• Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Upper Bracket Final - Team Kajn (with Boetar) vs. Team Zeepeye from EU-Sylvanas now live: http://www.twitch.tv/tashyra

#23 Fuggan

Fuggan
  • Members
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hello Hilde and team!

Thanks for the stream today, I watched the whole thing from start to finish (while I was at work but shhh) and have to say I enjoyed it and will definitely watch again. You (especially) and the rest of the team have clearly put a lot of effort into making this work and I hope it grows into something really big. I watch quite a few tournament streams so I will give you my 2 penceworths below:

1.Commentators: I could tell that you two were pretty new to commentating together but you, I think, still worked together. I think it would work even better if you had one "main" commentator who commentates a lot about the match in general as to what's happening (the American chap Pawsz strikes me as being good at this) then, probably yourself, who would be more specific about the skills etc. that are/have been used and a bit about them. Generally this will come together over time and if you two keep commentating together, you'll naturally get better.

2.Camera person: On the whole, this was good. I would definitely recommend having the same person do this each time as it, I imagine, takes a lot of time to get used to. I think the more you do this the easier it will get and the camera person will get more used to predicting what's going to happen and be able to catch good footage of it.

3. Music: I know you have problems with the copyright laws in Germany which is annoying. Once the WoW music started I thought it added a lot to the stream already so I'd definitely keep that. Maybe switch it out for some more PvP orientated music. I don't personally care because I love it all! There are also some good YouTube copyright playlists that you can dig out, I can PM you a couple of channels if you like. (That track Tash played when you went to make coffee was epic, WTB link :D!)

4. Less time between games: Pretty self-explanatory but yeah. Partly down to the teams I guess, maybe you guys could do something else to keep the viewers interested during the breaks? Would be good to get maybe a 'special guest' each tournament who is skilled at a certain class and let the viewers ask him/her questions between games? I think that would be good fun and depending on who you get it could considerably inflate the viewer number. Maybe even some friendly chat/banter between the hosts in this period would add value.

5.Brackets: It would be good if the viewers could have constant access to the brackets to see who is still in and who is going to be playing who. Maybe you could have a bot that spams the chat with a link to a thread or whatever where the brackets will be updated.

6.UI: Something that could make it more professional is that if you could switch to like a screen with both hosts webcams between the games (maybe like on top of that screen which shows the next match coming up?) Rather than watch the person setup the options for the next game. Also, I couldn't see anywhere in the game which says what spec each person is playing? I also appreciate the fact there are only a few of you working on this, it would definitely be a lot easier to have a few other people with you to do graphics etc.

As I said, on the whole really enjoyed it and will watch again!

Gut gemacht! :D

P.S Tash; don't forget to change that stream! :wub:

~ Fuggan

#24 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for the awesome feedback Fuggan! We will talk about this as team.

Also congrats to Team Zeepeye for winning!

#25 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostFuggan, on 20 April 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Commentators: I could tell that you two were pretty new to commentating together but you, I think, still worked together. I think it would work even better if you had one "main" commentator who commentates a lot about the match in general as to what's happening (the American chap strikes me as being good at this) then, probably yourself, who would be more specific about the skills etc. that are/have been used and a bit about them. Generally this will come together over time and if you two keep commentating together, you'll naturally get better.
Thanks, never commentated before, but practice makes perfect.

#26 Fuggan

Fuggan
  • Members
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Really? For what it's worth i thought you would have. I guess it takes a lot to keep an eye on everyone at the same time!

And apologies for using 'the American chap' :P wasn't sure who it was.

#27 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

Videos are uploading now. In this playlist all will be added: http://www.youtube.c...iYR4MsPNL1&hd=1

#28 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

#29 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

The commentating was actually pretty good, seeing as Hildegard's main language is not even English like it is for Conrad and Azael and Pawz was actually good and active as well.

The organisation was actually pretty ok for a first tournament as well at least from my PoV from participating in it.

Overall, in my opinion it was a really fun and nice tournament to participate in.

I know there's no way I would've done a better job at organising a tournament for the first time even if I had all the contacts etc.

Edited by Virent, 22 April 2013 - 01:43 AM.

Posted Image

#30 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostPawzz, on 20 April 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

Thanks, never commentated before, but practice makes perfect.

I thought you did a great job too, especially considering it was the first time you've done it.

Well done to all of you anyway, I didn't get to watch it all from start to finish but from when I was watching it, it seemed to be going well, I think I heard at one point it was only 4 of you doing the entire thing? Isn't bad at all.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#31 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

It was a very small team, yes. At the start neither Hotted nor Pawzz (account hacked) were around at the beginning so I had to do a lot of the things solo. The team consisted of Tashira (camera), Toxicas (organization), Pawzz (casting), Hotted (casting - but came late and got ddosed shortly after), Secretly (send messages to the teams while playing himself) and me (casting, organisation, some tech stuff, graphics, PR, admin).

In addition we had last minute changes to the teams and got informations on some of the setups while the tournament was running. So I had to talk over mic, invite the teams, adjust the graphics and queue the games at the same time.

We read over the feedback very carefully and want to improve the next tournament. For example we want to manage the breaks better, deal with the graphics smarter (create all possible combinations early on), include music into the stream. Hardest part of the organization is the reliability of the people involved, players and team. Things like Boetar (or Samx) rage-quitting are super annoying as organizers.

At least only two people were ddosed during the tournament. One member of Team Secretly (resolved it) and Hotted, who stayed offline for 5 hours straight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<