Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

AJ podcast on YouTube - Vanguards, Thaya, Sykeasaurus and Hildegard


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2004
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

First Arena Junkies podcast with Vanguards, Sykeasaurus, Thaya and Hildegard. We discussed a lot of things (see below) all around Arena Junkies and World of Warcraft PvP.




We had some DDOS issues, but the show went well overall.

Included are also some shots of the BWC:Shanghai showing Vanguards, Rapture, Diziet, Reckful, Kollektiv, Venruki and Zunniyaki among others. They start around 10 minutes into the video.
  • Drama is ok to some extent, but things like showing private data, is racist or includes threads will of course be moderated. Also drama should be relevant not pointless. It's a fine line to walk.
  • Banning wintraders or DDOSers aren't banned because it's impossible for AJ moderators to confirm or deny these accusations. In the rare case that someone admits to wintrading or DDOSing they will banned. Skype logs and screenshots can easily be photoshoped.
  • Decision about the Junkie status has not been made, yet. Rating inflation will play a huge role and AJ wants to look how it turns out. The class forums will however be accessible for everyone most likely. Also people like Lazerchicken (Moonkin guide) and Vadrak (Tournament UI) that provide quality content are considered to be given Junkie status manually even if they don't meet the requirements. Changes have to be made carefully starting with the class forums and promoting the Waiting Room first.
  • If you meet the requirements for Junkie status and don't have it, yet - post in this thread under Site Feedback and Vanguards will promote you within a few days.
  • AJ wants to provide player incentive over monetary incentives for content. People who want to be make content should be able to make it. Arena Junkies is a stage where you can make yourself a name. So getting promoted here is helping with video and stream views and this is a way AJ can help with monetization. Adding a paypal button to user profile pages is considered but it won't be done in the immediate future.
  • Outdated things will be removed over time. Vanguards and Rapture are working on that currently. Guides and macros need to be overworked.
  • Curse plans a tournament, better than the King of the Hill. No details are known, yet.
  • Sykeasaurus refused to sing a song on stream!
  • AJ wants to promote tournaments. Even smaller ones like server tournaments. Contact Vanguards if you want your tournament promoted but make sure to tell him ahead of time.
  • Good content should be promoted more. There are technical difficulties with promoting user content to the frontpage but reposting these topics like Tosan's video or Eldacar's resilience guide is something AJ wants to do a lot more. Contact Vanguards, Hildegard or the moderators if you have high quality content and want it promoted. This includes blogs.
  • Other games can be discussed in sub forums but the experiment with Guild Wars 2 failed. We won't promote content for other games on the frontpage.
  • RBGs are a solid topic but they suffer from balance issues, DDOS and boosting way more than arenas. Only very few classs combinations are competitive. So they will most likely not become a main topic for AJ.
  • Class forum moderators are considered and Vanguards as well as the mod team is looking for candidates.
  • We are looking for tutorials for really new players. I promised to create some guides about that. We want a new "How to improve your arena rating thread" and we want to feature people like Ardnut and Amiza that fought so hard to gain Junkie status.


#2 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 2614
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 14 April 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

  • Sykeasaurus refused to sing a song on stream!
lmao

#3 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3248
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

i'd sing a fucking song on stream


"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#4 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 929
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostZaephyr, on 14 April 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

i'd sing a fucking song on stream



autograph on ma booty now

#5 Boetard

Boetard
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 31
  • Talents: Retribution 2/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1587
  • 3v3: 576
  • RBG: 2261
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

LOL IM IN ZE PODCAST

#6 Bluckstack

Bluckstack
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 122
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/.
  • LocationGijón

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

the one who posted before its an attention whore

on topic: good podcast guys, keep it up!

#7 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7010
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Dope.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#8 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 9118
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

The "MVP" and "Class Moderators " ideas should be implemented asap, both great ideas.

Also major dissapoint that Syke refused to sing a song :\

Edited by Hyuru, 15 April 2013 - 07:34 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7010
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

Here.  This is me:


bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#10 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 9118
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 15 April 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

Here.  This is me:


+rep KushMagic69
Posted Image

#11 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2004
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

Knew you had talent.

#12 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1243
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Missed the live stream but enjoyed the video and the idea sound good :)

#13 Helia

Helia
  • Members
  • Posts: 19

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Good podcast.

One thing I thought about after the end of the podcast and I'd like to ask / propose :

You said you were going to add more videos on the front page. It's a good idea. I think it should come with an interview, but not the usual "personnal" interviews, more like a director's cut.

Of course in the first two lines of the interview you can just say "PlayerName is a multi rank 1 playerClass blahblah. He attended Blizzcon XXXX and finished X place. He's streaming on twitch at [x], has a twitter account : [x] and a youtube channel : [x]."

But then you should focus on the video. Tons of players watch videos. Some of them watch it many many times (like me) to understand everything.
I noticed on alot of streams, that people in the chat were really excited when the streamer says "Let's watch 'PlayerName 4' on stream, I'll explain the moves, the context, the mood of the games".

I think AJ could be a very good PvP video Library. But not a simple library, a place you could find more infos, analyzed videos, stuff like that.

Of course, some moves are already explained like "cover trap with hunter's mark" or "spiritwalker's grace the grip", but they could add more comments like "I knew he was gonna grip me because..." or they could explain some things they don't have the time / place to write. Like "look at the positionning at 1:23" "I chose to display UA at 2:32 because..." etc.

For every healer in the game, a commented version of Flubbah 2, Flubbah 3, Hydra X, or any other video I forgot about (apologizes) would be so valuable.

#14 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 642
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Didn't answer my question about fixing the site... Not approving of the video....

#15 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 793
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostHelia, on 15 April 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Good podcast.

One thing I thought about after the end of the podcast and I'd like to ask / propose :

You said you were going to add more videos on the front page. It's a good idea. I think it should come with an interview, but not the usual "personnal" interviews, more like a director's cut.

Of course in the first two lines of the interview you can just say "PlayerName is a multi rank 1 playerClass blahblah. He attended Blizzcon XXXX and finished X place. He's streaming on twitch at [x], has a twitter account : [x] and a youtube channel : [x]."

But then you should focus on the video. Tons of players watch videos. Some of them watch it many many times (like me) to understand everything.
I noticed on alot of streams, that people in the chat were really excited when the streamer says "Let's watch 'PlayerName 4' on stream, I'll explain the moves, the context, the mood of the games".

I think AJ could be a very good PvP video Library. But not a simple library, a place you could find more infos, analyzed videos, stuff like that.

Of course, some moves are already explained like "cover trap with hunter's mark" or "spiritwalker's grace the grip", but they could add more comments like "I knew he was gonna grip me because..." or they could explain some things they don't have the time / place to write. Like "look at the positionning at 1:23" "I chose to display UA at 2:32 because..." etc.

For every healer in the game, a commented version of Flubbah 2, Flubbah 3, Hydra X, or any other video I forgot about (apologizes) would be so valuable.

This is a fantastic idea.  I know I hugely look forward to new videos coming out, and have seen some fantastic ones lately.  I remember watching the one (can't remember name off the top of my head) that shows someone's rank 1 push in s12 on warrior where he did a ton of showing moves he did during the match and it gave some great perspective into ways to take advantage of situations in arena.  More of that in a video would be awesome.

View PostHyuru, on 15 April 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

The "MVP" and "Class Moderators " ideas should be implemented asap, both great ideas.

Also major dissapoint that Syke refused to sing a song :\

Stoked to hopefully see this implemented.  There are some fantastic posters out there who should be recognized above and beyond, and having the open class forums moderated by strong posters will hopefully revive some of the really dead forums (druid forum is lucky if it gets one new topic and 10 posts in a week)

#16 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Posts: 2007
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

By the way, another thing I really wanted to mention but forgot to during the stream. There were blue posts or tweets - I don't remember - saying that they don't feel like they have enough feedback when it comes to PvP. This is a niche that AJ owns, but doesn't fully function (talking about dead class forums, again).
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#17 Helia

Helia
  • Members
  • Posts: 19

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostThaya, on 15 April 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

By the way, another thing I really wanted to mention but forgot to during the stream. There were blue posts or tweets - I don't remember - saying that they don't feel like they have enough feedback when it comes to PvP. This is a niche that AJ owns, but doesn't fully function (talking about dead class forums, again).
Imho the best way to achieve that is to have a subsection in class forums named "Class feedback" with one topic / spec or smth like that.

1/ These sections should be aimed at Blizzard. That means "written for their eyes" : concise, sharp, objectie, detailing both problems and strength. Giving general ideas, but explaining the goal behind every idea (not just "buff dmg" but "the spec is vulnerable to melee but very strong against casters, so [idea]"). Everything must be argumented.

2/ These section should be heavily restriction. That means to me read-only for the community.
The only people who could post there should be
- class forum moderators (or forum moderators)
- class MVPs : a rank you could obtain by writting guides, or by being plebiscited by the community (even from other classes players). Proving that you're someone reliable, unbiased when it comes to speak about class balance. (Some ppl prolly could write good guides, but who certainly shouldn't speak about class balance. Won't name anyone, even if I have my own opinion about that)

3/ Everyone could (would ? should ?) take part. By sending PMs to the class forum moderator or the class MVP(s).
Or a topic could be created to discuss issues, debate (even with other classes players) before it's actually analyzed / compiled / summuraized by the right persons and written down in the class-feedback forum.

#18 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 2786
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostZaephyr, on 14 April 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

i'd sing a fucking song on stream



better then the original
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#19 Lakrids

Lakrids
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Ahn'Qiraj
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Posts: 1
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationDenmark, Europe

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Sounds really exciting!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<