• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Haunt now refunds a Soul Shard when it is dispelled.

BLIZZ COMES WITH THE RESCUE. CLASS FIXED.

Nah, maybe it's too early to mock their decisions, but I'm quite positive they're not gonna do anything relevant about warlocks in 5.3, since they don't wanna change the way they work in PvE and there's simply no solution to fix the class without touching PvE. Taking their fixing rate in consideration, I suggest all the warlocks to reroll something OP then come back in ~S18. That's the way to go if you wanna succeed in PvP these days. You never know what you're gonna get in this game when you level a class. It might just randomly become useless for x seasons without being fixed; and the other way around, certain specs just stay overpowered for years.
Sad game.

Edited by duskfallx, 15 April 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#2 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

the haunt change is decent, siphon life heals for more now too

#3 Breez

Breez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1452
  • 3v3: 2695
  • 5v5: 863
  • RBG: 2070

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Haha that change is so fucking useless, pretty sure its not final notes about warlock pvp, but if it took them that long to make this 1 change means that they have no ideas how to fix class and not gonna basically do anything, so we cant expect much. If they had any good ideas going there, we would see more changes at a time. Looks kinda hopeless to me.

Edited by Breez, 15 April 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#4 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

View Postmajorblood, on 15 April 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

the haunt change is decent, siphon life heals for more now too
nah, the changes don't do anything. it doesn't fix a thing.

#5 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

- haunt change is almost useless, they need to make UA give a shard if its dispelled.
- siphon life glyph change will give you around 800 more hps when corruption tick.

what blizz said about MG and SB:SS

Official Blizzard Quote:

Maelific G. and Haunt seem like they're too hard to design for pvp but they are perfect for pve. (Pt.2)
Agreed. This is the heart of the problem. SB:SS also means individual dots can't do that much damage in PvE, which hurts PvP. (Source)
But I should clarify that we generally like SB:SS in PvE. It's PvP where it hold Affliction back.

they are going to do some useless buff like 5.2 instead of fixing the real problem, blizzard developers aren't skilled enough to balance affliction in pvp, that's all i think

Edited by Salutations, 15 April 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#6 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Should've done it for UA, not Haunt. I remember suggesting this all the way back at MoP release.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#7 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostSalutations, on 15 April 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

- haunt change is almost useless, they need to make UA give a shard if its dispelled.
- siphon life glyph change will give you around 800 more hps when corruption tick.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Maelific G. and Haunt seem like they're too hard to design for pvp but they are perfect for pve. (Pt.2)
Agreed. This is the heart of the problem. SB:SS also means individual dots can't do that much damage in PvE, which hurts PvP. (Source)
But I should clarify that we generally like SB:SS in PvE. It's PvP where it hold Affliction back.

they are going to do some useless buff like 5.2 instead of fixing the real problem, blizzard developers aren't skilled enough to balance affliction in pvp, that's all i think
They are "skilled enough", they know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it, it would simply take too much class mechanic changing in the middle of everything, so I'm quite sure that won't happen.

#8 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostSalutations, on 15 April 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

Official Blizzard Quote:

Suggest a better fix for that particular problem in the blue post? It's not easy to fix without forcing them to redesign Affliction PvE completely and that's not worth it for them, especially after firing the guy who designed Warlocks in MoP in the first place. (Did a great job for PvE, by the way. Based on both personal experience and public feedback on official forums and MMO-C. He used to even post actively on MMO-C during MoP beta.)

I really wonder how that new system they used for the 8900 agility trinket works, though. If they can alter effects of spells depending on pve/pvp combat then there's a very fix here. It means dots and MG will have different numbers in pve/pvp, but at this point it won't surprise anybody.

#9 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

there are a lot of ways to fix affliction without changing game mechanics or affect pve, they are just lazy or doesn't care

#10 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostSalutations, on 15 April 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

there are a lot of ways to fix affliction without changing game mechanics or affect pve, they are just lazy or doesn't care
nah they're not lazy, it's dodgy to make DoTs hit more on players, so they definitely want to avoid that. Sadly, there's no other way to fix this problem. An idea could be adding a glyph which would only work against players. It'd have a chance to give a free Shadow Bolt (or haunt?), somethinig like an old, Cataclysm Nightfall mechanic. That could give us some more burst damage. Also dodgy though, not to mention the main problem is the DoTs hitting way too low.

Edited by duskfallx, 15 April 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#11 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

I also remember I had an idea to fix it via glyphs because we basically have a free major glyph for PvP. They could simply add a glyph that improves DoTs at the cost of MG damage, which mathematically doesn't work out as a DPS increase. (And make an exception for SB:SoC spread Corruption to not break Affliction AoE DPS in PvE.)

There's already an example of this in demonology - the imp swarm glyph. It's mandatory in PvP, but useless in PvE.

Edit: I renamed the thread so it doesn't look so odd in the last post bit at forum index. Hope you don't mind

#12 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

well fuck dragon slayers and let's hope they don't reproduce the same mistake next expansion for affli.

with the sp/bm nerf in 5.3, affli should be very playable as MLS i think but if they nerf mages :mellow:

Edited by Salutations, 15 April 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#13 Skenz

Skenz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

http://i.imgur.com/hHht5d3.png
finally some good news

Edited by Skenz, 15 April 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#14 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

How could we all forget about the set bonus? Beautiful solution lying on the surface.

Damn

#15 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

still a bunch of shit.

-that siphon life thing shouldnt be a glyph. we are the ONLY class who kills ourselves all game. it should be baseline.
-haunt refunding a shard doesnt address our dots doing no damage. even if they tick for their full duration with haunt, there is no damage going out.
-our dots still do absolutely no dmg. a "modest" increase is no where near enough.
-we still die super fucking easy but i could accept that if we could actually generate good pressure via casting (not channeling 1 dumb spell).

Edited by brosearch, 15 April 2013 - 09:54 PM.

#16 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

really curious bout the set bonus

#17 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostSalutations, on 15 April 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

Would you mind sharing these ways?  Things that would fix the class in a satisfying way without affecting PvE and/or changing game mechanics.

Blizzard definitely cares, and they're trying to come up with ways to help the class, within some understandable constraints.  I wish the constraints weren't there, but they are, so we can either bitch and moan or deal with it.  I'd be surprised if this Haunt change was the last change for us this patch.  I'm not saying I have full confidence that we'll be a great class next season, but you should be more careful when throwing around words like "lazy" or "don't care".  In fact, I'd say that calling them lazy is a pretty lazy way to disagree with what they are doing.  I think they've put enough information out there to suggest that it's a tricky problem for them to solve, given the constraints they're working under.

#18 Skenz

Skenz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostNadagast, on 15 April 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

Would you mind sharing these ways?  Things that would fix the class in a satisfying way without affecting PvE and/or changing game mechanics.

Blizzard definitely cares, and they're trying to come up with ways to help the class, within some understandable constraints.  I wish the constraints weren't there, but they are, so we can either bitch and moan or deal with it.  I'd be surprised if this Haunt change was the last change for us this patch.  I'm not saying I have full confidence that we'll be a great class next season, but you should be more careful when throwing around words like "lazy" or "don't care".  In fact, I'd say that calling them lazy is a pretty lazy way to disagree with what they are doing.  I think they've put enough information out there to suggest that it's a tricky problem for them to solve, given the constraints they're working under.
They can fix our survivability without affecting pve. Why dont they do that already ?

#19 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostSkenz, on 15 April 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

They can fix our survivability without affecting pve. Why dont they do that already ?
I'm not sure I agree with that actually...  I think survivability matters more than you might think in (especially high level) PvE.  But I'm not very knowledgeable about PvE and I could be wrong.  That aside, do you think survivability is our main problem?  I think our survivability is not that terrible, given that there is some disgustingly OP stuff out there (rogues, hunters, etc).

#20 Skenz

Skenz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostNadagast, on 15 April 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

I'm not sure I agree with that actually...  I think survivability matters more than you might think in (especially high level) PvE.  But I'm not very knowledgeable about PvE and I could be wrong.  That aside, do you think survivability is our main problem?  I think our survivability is not that terrible, given that there is some disgustingly OP stuff out there (rogues, hunters, etc).
You will see next patch with all those melee buffs and b-e + dalaran changes + gateway nerf. They will just sit on you the whole game and you will randomly die at some point.

Edited by Skenz, 15 April 2013 - 10:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<