• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostDakkrothy, on 17 April 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

no offence dude, but I read half through your post and I had to stop, most clueless shit ive read in a while (no troll)

Some people agree, some people disagree, it's how the world works.

#42 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 17 April 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Some people agree, some people disagree, it's how the world works.

Not when it comes to facts. Almost every single point you made was as biased as it gets, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#43 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostDakkrothy, on 17 April 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Not when it comes to facts. Almost every single point you made was as biased as it gets, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How was it biased? Please, explain rather than posting nothing to back up what you're trying to call me out on. If you read most the rest of the thread, I can't stand when people just post something with out backing it up. I want to know why you disagree with me. And what I wrote in the disclaimer states that it may sound weird because of me trying to write it so quickly, so it may have came out biased in your end. When I was just trying to get at that every class has it's CD's/burst to do the kind of damage that it does, and how every class has something that is good at outside of it's bursts.

Edited by OhhiimMvp, 17 April 2013 - 06:22 PM.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Posted Image

#45 Dove

Dove
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2285

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

This post is beyond stupid....

#46 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 17 April 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

How was it biased? Please, explain rather than posting nothing to back up what you're trying to call me out on. If you read most the rest of the thread, I can't stand when people just post something with out backing it up. I want to know why you disagree with me. And what I wrote in the disclaimer states that it may sound weird because of me trying to write it so quickly, so it may have came out biased in your end. When I was just trying to get at that every class has it's CD's/burst to do the kind of damage that it does, and how every class has something that is good at outside of it's bursts.

It's funny you complain about lots of instant cc, but it's ok for "every" class to have ridic burst. Clearly the instant cc is needed to prevent people from being blown up.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#47 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 17 April 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

you didnt get hit with a shadowburn through cloak..

shut up.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#48 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 17 April 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

That's what I am trying to say now, we need to get the quality of this forum up to par now that blizzard is listening really well and deciding to actually work on PVP.

If you have a reason to complain about a ability being OP, you should also have the ability of bringing evidence as to why it's OP. Instead of just saying it and posting a screen shot of the dmg it did. Put together a chart of the ability and separate times of when it happened and how much damage it did. Explain why the ability needs a nerf. That was the whole point of the upvote system. To approve of when good posters actually posted.

And I'm actually enjoying the new guides that have been coming up. Even in Tosan's video, he did a "Little" guide as how to hunter. Unseenz did a RBG Guide for rogues and so on. The more people whine and complain, the more fucked up the game is going to get. Post facts, reasons and evidence. I have a lot on my mind and plan on opening a thread about what I think is OP and why it's op and start a discussion as how to fix it. Not just be like "LOLOL HE GLOBALED ME".

Well now you have explained it properly I agree with what you are saying.  Hopefully people will take note and give better quality feedback to our Lord Saviour Holinka.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#49 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 16 April 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Quick guide on how to stop PowerShots, Lava Bursts, Chaos Bolts any kind of "OP" casting ability.

1) Pillar Hump - They'll never get it off.
2) Stun then
3) Kick it

Remember those three and you'll live :blink:

Anyone that started playing after WotLK just do NOT get how useful it is to LoS. I'd rather play without any fucking defensives than have an arena without pillars thats how awesome they are. I literally facepalm every time I play with someone that dies in the open and never hugs. :(
Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.
Peace Heaumes, yoloOnce ;-) :$

#50 KILLATON

KILLATON
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1734
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

"1) EVERY CLASS HAS A BLOW YOU THE FUCK UP MACRO.... If you don't believe it, then you're just ignorant and don't know how to stack cooldowns.

2) EVERY CLASS HAS DEFENSIVES TO GET AWAY FROM THESE MACROS."

Stoped reading right there.

Youre pretty much argueing with youreself :P

Edited by Raphner, 18 April 2013 - 11:27 AM.

Posted Image

#51 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostRaphner, on 18 April 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

"1) EVERY CLASS HAS A BLOW YOU THE FUCK UP MACRO.... If you don't believe it, then you're just ignorant and don't know how to stack cooldowns.

2) EVERY CLASS HAS DEFENSIVES TO GET AWAY FROM THESE MACROS."

Stoped reading right there.

Youre pretty much argueing with youreself :P

No he isn't.  He's just saying you can defend against the Swifty one shot macro's if you play well.
Posted Image

#52 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

All you people keep ripping him for having a stupid argument, yet no one explains what's stupid about it. He's right... every (viable) class has a macro or can otherwise set up cooldowns to do an insane amount of burst. And every (viable) class has a major defensive cooldown to SURVIVE said burst. I do agree with one of the previous posters, that the problem is in the details (at least to some extent). Who wants a class that doesn't burst? Who wants a class that can't survive burst?

Again, I feel like this is a fine model for the game, so long as instant cast CC is toned down. Or there has to be more balance as to which classes can dish out tons of damage and which can CC. It's not really fair for BM hunters to cc a healer for years, AND do tons of damage. Either there should be more dedicated roles, or they should just tune down instant CC for everyone.

#53 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

It's true that almost every class has a swifty macro, but imo its more about how often they can do it. So classes that can go swifty more frequent are mostly dominant on the ladders.

There is a big difference between classes on this.
Posted Image

#54 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

I think the problem is some classes can burst hard without the swifty macro.  Like mage and shadow priest can burst pretty much every 30 seconds.  Warrior can burst everytime it has full rage and CS ready...etc...etc.  So you don't have defensive cooldowns ready because they can burst so often.  But the third or fourth Deepfreeze most classes have nothing left and you fall over.  Not picking on mages here, other classes can do it too.  Just an easy example.
Posted Image

#55 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

People are so quick to judge and have no explanation to judge. Most of the time, they just skim through everything and post uselessness ;\ I feel like the ones that are hating on the thread are the one's that complain the most about certain classes.

#56 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostFlabbert, on 18 April 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

It's true that almost every class has a swifty macro, but imo its more about how often they can do it. So classes that can go swifty more frequent are mostly dominant on the ladders.

There is a big difference between classes on this.

Classes that can burst most often and require little to no ramp up time for burst are dominating right now.

mages, hunters, and rogues are the classes that fall into this category off the top of my head.

Classes that require ramp up time for burst include spriests, boomers, and locks.

It's no surprise that boomers and locks are raping rbgs and struggle in 3s which is a burst and rush down game at the moment.

#57 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

We're mainly talking about offensive CDs here but I think there is a large disparity between classes in terms of defensive CDs.

BW hunters defensive CDs are sooo good right now, I mean I wouldn't even play with a pvp trinket if I was non-human.  Practically zero hunters that I have seen run cunning pet anymore, they would sacrifice the defensive ability of Roar of Sac for pet damage and instant pet res.  

How many classes have the luxury to pass up defensive abilities to gain more burst and damage?

Other offensive abilities people don't mention enough.

1. Execute abilities:  hunters can kill shot with zero focus, locks dropping huge shadowburns

2. MS abilities:  not that much of a big deal with how huge heals are now but it rapes hybrid off healing, again something else hunters have.

#58 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Sorry for the triple post and end-less rant about offensive and defensive CDs but I think this is getting to why I fundamentally disagree with the OPs initial point.

Yes all classes have offensive and defensive CDs, but they are no where near equal.

I look at my hunter, the burst, the extra tools (dispell/MS/execute), defensive abilities (deter, disengage, master's call, stuns, BW trinket, Roar sac), snares, instant cc, and I feel it has everything in comparison to the other classes that I play.  Some classes literally don't have 50% of these abilities or similar abilities.  When I lose, there's always something I could have used better or done better.

When I lose on my boomer, that's not always the case, I have 1 way to get out of cc/stuns, if I blow that early and get caught its over.  I review my loss and there's nothing I could do better except maybe run a different comp to fill in my weaknesses.  Maybe a dk to grip melee off me or spriest to heal me when healer is cced/oom.

Classes with few abilities (like boomer) seem to get compensated with a few very ridiculous abilities so they can compete (solar beam), ring of peace for monks comes to mind too.

I'll give you a typical example of how I "outplay" disc priests on my hunter.  I'm bad so a lot of times (especially 2s) a disc will surprise me and run up to me and fear me while I'm drooling and casting power shot or spamming kill command when its on CD.  I'll BW trinket and scatter trap the priest followed by silence shot.  He could trade his trinket with me, but if he does he's now prime for a swap (no stun DR yet) or I can pop readiness and 1/2 duration scatter trap him again.  It's gay and wins a lot of games.  He outplayed me by running up to me to fear me but since I have more tools/CDs I win by default.

#59 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostDeadsoil, on 16 April 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

For people who don't want to read hes saying: "Insert Class Here" Takes alot of damage, makes up for it by being able to dmg/heal/cc well.

yo, can your emotional boomkin not send me a novel after losing a game of 2s. thanks

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

I actually don't think rogue burst is any stupider then anyone elses swifty one shit. It's all equally dumb, but the difference is rogues lock you down for 12 seconds while doing it. When warriors could do that with warbringer->shockwaver->gag order it was op, but rogues doing it with kidney->garrote->dr cheap or garrote. not to mention if theyre try harding with double/triple drs +paralytic its like 18 seconds, is completely fine?

Edited by Radejjj, 18 April 2013 - 06:38 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stop, complaining, about, classes, for, the, love, of, jesus, christ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<