• Curse Sites
Help

Nóliferqts MoP Frost Mage Guide for 5.2.

Frost Mage Guide Nóliferqt

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

[quote name='Dizzeeyo' timestamp='1366031551' post='3875605']

one more second where the target cant react with a shadowpriest hitting him for infinity insanity damage is worth more then an extra 30k icelance, but if you had read what i wrote at the top of my post instead of just linking the bottom, you would have seen that i agreed with you in a situation where the mages burst is the most important thing for landing a kill in a deep freeze
[/quote]

Pretty much this. I would add the fact that you wont be taking off the glyph; you are replacing it with something powerfull (I use Ice Lance).
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#22 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostCrawthz, on 15 April 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Pretty much this. I would add the fact that you wont be taking off the glyph; you are replacing it with something powerfull (I use Ice Lance).
and why would ice lance be powerful?hahah.Icelance glyph is only useful if u play with a lock , it sucks if u play shatterplay.

View PostDizzeeyo, on 15 April 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

one more second where the target cant react with a shadowpriest hitting him for infinity insanity damage is worth more then an extra 30k icelance, but if you had read what i wrote at the top of my post instead of just linking the bottom, you would have seen that i agreed with you in a situation where the mages burst is the most important thing for landing a kill in a deep freeze
So lets say that u face a wps as godcomp ok? u get a pom poly on the shaman , an ns clone on priest u deep+ orb + dp on war .Tell me why will the 1 sec more deep freeze duration will make u do more dmg on war .1 second more deep duration means prolly 1 more lance , which u couldve used if u had 1 fof for both deep and lance, and even if the deep ends the war will still die cuz he cant do anything about the insanity cast.I rly see no point in not picking glyph of deep rly. Its a mandatory glyph.

#23 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 15 April 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

and why would ice lance be powerful?hahah.Icelance glyph is only useful if u play with a lock , it sucks if u play shatterplay.So lets say that u face a wps as godcomp ok? u get a pom poly on the shaman , an ns clone on priest u deep+ orb + dp on war .Tell me why will the 1 sec more deep freeze duration will make u do more dmg on war .1 second more deep duration means prolly 1 more lance , which u couldve used if u had 1 fof for both deep and lance, and even if the deep ends the war will still die cuz he cant do anything about the insanity cast.I rly see no point in not picking glyph of deep rly. Its a mandatory glyph.
the warrior comes out of the 4 second deep at 30% and uses shield wall and survives, vs dying in the deep from an extra second of shadowpriest damage

but i dont think you will change your point of view anyway, so for the rest of the thread, and especially the people i presume this guide was aimed at, dont use deep freeze glyph if you normally use deep freeze for cc or if you play a comp that requires coordinated damage into a deepfreeze to get kills. if you play double healer mage or something, then its probably worth it to use it

oh and if you play fire or arcane, then glyph of deep is also worth it to make getting deeps off without fof procs :)

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#24 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 15 April 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

and why would ice lance be powerful?hahah.Icelance glyph is only useful if u play with a lock , it sucks if u play shatterplay.So lets say that u face a wps as godcomp ok? u get a pom poly on the shaman , an ns clone on priest u deep+ orb + dp on war .Tell me why will the 1 sec more deep freeze duration will make u do more dmg on war .1 second more deep duration means prolly 1 more lance , which u couldve used if u had 1 fof for both deep and lance, and even if the deep ends the war will still die cuz he cant do anything about the insanity cast.I rly see no point in not picking glyph of deep rly. Its a mandatory glyph.

only useful if you play with a lock? what? .. ice lance glyph is useful against any team that bunches up 90% of the time.. i use it vs KFC when the warrior + pet ride me and you can just kill the pet through ice lancing the warrior sometimes .. where did you get the idea that its only useful when playing with a lock?

mandatory? no not really .. depends on your play style / partners .. the warrior would have died in a full 5 second stun... that extra second not being able to do anything is what determines the game - how many times have you just wanted hypothermia to fall off and it had a second left on it? seconds matter..even if you use the deep for CC its still a 5 second CC into a 8 second poly followed up by whatever else comes from your partners.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#25 Batenx

Batenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2774
  • 3v3: 2765
  • RBG: 2206

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Definitely one of the top mages out there. Awesome guide!

A comeback for Sweboyx might not be totally out of the question...
Posted Image

#26 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

defo one of the top mages in MoP, worth checking out

#27 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostBatenx, on 15 April 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Definitely one of the top mages out there. Awesome guide!

View Postduskfallx, on 15 April 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

defo one of the top mages in MoP, worth checking out
maybe less copy paste compliments for your friend and more working on resto druid/warlock mop guides?:)

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#28 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 15 April 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

maybe less copy paste compliments for your friend and more working on resto druid/warlock mop guides? :)
If he wouldn't be good I wouldn't be saying it.
Warlock MoP guide? Listen to yourself :D

#29 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

View Postduskfallx, on 15 April 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

Warlock MoP guide? Listen to yourself :D
i dont think spending 15 or so mins to make a brief commentary on talents and macros etc similar to whats here would be completely out of the question?

#30 Batenx

Batenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2774
  • 3v3: 2765
  • RBG: 2206

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Druid MoP guide? Listen to yourself :D
Posted Image

#31 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 15 April 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

i dont think spending 15 or so mins to make a brief commentary on talents and macros etc similar to whats here would be completely out of the question?
nah, my point is Warlocks are quite awful right now, there's no reason to make a guide for a broken class :(

#32 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

View Postduskfallx, on 15 April 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

nah, my point is Warlocks are quite awful right now, there's no reason to make a guide for a broken class :(
i think we all know thats your point, you make it often enough :D my point was that, for those less experienced people that actually chose to play warlock, your opinions on which talents/macros are useful would probably be quite handy to them?

View PostBatenx, on 15 April 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Druid MoP guide? Listen to yourself :D
xD

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 15 April 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#33 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Why not?

#34 Eveny

Eveny
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Even in mop i would like to have a wlock since i used to play one on AT and they're alot of fun there but every time i have to level in pandaria i want to chop off a nut.
If you have problems understanding my post, don't assume something and hit the reply button but read it again.

#35 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I fixed the format a little bit: added [center] tags instead of space; edited the way target/focus arena123 macros are presented - I figure you wanted them to look as a table, but we can't do that here; capitalized all of your "i's"; removed dots after chapter titles; linkified your armory profile; added a link to Xandyn's guide.

Punctuation could use a bit of work, too, but I don't have the time right now. By the way, if you want to see formatting tags, click the toggle button on the top left of the editor - tags are easier to work with than the WYSIWYG editor, to be honest.

Also, you had a line with "Icy Veins + PvP on use trinket macro" (no macro followed). I guess you were going to post that macro as well, but forgot to. That was after the decurse macro.

I would have explained how I use every ability but I simply don't have the time at the moment. If I do make another guide later on, I will include that for sure.
You can always edit and improve this one.

If you make a huge update or there's any other reason the discussion in the thread becomes irrelevant, we can move it to a new thread. Contact me if you need anything.

Stickied.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#36 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Why isnt this Shawir guy banned yet. All he does is bash people and post dumb/retarded shit in every single thread with fanboys +repping him

Anyways awsome guide
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#37 vindz

vindz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1631
  • 3v3: 2442
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Well done! +rep

#38 nerfdx

nerfdx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Sick Guide, best mage world!

#39 joaq

joaq
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination
  • Locationthe pits of hell

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostYarmyxx, on 15 April 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

whats the point in running with block glyph?its like uve convinced urself that ur team sucks and ull be forced to block hahah. On a srs note tho , glyph of deep its the best glyph , u cant play without it , or u can but its so many++++++ if u use it.

most of the time my teammates suck yea. i like the 3sec immunity to all spells and a free nova, which can be used offensively too. but basically i gear/gem/glyph defensively because i play with scrubs all the time. block glyph seems to be good on rbg's too.

i did a fast armory check on 50 eu top 3v3 mages and top 4 glyphs are: armors, lance, poly, deep. glyph of armors was the clear consensus choice.

dont get fooled by my rogue avatar, im a 6 time glad on mage too. i did high lvl mage arenas last on s9 though playing rogue/rduid/mage to 2760. theres just not enough time when you have a full time job and a family, i just play with randoms for cap and concentrate on pve shit the rare times i can log to the game

#40 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

the only reason to use glyph of DF is for kills in dps
why? cuz you wanna do the max dmg in 4secs since the healer will be imp cs'd for 4s after this he is gonna get out of the cc and insta heal for 100000000

Edited by Coldizzle, 21 April 2013 - 11:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<