11 replies to this topic

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Since every other thread is about how overpowered/underpowered everything is, what does everyone think are the most balanced specs/classes? These don't even necessarily have to be "good," but what everything else should be more like.

For me its Destro locks and disc priests. Destro has good cc, good defensive, cooldowns, and good burst, but the burst isnt random 100-0 burst like everyone else. They actually have to cast their burst, and it cant be chained every global. They obviously have some issues, and gateway is dumb, but overall

Disc just seems like the most balanced healer, They still have issues with DK's, but thats always been the case, and the invis->sprint->fear thing is annoying, but overall I never find myself thinking either of these are op.

#2 Shock1911

Shock1911
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Balanced specs/classes don't exist sorry.

#3 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

i kinda agree.

aside from psyfiend and gateway those classes are ok.

i might add ret pallys, they have some support spells with relative long cd = sac/bop, do ok damage (might a little to much burst) and have a tiny defensive cd (pally wall) but can have a good backup heal.

Edited by dionim, 16 April 2013 - 05:52 PM.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostShock1911, on 16 April 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Balanced specs/classes don't exist sorry.

Obviously nothing is going to be perfectly balanced, which is why I said "most balanced"

#5 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostRadejjj, on 16 April 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Disc just seems like the most balanced healer, They still have issues with DK's, but thats always been the case, and the invis->sprint->fear thing is annoying, but overall I never find myself thinking either of these are op.
You can't be strong against everything, so DKs being anti-priest is not too bad. And yes, the class is somewhat balanced but it is not fun to play.
Stuff like fast dispel/fast massdispeller don't exist anymore, you can't assist damage because you do 6200 smites, shield sprint into fear is obviously good, except when you invis/run into middle you get flared / typhoon'd etc into unending cc chain which you can't break and even if you land a fear, the enemy team usually has a shaman hence an aoe fear immunity. Also it is awfully hard to recover when you fall behind, especially when you are coming out off cc chain and your shield gets purged. So the class does well in rushdown / hunter comps because you get to use globals on offensive dispelling or fearing a guy that has been put to an infinite cc chain by the hunter.
Otherwise it is awfully boring, you are essentially a healbot and you can't do anything game breaking because they have removed/nerfed abilities that allowed you to do so previous 11 seasons.
I wish it was as bad as last season but we had pre-mop abilities to play the game with, I don't even log in to my priest anymore because comps I can make get farmed by thug etc.

Edited by Djandawg, 16 April 2013 - 06:15 PM.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 16 April 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

You can't be strong against everything, so DKs being anti-priest is not too bad. And yes, the class is somewhat balanced but it is not fun to play.
Stuff like fast dispel/fast massdispeller don't exist anymore, you can't assist damage because you do 6200 smites, shield sprint into fear is obviously good, except when you invis/run into middle you get flared / typhoon'd etc into unending cc chain which you can't break and even if you land a fear, the enemy team usually has a shaman hence an aoe fear immunity. Also it is awfully hard to recover when you fall behind, especially when you are coming out off cc chain and your shield gets purged. So the class does well in rushdown / hunter comps because you get to use globals on offensive dispelling or fearing a guy that has been put to an infinite cc chain by the hunter.
Otherwise it is awfully boring, you are essentially a healbot and you can't do anything game breaking because they have removed/nerfed abilities that allowed you to do so previous 11 seasons.
I wish it was as bad as last season but we had pre-mop abilities to play the game with, I don't even log in to my priest anymore because comps I can make get farmed by thug etc.

You've been saying priests are terrible/would be terrible this entire season. They seem strong as hell right now and they look a hell of a lot more fun then holy paladins. Priest/hunter/x is going to be the new shaman/spriest/x in 5.3

#7 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 16 April 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

All healers do such little damage.

#8 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostRadejjj, on 16 April 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Destro has good cc, good defensive, cooldowns, and good burst, but the burst isnt random 100-0 burst like everyone else. .
I 4got to screenshot the part where i got hit for 200k chaos bolt yday :(

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 16 April 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

I 4got to screenshot the part where i got hit for 200k chaos bolt yday :(

It hits hard but it isnt exactly difficult to stop, and destro cant chain giant crits in every gcd like mages. bomb/frostbolt/ff bolt/frozen orb all hitting at the same time, or back to back 5 point evicerates, exc exc.

#10 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

"Most balanced" doesn't make a damn bit of sense. The whole concept of "balance" is that everything adds up to being equal overall, which is why extracting one class and determining if it's balanced without looking at the others is impossible.

What you're asking is something completely different and has nothing to do with balance, but with the desired state of WoW arenas.

#11 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostRadejjj, on 16 April 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

You've been saying priests are terrible/would be terrible this entire season. They seem strong as hell right now and they look a hell of a lot more fun then holy paladins. Priest/hunter/x is going to be the new shaman/spriest/x in 5.3
And I don't play it. As I said before and even in this thread, priest is not fun to play and that's what matters. Just because hunter/rogue does unhealable damage while the target helplessly sits in stuns/silence, it doesn't make their healer's class strong as hell or fun. Scroll up, I wrote the things that have been nerfed that make the game play less fun.

Edited by Djandawg, 16 April 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#12 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostAlemecia, on 16 April 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

"Most balanced" doesn't make a damn bit of sense. The whole concept of "balance" is that everything adds up to being equal overall, which is why extracting one class and determining if it's balanced without looking at the others is impossible.

What you're asking is something completely different and has nothing to do with balance, but with the desired state of WoW arenas.

Actually it refers to a class that isnt grossly overpowered vs the majority of other comps/classes. Something that just is pretty good in most/all situations, but isn't terrible, like ele shaman, and isnt GREAT like spriest/BM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<