Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

So recently after rerolling my enhance the last few weeks I have noticed quite a few flaws with them and how blizzard is taking the wrong steps with them in 5.3 giving us more burst which isn't needed.

1.)  Capacitor totem is pretty shitty vs good teams, any good team i have qued into will kill it almost everytime and its our only controlled stun outside of primal elementalist which is pretty weak.  

To fix this they could possibly add more HP or possibly rework the totem to be like balance druids mushrooms where you can place the totem and detonate it when you want.

2.) Spirit Wolves - This is one of the shittiest abilitys i have seen, 2 minute cool down  they hit for 800-1900 and the heal from the is almost unnoticeable, i don't even think they have been scaled since cata tbh.

I think they should give us the wolves stun back, buff there damage by 100% aswell as the healing for them because atm there only good use is when stormlash is up for the extra damage.

3.) As everyone is aware enhances defensive's are quite weak, i was thinking they should make Bulwark totem a passive ability for enhance, It could solve some problems with our defensive's if we could have that, sham rage and natures guardian.

Was also thinking they should make Glyph of shamanistic rage passive.

As far as 5.3 looks there buffing our burst even more which we really don't need, we need more damage outside of our ascendance.
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#2 Thugeenocktopus

Thugeenocktopus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2400
  • LocationTrappin in Iran

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostGambino6, on 16 April 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

i was thinking they should make Bulwark totem a passive ability for enhance

they've tried both of those and removed them once before, don't think they'll re introduce them

why am i the only one who feels enhance is pretty strong right now in terms of damage..if you want sustained damage use EB over Unleash.

enhance not having defensives is nothing new, we're getting a 10% dmg decrease from LS, which is pretty good..beggars cant be choosers

Edited by Thugeenocktopus, 17 April 2013 - 01:01 AM.

Posted Image

#3 lilpe

lilpe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

So recently after rerolling my enhance the last few weeks I have noticed quite a few flaws with them and how blizzard is taking the wrong steps with them in 5.3 giving us more burst which isn't needed.

1.)  Capacitor totem is pretty shitty vs good teams, any good team i have qued into will kill it almost everytime and its our only controlled stun outside of primal elementalist which is pretty weak.  

To fix this they could possibly add more HP or possibly rework the totem to be like balance druids mushrooms where you can place the totem and detonate it when you want.

2.) Spirit Wolves - This is one of the shittiest abilitys i have seen, 2 minute cool down  they hit for 800-1900 and the heal from the is almost unnoticeable, i don't even think they have been scaled since cata tbh.

I think they should give us the wolves stun back, buff there damage by 100% aswell as the healing for them because atm there only good use is when stormlash is up for the extra damage.

3.) As everyone is aware enhances defensive's are quite weak, i was thinking they should make Bulwark totem a passive ability for enhance, It could solve some problems with our defensive's if we could have that, sham rage and natures guardian.

As far as 5.3 looks there buffing our burst even more which we really don't need, we need more damage outside of our ascendance.

I agree enhancement needs some big changes, but it aint there the problem is.

Cap totem - Nice spell, not to noob friendly. Wich makes the spell fun to use, alittle different from all the other totems and so on. That people can kill it is only good. That can also increase ur skillcap/awareness, using it behind pillar, moving it to the place u want, cc someone else then land your stun on them as a follow up. You get the drift, cc is fine, and there is a way for enemy to stop the cc being landed. Like you can stop a polymorph with an interrupt.

The spirit wolves is very shit indeed. In wotlk and cata they were more of a main cd being used. This due to the spirit walk the wolves would provide you with back then and the controlled pet stun. The capacitor totem is 45 sec, wolves with stun was 2 min back then. And  capacitor stun last twice the durotation.

The damage and healing they provide is okey. Its like a dot on the target, some little extra damage over time. In wotlk and cata they were more of a main dps cooldown. Now they provided us with ascendance, and more damage on generally spells and attacks.
And personally i preffer it this way.

The stone bulwark. Ye it be nice have it passive, but i think it would be to good. Keep in mind we get 10% less dmg taken when using lightning shield in 5.3. That will be more then enough.

Glyph of sham rage passive? No. But they should fix on the glyph, As you can dispell deep freeze, hoj'es, but not repentance/trap/ROF and so on. Maybe they could add a few spells in there.

My opions:

Reduce the cooldown on spiritwalk more. make it a 20 sec cd. And reduce the mana cost of our abilities, so we can improvise more. Hardcasting heals is impossible this days and they only heal for 20k and you can get off 2-3 hardcasted heals before your oom.

25% healing reduction on stormstrike  should of been implemented loooong time ago!

And if they could reduce the cooldown of hex to 20 second, maybe tune down the cooldown on windshear to make them like the annoying pricks enhancement has always been ! :)
http://www.twitch.tv/lilpelilpe streaming arenas on daily basis. Dont forget to click follow
http://www.youtube.com/lilpelilpe just started to fraps arenas

#4 TacticMq

TacticMq
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2484
  • 5v5: 2338
  • RBG: 1476

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

And if they could reduce the cooldown of hex to 20 second, maybe tune down the cooldown on windshear to make them like the annoying pricks enhancement has always been ! :)

I miss this so much, I want it back! Kick heal, caster tries to juke next one, wind shear off CD again.

#5 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1470
  • 3v3: 2151
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

After seeing the buffs that are coming to enhance damage I decided to dust mine off and go ahead and get it ready for 5.3. It is definitely the most fun and rewarding spec to play in my opinion but in terms of spec and comp viability we're coming up a little bit short. To really make enhancement a viable spec there are a few changes that I would like to see made, as well as a few changes I would make myself.

I think to make enhance more viable we need the following:
Some sort of protection on hex dispel, nearly every good comp has double decurse so our only cc doesn't stick. Considering its 8s on 45s cd I don't think it would cause too many problems.

We have laughable off heals. We can heal like two or three times for 20k each and we're oom, kind of a joke compared to boomkins and shadow priests.

Enhancement has always been a disrupt style spec of some form or another, but a 12s cd on shears makes it kind of hard to disrupt people, maybe 8s cd with 1s lockout would be better as opposed to 12 and 4.

I personally think that enhancement only should get double dispel on purge, this added so much to our utility. Being forced to purge twice as much hurts our damage a lot.

I'm terms of abilities to make the spec better we don't really need any more offensive utility or burst, however we need some help in the defense department. I was thinking we could use:

A thorns style effect defensive cool down. Like perhaps we could have a lava shield with a 2 min cd that reflects 50% damage back at attackers. This would be a purely reactive defensive spell, which are in my opinion what's best for the game in terms of defensive CDs.

I would really like to see enhance bring something special to the table too because if you think about it, we are basically a weaker version of a bm hunter with less damage, cc, and the extra trinket. I think the old school windfury totem would be  seriously cool thing to bring back. Nothing like two melee windfurying people IMO.

#6 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

View Postlilpe, on 19 April 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

I agree enhancement needs some big changes, but it aint there the problem is.

Cap totem - Nice spell, not to noob friendly. Wich makes the spell fun to use, alittle different from all the other totems and so on. That people can kill it is only good. That can also increase ur skillcap/awareness, using it behind pillar, moving it to the place u want, cc someone else then land your stun on them as a follow up. You get the drift, cc is fine, and there is a way for enemy to stop the cc being landed. Like you can stop a polymorph with an interrupt.

The spirit wolves is very shit indeed. In wotlk and cata they were more of a main cd being used. This due to the spirit walk the wolves would provide you with back then and the controlled pet stun. The capacitor totem is 45 sec, wolves with stun was 2 min back then. And  capacitor stun last twice the durotation.

The damage and healing they provide is okey. Its like a dot on the target, some little extra damage over time. In wotlk and cata they were more of a main dps cooldown. Now they provided us with ascendance, and more damage on generally spells and attacks.
And personally i preffer it this way.

The stone bulwark. Ye it be nice have it passive, but i think it would be to good. Keep in mind we get 10% less dmg taken when using lightning shield in 5.3. That will be more then enough.

Glyph of sham rage passive? No. But they should fix on the glyph, As you can dispell deep freeze, hoj'es, but not repentance/trap/ROF and so on. Maybe they could add a few spells in there.

My opions:

Reduce the cooldown on spiritwalk more. make it a 20 sec cd. And reduce the mana cost of our abilities, so we can improvise more. Hardcasting heals is impossible this days and they only heal for 20k and you can get off 2-3 hardcasted heals before your oom.

25% healing reduction on stormstrike  should of been implemented loooong time ago!

I'm still not sold on wolves, if anything they should atleast make it a 1 minute CD, 2 minutes for something that almost isnt even worth the GCD, they deff havn't been scaled since cata
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#7 Doomnatrah

Doomnatrah
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1341

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

double purge should be available to enhance and elemental...There is alot of similarities in the 2 specs that needs change....shocks on seperate cds, glyphs cleaned up a bit etc...

#8 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

I think the wolves have been hitting for the same amount since wotlk.

#9 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1565
  • 3v3: 2279
  • RBG: 192

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Maybe someday blizzard will just balance the game around Enhance Shamans and we can all have a good time.
Posted Image

#10 lilpe

lilpe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

Purge - 2 dispell has always been a wonderful thing, and they did nerf it because of resto shamans in general. However, you end up only purging as its such a strong and powerful spell. Now when its only 1 magical effect u will consider wether to purge a target clean or do some damage. This is overall a good change, 2 dispels on purge was simply to good. ( VERY fun tho )

The wolves is not doing any good damage nope, however you do not need damage buffs. Our sustainable damage is very good. Problem is utility for the uptime compared to other melee classes.

Shocks on seperate cooldowns? I think this would be to good and give us to much spells to choose from considering the GCD's.

When it comes to the feral spirits. You could make them like a water ele, always being up/and u can summon them again if someone kills them.  But on the other hand, could be too good.

To be frank, i am happy with how enhancement is nowadays, i can totally agree i miss the double purge. It is the most powerful spell enhancement has been having. But i doubt it will go live again, considering how strong it is and that it started as 2 then went to 1 then back to 2 and now back to 1 magical effect. So think its a closed topic on wether to get it back or not when it comes to the developers.

Blizzard will focus on enhancement once more people start to play it + stream it, make videoes of it and so on. Right now it is just to few people playing it to open blizzards eye on whats good and bad with the specc.
http://www.twitch.tv/lilpelilpe streaming arenas on daily basis. Dont forget to click follow

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

man when enhance go starwars you die anwyays, you dont even need this stuff.

kenetich lasers yolo starwars 40melee range stomp you anyday

#12 TacticMq

TacticMq
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2484
  • 5v5: 2338
  • RBG: 1476

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

View PostZerlog, on 21 April 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

when enhance go starwars

Im gonna start saying that when I pop ascendance, "going starwars, seeeeeeeeeeeya".

#13 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1565
  • 3v3: 2279
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

View PostTacticMq, on 21 April 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

Im gonna start saying that when I pop ascendance, "going starwars, seeeeeeeeeeeya".

Posted Image

#14 Baht

Baht
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

i feel like enhancement is gonna be in a pretty good spot if not OP in 5.3. you get the survivability you need from the lightning shield glyph cause that enables you to gem half resilience/half pvp power while still getting more survivability in addition to a lot bigger heals cause of the extra pvp power+how pvp power is gonna scale with heals and more dmg. most of your suggestions would make enhancement over the top imo and would gut ele unless applied to ele as well which would make ele op as fuck come 5.3. i agree you dont need dmg buffs though. I feel like if they removed the dmg buffs enhancement would be one of the most balanced specs in the game in 5.3 tbh.

#15 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

Personally, i would just love to be able to cast totems while silenced. It hurts my playstyle so much :(

Everything else feels fine, i think actually, enhance is the most balanced class in game, really strong burst CD, but counterable, good mobility, but counterable, decent utility (against casters) but weaker against melee.

If only every class would have a downside :)
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#16 Thugeenocktopus

Thugeenocktopus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2400
  • LocationTrappin in Iran

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

the main enhance spell that needs to be nerfed is rogue

Posted Image

#17 Taoth

Taoth
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

The main problem with Enhancement is that their toolset was designed for WotLK and hasn't changed even though the rest of the game has. Enhancement was designed as a chasing melee that focused on spell cast disruption and winning through sustained pressure and HoT removal through purge.

The problem though is that our spell cast disruption has been thoroughly neutralized by the proliferation of instant cast spells throughout the game. Before, we could interrupt a 1.5 sec heal cast when a kill target was at 30% and that was a big deal. Nowadays however it doesn't matter because most of the healers have 3+ instant heal spells that all heal for significant amounts, and can crit for a 50+% heal on their own. Sustained does not win games anymore.

Enhancement's offensive contributions consist of a 3 min burst cd that is strong, sustained damage that is average, and a longish CD CC that can be dispelled by a large amount of classes. That is it. Double purge is what Enhancement had in place of other classes' MS debuffs/Necrotic/etc. Purge counted as offensive pressure because it removed future healing and forced healers to actually cast spells which could then be shortly interrupted. This is why Enhancement was relegated to a single comp in Cata that required elite players on all 3 classes in order to even be competitive, because without double purge Enhancement was purely a damage machine that wasn't particularly effective at it compared to other classes.

Most of the class utility nerfs like Grounding Totem, Wind Shear, Purge, etc, have all been because those utlity spells were too powerful for Resto combined with their healing capabilities. None of those tools were ever really complained about on the dps specs. Yet instead of using the specialization system to keep those nerfs where they were needed, they did it class wide, causing much collateral damage to the other specs. Double Purge on Resto was too strong, but for Enhance and Elemental it was a significant offensive tool that they sacrifice damage for (via GCD time etc). Think about other casters and melee and what they provide other than pure damage, and then realize that without Purge both Enhance and Elemental only provide, offensively, damage.

The 5.3 changes will help Enhancement's predicaments decently, as we've always been the worst amongst all melee at survivability and the damage boosts to our active use abilities will help push our damage up to help keep up with the other classes. However the 5.3 changes aren't all that are needed to make Enhancement versatile in more than a few comps.

What I believe Enhance needs is the following:

Double Purge for Enhancement and Elemental, but double its mana costs as well. Dispelling 2 spells will thus cost us the same mana, but saves on Enhancement's primary resource: our GCDs. While 2 spell purge facilitates "cleaning", this is the offensive contribution Enhance offers instead of a Necrotic/MS/etc, and overusing it at the higher mana cost can run the Shaman OOM.

Lower the CD on Wind Shear for Enhancement and Elemental down to at least 10 seconds, preferably 8 seconds.

Bake in the Healing Storm glyph into the spec as a passive specialization buff. There are lots of quality glyphs that Enhance can use and switch out for different situations, but Healing Storm is not one of those, it is a required glyph to use at all times, because without it our off-heals are terrible.

Lower the CD of Spirit Walk down to at least 40 seconds and add a 3-5 second slow (but not root) immunity so that our only mobility spell is not immeidately countered by slow spam (since practically every class now has a slow). Nothing is more frustrating than popping a minute CD only to have it negated by a Rogue's autoattacks before you can move half a foot. This also allows the glyph to lower it to 30 seconds for vs those comps where lots of slow breakers is needed.

Change Shamanistic Rage to an ability and not a spell, thus allowing it to be used while Silence. Literally all Enhancement survivability can be blocked by silence, something that shouldn't be possible.

Change Elemental Blast to instant cast or 0.5 sec cast for Enhancement only. Without having to compete for Maelstrom stacks with our support heals and hex, Elemental Blast would be a strong addition to Enhancement's rotation, becoming a true talent choice of reliable damage from burst via Elemental Blast vs reliable damage from sustained damage + utility via Unleashed Fury. As it is Ele Blast isn't viable for Enhance because you have to sacrifice Maelstroms to cast it and those aren't reliable for it, and thus it is simply better to get what extra damage that you can from UF instead of hoping you'll get enough extra dmg from Blast vs Lightning Bolts you'd normally cast to be worth it.

And last would not be specific to Enhance, but allow 100% PvP power to all hybrid heals, however increase the mana cost of all the healing spells for non healers to be the same % of their mana bars as it is for Enhance. I have no problem with Shadow Priests being able to spam heals in times of emergencies, but the problem is that it is so cheap for them that they can do it all game without cost. Enhancement can only cast 6 Healing Surges before running themselves OOM from a full mana bar, so outside of Maelstrom heals (which are as said situational) it is a real choice to decide to stop and throw some support heals at the cost of mana. If a Shadow Priest could only throw a couple flash heals/poms before OOMing themselves, it would return that support healing to times of need instead of simply being the omnipresent powerhouse "2nd healer" that it is today.

Edited by Taoth, 21 April 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#18 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

The problem with double mana cost for ele is that casters never go oom. I dont think so that would be a too high costs for them.
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#19 lilpe

lilpe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Exactly what you said taowth ! :)  

Tho i dont agree about the elemental blast being instant for enhancement. That would just be to good

#20 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1793
  • 3v3: 2339

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

I personally feel like cap totem just needs to be made less shitty.

The rest of our problems are simply problems with other classes. Hunters are out of whack, rogues are stupidly impossible to control and spriest are being taken down a few notches.

That and hex sucks too. I'd like hex's cooldown to reduced every time I cast a lightning bolt / elemental blast. This accomplishes two things, makes elemental blast more attractive for PvP and makes us choose between offensive pressure (CC/Damage) and defensive.. whatever (heals).

Healing Storm glyph is WAY too mandatory and wolves are the weakest junk, most of their pressure is just from their looks truthfully (People seem to have not forgotten WOTLK and freak out).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<