huurka
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

View Postwrathebe, on 16 April 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

I like how half of OT was making jokes about the norwegian massmurderer, but once something happens in the US,

well, God better bless America.

Spoiler
good point

#43 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

View Postwrathebe, on 16 April 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

I like how half of OT was making jokes about the norwegian massmurderer, but once something happens in the US,

well, God better bless America.

Spoiler

I specifically remember myself speaking out against that shit.  On AJ, in OT.  And a few people were all "hurrrr calm down" or whatever.  I wasn't a moderator then so I couldn't hide the obvious, disgusting bullshit.  That's why.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#44 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostMatisse, on 16 April 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Also, 'Reports suggest explosives and shrapnel (nails, etc.) placed in pressure cookers, then hidden in duffel bags near finish line.'

Unfortunately yes, I read earlier that how to make that specific type of bomb was posted in an Al Qeada magazine called how to make a bomb from the kitchen of your mom

#45 wrathebe

wrathebe
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/1/.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

View Posthuurka, on 16 April 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

good point

It's kind of always been like this, I guess.
"Shit, they mess with my country?? FUCKING SCUMBAGS."
It's like, people think their country is this sportsteam they're playing on.

View PostSykeasaurus, on 16 April 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

I specifically remember myself speaking out against that shit.  On AJ, in OT.  And a few people were all "hurrrr calm down" or whatever.  I wasn't a moderator then so I couldn't hide the obvious, disgusting bullshit.  That's why.

I just don't find it funny, that someone can kill or mutilate people just because they feel like it - without even flinching.

#46 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/./.
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Removed quote to be consistent.

My heart goes out to everyone hurt but that doesn't mean you can't make light of a terrible situation, there's no need to hand me an infraction for making a joke when I have good friends that live in Boston and were even volunteering for the race. I can't stand that this happened but that doesn't mean I'm going to post on here crying about it - we move on, that's what we do best as Americans

Jesus christ

Edited by Sykeasaurus, 18 April 2013 - 02:52 AM.
Removed quote to be consistent.

"Keep the fire alive inside you." - Baron X.
Soundcloud.com/BaronX
Facebook.com/BaronXOfficial
YouTube.com/BaronXOfficial
Twitter.com/BaronXOfficial
Coming Soon: BaronXOfficial.com

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image

#47 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

im yet to understand why/how this event qualified for the making of a thread
Posted Image

#48 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Well, this is headed downhill.

#49 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

View Postwrathebe, on 17 April 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

It's kind of always been like this, I guess.
"Shit, they mess with my country?? FUCKING SCUMBAGS."
It's like, people think their country is this sportsteam they're playing on.

I just don't find it funny, that someone can kill or mutilate people just because they feel like it - without even flinching.

Yeah I don't find it funny.

bk said:

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

#50 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

I had a relevant story from a classmate today I figured you might want to hear (warning, depressing). First off, this was virtually on my campus, I heard the bombs as they went off and we got some pretty immediate emails from the school telling us to stay inside and on campus. We had a bunch of people freaking out all day, trying to make this about themselves personally, etc.

Anyways, get to class yesterday and we were all talking about anyone we know that was involved. One of my classmates went to high school with one of the girls that was killed by the initial blast. Before she went out to the marathon, she gave her friend her wallet as her running shorts had no pockets. She and her friend are close by when the bombs hit at 2:50, both at the finish line pretty damn close to the epicenter. She dies on impact and her friend is mangled beyond belief; paramedics take her friend to the hospital identifying her by the wallet that belongs to the now deceased friend. The hospital performs surgery on her throughout the night (eight major surgeries) and calls the family to let them know that their daughter is going to be okay, though she will never fully recover. The family spends all night in the E.R. waiting for her to wake up, only for the nursing staff to discover (while filing insurance forms) that the family and the girl are not related. The doctor is notified while telling the family that their daughter is going to be okay, leaves for a minute and comes back with a priest to tell them that they'd misidentified the daughter and that their daughter was dead on arrival.

Easily one of the saddest stories I've ever heard.
Posted Image

#51 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

View PostKelustu, on 18 April 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

I had a relevant story from a classmate today I figured you might want to hear (warning, depressing). First off, this was virtually on my campus, I heard the bombs as they went off and we got some pretty immediate emails from the school telling us to stay inside and on campus. We had a bunch of people freaking out all day, trying to make this about themselves personally, etc.

Anyways, get to class yesterday and we were all talking about anyone we know that was involved. One of my classmates went to high school with one of the girls that was killed by the initial blast. Before she went out to the marathon, she gave her friend her wallet as her running shorts had no pockets. She and her friend are close by when the bombs hit at 2:50, both at the finish line pretty damn close to the epicenter. She dies on impact and her friend is mangled beyond belief; paramedics take her friend to the hospital identifying her by the wallet that belongs to the now deceased friend. The hospital performs surgery on her throughout the night (eight major surgeries) and calls the family to let them know that their daughter is going to be okay, though she will never fully recover. The family spends all night in the E.R. waiting for her to wake up, only for the nursing staff to discover (while filing insurance forms) that the family and the girl are not related. The doctor is notified while telling the family that their daughter is going to be okay, leaves for a minute and comes back with a priest to tell them that they'd misidentified the daughter and that their daughter was dead on arrival.

wow that's fucking tragic
s a d b o y s

#52 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:48 AM

That's absolutely terrible, I can't believe someone would do something like this. You can't kill innocent people and tell yourself you're a good person because you didn't like them. That's the same reason I don't support our war on terror beyond aid - how many people do you think would want to kill us if we weren't literally the greediest and most financially vicious nations in the history of the Earth.

We need to stop being such douche bags as a country and focus more on doing well by our citizens and by the world. We shouldn't be a nation created to fuel the rich and powerful.

That said, I want whoever is responsible for this to pay.

Edited by bareblar03, 18 April 2013 - 03:49 AM.

Soundcloud.com/BaronX

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image

#53 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Damn dude I cannot imagine that.  I can only sympathize with that.  Going through of a roller coaster of emotions all day to finally receive what you think is good news, maybe you're feeling better and then it's just snatched away from you.  That blows.

Do YOU know anyone personally that was involved, aside from the above story?

bk said:

Insight said:

#54 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 18 April 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

Damn dude I cannot imagine that.  I can only sympathize with that.  Going through of a roller coaster of emotions all day to finally receive what you think is good news, maybe you're feeling better and then it's just snatched away from you.  That blows.

My exgirlfriend works as a CVS pharmacist, she happened to be home for the weekend because she went to see her sister in New York nearby where I live instead of being in Boston. She probably would have volunteered to help hand out water or something if not for that and might have been one of the hundreds injured by that twisted and sadistic bastard that set those bombs.

Soundcloud.com/BaronX

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image

#55 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 18 April 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

A friend was in the hospital for minor bruising. The bomb was set off about 4 hours into the marathon, which is not a particularly fast time. All of my friends being college students/in shape were long done.
Posted Image

#56 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 18 April 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

Yea those situations are always surreal thinking, "wow I could've died/been seriously injured."  Feel like I read a few of 'em when 9/11 happened.  Some people breaking their normal routine for a really random reason and not ending up on the planes that day, etc.  It's scary a bit

Another kid in the class had a roommate running the race. Roommate was a fat slob, super out of shape, on track to be at the finish line right around the bomb timing. He had left his phone in the room before going to the race, thank fucking god the kid blacked out at mile 18 out of 24. No one could contact him, he waltzed home the next day with absolutely no idea what had happened (because of the chaos and how far back he was, he ended up asleep in the road for a few hours) and like eight hundred missed calls. No one was around because everyone was checking hospitals for him.
Posted Image

#57 wrathebe

wrathebe
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

View Postfmlhonestly, on 18 April 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

lol'd
I'm pretty sure I saw you and some other dudes making jokes about breivik on some other thread a while back. you're a hypocrite

No, I don't find it funny, and that was some members from TEAM SWE which I was a part of on Outland (chrille, heaton, chromix etc), we had the same forum signatures.

#58 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Posted Image

View Postfmlhonestly, on 18 April 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

hypocrite.

[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#59 wrathebe

wrathebe
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

View Postfmlhonestly, on 18 April 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

it wasnt a forum signature, some guy was posting various breivik pictures and alot of people including you was laughing about it so you're still a hypocrite.

I sincerely doubt that, because I don't think it's funny.

#60 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

View Postbareblar03, on 18 April 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

It isn't a big deal for me and it shouldn't be a big deal for him to remove. I was just saying I had screenshots in case things get worse because I'm not going to take this sitting down. I did nothing wrong and I won't take a punishment I didn't earn. I have a long track record of decency and maintaining a level of intellect and this is just insulting especially when I was very nearly personally affected.

reported
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<