Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

wat
Posted Image

#82 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostForumz, on 20 April 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

I really don't want to be that guy, but why didn't god protect everyone else as well then?

I think what happened is horrible and the ones responsible need a lifetime of punishment, but I never understand why people who survived, or know someone who survived, bring god into it. Why would god protect you and not everyone else. Why do these people feel entitled to being saved, and the others were not entitled to the same for some reason?

wow what a retard
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#83 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/0/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2705
  • 3v3: 2210
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Nice answer to my question.
Posted Image

#84 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Bstick, did you hear the dad, mom and aunt give their press conferences? All of them were convinced it was a conspiracy because the kids were Chechan. Dad said that his kids called and said they were never even at the marathon, despite the video proof that they were there. Although it's 99.9999999% sure that they're the bombers at this point (what kind of innocent guy hijacks a car and runs from the cops while hurling explosives out of the window?), telling someone that you just plain weren't at the event when you were seen in dozens of photos is just absurd. And of course they all believed it.
Posted Image

#85 droolingmoron

droolingmoron
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

this shit was all over the news in europe too, as if there wasn't anything more important than new developments in this witchhunt. sad world
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.

L.W.

#86 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

View Postdroolingmoron, on 20 April 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

this shit was all over the news in europe too, as if there wasn't anything more important than new developments in this witchhunt. sad world

It's because of shock. Nothing else that happened this week was as shocking or captivating. Yes, there was an 8.0 earthquake near Iran (lol Israel made a machine that can create earthquakes!) and yes there was another one somewhere (I forget), there was a suicide bomb in Iraq and a factory blew up in Texas. However, a factory that had a large store of explosives exploding is not an incredible circumstance. Same goes for another bombing in Iraq. I agree that the earthquakes should have gotten more coverage, but to an extent (despite their enormous size), earthquakes happen a lot.

The Boston bombing was on a state holiday at an event that captivates the city (and really the world, 26 nations were represented) every year. It's a peaceful event that brings people together and someone did something horrific to it, injuring close to 200 people. Yes, the injury/death toll wasn't outrageously great, but the psychological toll it took on the city was pretty massive. Then, days later, you see the city rally together to work along with law enforcement to catch this bastard. Despite how dreadful it started, it's a pretty heartwarming (maybe bittersweet is a better term) story about a city rallying together in a time of crisis and employing one the most truly respected values of America: our determination to be governed as a society of laws and justice.
Posted Image

#87 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostKelustu, on 20 April 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

one the most truly respected values of America: our determination to be governed as a society of laws and justice.
Posted Image
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#88 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Not sure what that gif is even supposed to mean, but that is truly one of the values that America has always attempted to define itself by. Despite what you or other countries think of our international policies, domestic policies, leaders and well just about everything that happens in this country, the whole "society based on laws and justice" thing seems to hold up worldwide. And yeah, there's a case once or twice a year of someone being the victim of a horrible injustice, but considering the size of our country it would be absurd to not expect a few exceptions.
Posted Image

#89 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Posted Image

#90 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/0/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2705
  • 3v3: 2210
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostKelustu, on 20 April 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

"society based on laws and justice"

Except for black people and prisoners locked away at Guantanamo without any form of lawsuit.

(Not trying to turn this into another eu/us thing, I hate that shit just as much as the next guy. Just pointing out that the view you're preaching does not really work. It doesn't work in any country in the world, for that matter)
Posted Image

#91 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

View PostForumz, on 20 April 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

Except for black people and prisoners locked away at Guantanamo without any form of lawsuit.

(Not trying to turn this into another eu/us thing, I hate that shit just as much as the next guy. Just pointing out that the view you're preaching does not really work. It doesn't work in any country in the world, for that matter)

lol if you actually believe this

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#92 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

View PostForumz, on 20 April 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

Do you know the difference between de facto and de jure? De facto is basically something that exists just as a happenstance of reality. De jure is by law. Black people in modern America are impoverished and have a higher rate of incarceration because crimes increase with poverty rating (or crimes are inversely proportional to wealth). Essentially, there is de facto segregation of black Americans which leads to increased crime which leads to increased prison sentences.

Gitmo is its own whole thing, and if you really think we don't give them any form of justice I suggest you read up on Boumediene v Bush, Hamdi v Rumsfeld and Hamdan v Rumsfeld. Three major Gitmo cases involving rights of Gitmo prisoners to sue the government. They won each time.
Posted Image

#93 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

Also, I didn't mention earlier that part of the reason that the Boston Bomber case caught the worlds attention is the fact that someone was on the loose. Earthquakes, factory explosions and suicide bombings do not leave someone out there that is guilty, as horrible as they are.
Posted Image

#94 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

...meep
                            /  \      __
.---.                  _   /   /   _.~  \
\    `.               / \ /   /.-~    __/
`\    \              |  |   |/    .-~ __
  \    \             |  |   |   .'--~~  \
   \    \            |  |   `  ' _______/
    \    \           |  `        /
.--. \    \          |    `     /
\   `.\    \          \        /
`\   \     \          `\     (
   \   \     \           > ,-.-.
    \   `.    \         /  |  \ \
     \    .    \       /___| O |O\     ,
  .-. \    ;    |    /`    `^-.\.-'`--'/
  \  `;         |   |                 /
   `\  \        |   `.     `--..____,'
     \  `.      |     `._     _.-'^
      \   .     /         `|`|`        
    .-.\       /           | |
    \  `\     /            | |
     `\  `   |             | |
       \     |             | |
      .-.    |             | |
      \  `.   \            | |
       `\      \           | |
         \      \          | |
          \_____ :-'~~~~~'-' ;
          /____;``-.         :
         <____(     `.       ;
           \___\     ;     .'
              /``--'~___.-'
             /\___/^/__/
            /   /' /`/'
            \  \   `\ \
             `\ \    \ \
               \ \    \ \
                \ \    \ \
                 \ \    \ \     ______
                  \ \ ___\ \'~``______)>
             jgs   \ \___ _______ __)>
               _____\ \'~``______)>
             <(_______.._______)>

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#95 droolingmoron

droolingmoron
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostKelustu, on 20 April 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

It's because of shock. Nothing else that happened this week was as shocking or captivating.
no its because of sensation mongering and voyeurism. it's because most people still love a good old witchhunt. personally i believe the human psyche hasn't developed much since the middle ages.
and lets not forget that this enormous effort was partly undertaken because the us government wants to draw away attention from the fact that the marathon security and police acted carelessly and foolishly to let this happen in the first place.
but most importantly it shows that despite all of the usas security measures  and their outrageous terrorist prevention system they are still very, very vulnerable. two kids that supposedly acted on their own can make the whole nation hold their breath for several days. this is an invitation for future terrorists and personally i'll try to avoid visiting the us for the next few months. there are enough nutcases over there, and this excessive coverage is just encouraging them. stupid media, stupid world.

Edited by droolingmoron, 21 April 2013 - 12:27 PM.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.

L.W.

#96 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

View Postdroolingmoron, on 21 April 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

no its because of sensation mongering and voyeurism. it's because most people still love a good old witchhunt. personally i believe the human psyche hasn't developed much since the middle ages.
and lets not forget that this enormous effort was partly undertaken because the us government wants to draw away attention from the fact that the marathon security and police acted carelessly and foolishly to let this happen in the first place.
but most importantly it shows that despite all of the usas security measures  and their outrageous terrorist prevention system they are still very, very vulnerable. two kids that supposedly acted on their own can make the whole nation hold their breath for several days. this is an invitation for future terrorists and personally i'll try to avoid visiting the us for the next few months. there are enough nutcases over there, and this excessive coverage is just encouraging them. stupid media, stupid world.

Edited by droolingmoron, Today, 01:27 PM.
Posted Image

#97 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

big pwn

#98 Envenom.

Envenom.
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostBreadstick, on 20 April 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

wat

#99 huurka

huurka
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 0/././././.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

View Postdroolingmoron, on 21 April 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

87% of transpeople who are murdered are people of color. people of color tend to live in cities rather than liberal white suburbs. 25% of mtf are black, 27% hispanic. about 20% are homeless. you probably wouldn't know this, because your cracker liberal parents fled the city back in the 60s because they were afraid of seeing people who weren't white walking around.

#100 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

Alex Jones is nuts, but this story was pretty fishy.

The criminal profile was/is completely fucked and didn't make any sense.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<