  I'm leveling an Ele Shaman right now--this is very helpful.  :D

I wonder though if Echo of the Elements is a bit overlooked.  I'm not saying it's super amazing, (I really love 5% free haste on NS).  But if what I've read is correct--that is, echoes can mastery and mastery can echo--then it should be able to add a pretty sizable amount of burst.  If you shoot 5 spells (including mastery procs) during a burst/kill attempt, you have a ~27% chance to get at least one Echo.  Each Echo is worth 1 full damage spell, plus a 33% chance (from Jonte's armory, I don't know if this is particularly high or low mastery) to proc a mastery for 75% damage.  33%*75% = another 25% damage.  So each Echo is worth 125% of a regular spell.  I think a 25% chance to do 25% more damage on each burst is pretty good!  I know that this is random and uncontrollable, but people frequently use proc PvE trinkets that add 25% damage, which seems pretty similar to me.  Echo has the advantage of being totally unpredictable, (both a disadvantage and an advantage, but it means opponents cannot see a PvE trinket proc and react accordingly).  But it's also maybe a factor in fewer burst attempts than proc trinkets are (which are usually up for more than 1 in 4 bursts).

Maybe 5 spells is too many to assume for a standard burst attempt?  Or maybe it doesn't work like I assume?  I guess I'm not trying to say this is the best thing ever, since it's obvious the other two talents provide huge value.  But it does seem like a somewhat overlooked option, I think in large part due to the fact that it's so hard to tell mastery procs apart from echo procs.  It's hard to see that it's doing anything at all.

I love when someone makes a point and actually does some research to back up their point.  Good stuff Nada!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<