• Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Here's the breakdown:

Heal/CC
heal/dmg
dmg/cc
and last one:
dmg/cc/heals <--- this one is where the "OP" comes from.

It's a rotation, classes fall into those categories.

#23 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 16 April 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

http://www.arenajunk...20#entry3873981

I'm not even going to reply to you.
u just did haha

#24 Enyalius

Enyalius
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/1
  • LocationNORWAY YO

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 16 April 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

- Warriors: Theyre dmg is retarded, but that's because they can easily get globaled. I can global a warrior in opener if done right, that's simple. They're defensive's are garbage atm, pre disarm their shield wall and they're fucked; not even second wind will help them.

Their dmg with CD's stacked, yes. So easy to prevent its unreal. Being forced to play with casters aint that fun either, as they would rather play with rogues / dks.

/^^^^^^\

<(õ_õ)>

./|\.

/\

#25 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Up until my last attempt at point capping, I was really upset that no one tries to have fun in the game anymore, everything is about just winning and how good the team record is, and all this competitive nonsense. I just wanted to play and have fun.

While I still think thats a good philosophy to have, fuck this game. OP is right, its like starcraft. You get countered with some build (comp), and you counter another. Except for the fact that you can't just reroll, and your stuck with whatever class you have.

There isn't anything wrong with the game as you just described it.. the way damage works is fine. Defensives, fine. The problem is the retardedness of instant CC, and just CC in general. I want to play the fucking game. Not just sit in crowd control all day. The game literally is no fun anymore.

The other large issue is theres no real satisfaction from winning in general. You either just countered the fuck out of them, they sucked, or you got lucky. Very occasionally you actually have a good match, and you can respect your opponents. Most times when you lose, its because of some dumbass fucking broken shit game mechanic... Ring of Peace, 400000 years of instant CC, mage deep froze you, etc

Obviously there is still some room to outplay opponents and thats why some people are higher rated than others consistently. But the way I perceive it now anyway, there just isn't any fun in winning, and a huge disappointment in losing.

Im a competitive person and I dont mind losing to superior competition. I would mind losing to someone when I run in a race and have to wear flip flops, or I have to start 100 meters behind. Same as I wouldn't find joy in winning if the reverse was true. Don't hate the player, hate the game. They also don't make big enough changes, and its about time they separated PVE from PVP.

I've held onto this game as long as I could, because there is just so much nostalgia, its hard to give up for good. But honestly, this game is trash. When you've played for so long, its just hard to accept that its over, but this expansion has finally done it for me

RIP WOW.

#26 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Jacquelol, 17 April 2013 - 01:45 AM.

Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#27 Dividium

Dividium
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2036

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 16 April 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

No more tears
-said the rogue

Posted Image

#28 moelol

moelol
  • Lilbthebased
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

you're pretty stupid

#29 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

Lol played a FOTM comp for one season and calls me stupid.

Edited by OhhiimMvp, 17 April 2013 - 02:04 AM.

#30 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

tank 2s mmr down to 900, get capped in 15 minutes. $$$$$

#31 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 16 April 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Yes, of course, some things need to be tuned, but the amount of whining that comes with it isn't necessary. We already know what's op and what's not. No need to spread that garbage in every thread/forum you visit for WoW over and over again.

I agree with what you are saying, but unfortunately the way blizzard balances the games is by listening what is QQ'd about most.  If everyone whined that affliction was OP they would nerf them even further into the ground, without even testing it.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#32 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

View Postardnut, on 17 April 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

I agree with what you are saying, but unfortunately the way blizzard balances the games is by listening what is QQ'd about most.  If everyone whined that affliction was OP they would nerf them even further into the ground, without even testing it.

That's what I am trying to say now, we need to get the quality of this forum up to par now that blizzard is listening really well and deciding to actually work on PVP.

If you have a reason to complain about a ability being OP, you should also have the ability of bringing evidence as to why it's OP. Instead of just saying it and posting a screen shot of the dmg it did. Put together a chart of the ability and separate times of when it happened and how much damage it did. Explain why the ability needs a nerf. That was the whole point of the upvote system. To approve of when good posters actually posted.

And I'm actually enjoying the new guides that have been coming up. Even in Tosan's video, he did a "Little" guide as how to hunter. Unseenz did a RBG Guide for rogues and so on. The more people whine and complain, the more fucked up the game is going to get. Post facts, reasons and evidence. I have a lot on my mind and plan on opening a thread about what I think is OP and why it's op and start a discussion as how to fix it. Not just be like "LOLOL HE GLOBALED ME".

#33 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 17 April 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

That's what I am trying to say now, we need to get the quality of this forum up to par now that blizzard is listening really well and deciding to actually work on PVP.

If you have a reason to complain about a ability being OP, you should also have the ability of bringing evidence as to why it's OP. Instead of just saying it and posting a screen shot of the dmg it did. Put together a chart of the ability and separate times of when it happened and how much damage it did. Explain why the ability needs a nerf. That was the whole point of the upvote system. To approve of when good posters actually posted.

And I'm actually enjoying the new guides that have been coming up. Even in Tosan's video, he did a "Little" guide as how to hunter. Unseenz did a RBG Guide for rogues and so on. The more people whine and complain, the more fucked up the game is going to get. Post facts, reasons and evidence. I have a lot on my mind and plan on opening a thread about what I think is OP and why it's op and start a discussion as how to fix it. Not just be like "LOLOL HE GLOBALED ME".

This part I absolutely agree with, the quality of posts need to improve.  I would like to add that not everyone has the skill set to perform an analysis and write up a well thought out critique about certain came mechanics, abilities, comp etc.

I think it is important to challenge the people who CAN write constructive posts to do so and refrain from posting "swagyolo#420blunted69" type responses.

#34 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 16 April 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Yes, of course, some things need to be tuned, but the amount of whining that comes with it isn't necessary. We already know what's op and what's not. No need to spread that garbage in every thread/forum you visit for WoW over and over again.
not necessary? ppl complain about BM hunters all time did they got nerfed?
so we keep doing it or blizz will think that the game is good.

#35 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 16 April 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

With everything I stated above, what is the outcome? EVERYONE GETS HIT HARD AS SHIT NO MATTER WHAT. Every class has some kind of defensive to get out of few things here and there. With out cool downs, every class is like a tissue paper ready to get ripped apart. Every class is the same, we all do a lot of dmg/heals, but we all get blown the fuck up. If you keep dying to certain classes, you need to evaluate what the fuck you're doing and change something in order to not keep dying to them. Learn different rotations for different classes/comps, record your matches, find out what's going on and how to fix it. Instead of complaining, find ways to help each other out on how to control other class and/or deal with them. That's what AJ used to be about. Now it's turned into straight drama as if it's high school all over again.

Here is where we disagree.  Every class has some form of "hit hard as shit OP" macros/abilities and every class has some soft of defensive CDs, but the devil is in the details.  Not all of these abilities are equal.

I'll look at burst dps as an example between hunter/boomer/mage because that's what I play.  

hunter = zero ramp up time, pop CDs and gtg, blink strike + power shot is sexy.  Makes the class a joy to carry people in 2s with, I've probably make 30k gold this season do it.  You have HEAVY burst w/ trinket + rapid fire + BW and you still have decent burst every min from trinket + BW

Summary:  Can burst every 1 min w/ zero ramp up, every 3 min for big burst

Druid = significant ramp up time, you have a bunch of shit to pop which usually is not all in one macro (since CD does not overlap nicely like trinket + BW).  You need to get dots up and hope for starsurge procs and then hope it crits.  Takes time to dot and setup the burst and not nearly as reliable as hunter burst.

Summary:  Can burst every 3 min on 2 diff CDs, high ramp up, 15 sec insane CD stack from both 3 min CDs

Mage = I feel like like I can burst every 30 sec.  I seem to always have instant procs up and deep + silence feels like wayyy too much.  I can definitely solo healers on mage and cannot on druid.  Nukes have a passive slow and low CD on deep/silence makes for a reliable steay burst pattern every 30 sec.

Druid hits harder (160-180k starsurges) than my mage but is less reliable (proc/crit chance) and less frequent (every 3 min).  Why do I feel mage burst is better than boomer burst even though boomers "hit" harder?  Because the devil is in the details.

Do you play other classes or mainly stick to rogue?  I feel like your mindset is consistent with someone who plays 1 class and does not appreciate the amount of tools/abilities that you have.

#36 Sagild

Sagild
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/1/1/.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Please tell me again how you got shadowburned THROUGH cloak, when cloak makes you resist all spells.. Its not 90% like it was in Wotlk anymore..

I still agree with you though. But there are still things that need to be removed/altered.. The new nerf to the pve trinkets is almost useless.. The things that need to be tuned in my opinion are the things that are taking people from 100-0 within a global. It shouldnt be like, "the hunter is casting powershot while im stunned, gotta block or im dead..".. Its the same with the old Taste for blood with 5 stacks, where a warrior would just get 5 stacks, then pop everything and kill one in a global.

Other than that, I agree..
Posted Image

#37 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostSagild, on 17 April 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Please tell me again how you got shadowburned THROUGH cloak, when cloak makes you resist all spells.. Its not 90% like it was in Wotlk anymore..

I still agree with you though. But there are still things that need to be removed/altered.. The new nerf to the pve trinkets is almost useless.. The things that need to be tuned in my opinion are the things that are taking people from 100-0 within a global. It shouldnt be like, "the hunter is casting powershot while im stunned, gotta block or im dead..".. Its the same with the old Taste for blood with 5 stacks, where a warrior would just get 5 stacks, then pop everything and kill one in a global.

Other than that, I agree..

That's what I am trying to figure out. I read the combat log and it said I resisted about 70k, absorbed about 40k then the other 90k ripped me, which I wouldn't know how...

View PostHackattack3, on 17 April 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

Do you play other classes or mainly stick to rogue?  I feel like your mindset is consistent with someone who plays 1 class and does not appreciate the amount of tools/abilities that you have.

I actually have a Priest, Druid and DK. I've stopped doing arenas with my Druid in Cata, I still do some arena's with my priest. I feel like yes, some classes need to ramp up in order to do burst, as a SP. I play one and I need a few seconds to build up my burst. I understand a lot of the game mechanics, but what I was trying to get at with my initial post is that every class can burst, yet people keep complaining about how OP shit is, when they don't even look at their own class and complain about their own abilities being OP to another class.

Edited by OhhiimMvp, 17 April 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#38 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

no offence dude, but I read half through your post and I had to stop, most clueless shit ive read in a while (no troll)

#39 aedeki

aedeki
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/0/0/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostRedboww, on 16 April 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

Up until my last attempt at point capping, I was really upset that no one tries to have fun in the game anymore, everything is about just winning and how good the team record is, and all this competitive nonsense. I just wanted to play and have fun.

While I still think thats a good philosophy to have, fuck this game. OP is right, its like starcraft. You get countered with some build (comp), and you counter another. Except for the fact that you can't just reroll, and your stuck with whatever class you have.

There isn't anything wrong with the game as you just described it.. the way damage works is fine. Defensives, fine. The problem is the retardedness of instant CC, and just CC in general. I want to play the fucking game. Not just sit in crowd control all day. The game literally is no fun anymore.

The other large issue is theres no real satisfaction from winning in general. You either just countered the fuck out of them, they sucked, or you got lucky. Very occasionally you actually have a good match, and you can respect your opponents. Most times when you lose, its because of some dumbass fucking broken shit game mechanic... Ring of Peace, 400000 years of instant CC, mage deep froze you, etc

Obviously there is still some room to outplay opponents and thats why some people are higher rated than others consistently. But the way I perceive it now anyway, there just isn't any fun in winning, and a huge disappointment in losing.

Im a competitive person and I dont mind losing to superior competition. I would mind losing to someone when I run in a race and have to wear flip flops, or I have to start 100 meters behind. Same as I wouldn't find joy in winning if the reverse was true. Don't hate the player, hate the game. They also don't make big enough changes, and its about time they separated PVE from PVP.

I've held onto this game as long as I could, because there is just so much nostalgia, its hard to give up for good. But honestly, this game is trash. When you've played for so long, its just hard to accept that its over, but this expansion has finally done it for me

RIP WOW.

Gold. I'm finding myself playing with people that seriously don't enjoy the game and are doing arenas solely to be high rated. Yeah, its great to be competitive, but lets have some fun first, that's the overall idea of a game, isn't it?

The amount of CC is pretty ridiculous though. I think the amount of damage just seems high because when this damage is coming the target or teammates of the target are in CC 90% of the time unable to do assist.

They have been putting in a lot of effort in changing PvP, I just still think there is too much CC to get that enjoyment from arena like I used to. Now, I would much rather play around 2k MMR with some friends instead of trying to beat a rank 1 composition that is superior to us from every conceivable angle.

The idea of CC in WOTLK was a lot cooler I think. Certain classes had a reduced duration on certain CCs. Like I remember as a disc priest having a partial immunity to dispel effects, and shorter durations on magic CCs (I think, I kinda forget). All I remember was the only healer I could fear for a full duration was a resto druid, all others had a reduction effect. I think that was awesome, and something that should consider reimplementing.

#40 Ruddx

Ruddx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1922
  • 3v3: 2263
  • RBG: 2152

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostDakkrothy, on 17 April 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

no offence dude, but I read half through your post and I had to stop, most clueless shit ive read in a while (no troll)

and they call me rude...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stop, complaining, about, classes, for, the, love, of, jesus, christ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<