djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

In lieu of the other bitch threads I've seen, does anyone know if they are looking at mage's burst for next patch?  Currently they are the only class that can completely solo a person.  The only class that can come close to it is rogues, but they aren't nearly as bad.

Thoughts?

#2 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Holinka tweeted that they were looking @ Incanter's ward and some other things, maybe we'll see something in the next set of patch notes, definitely keeping my fingers crossed
Posted ImagePosted Image              Posted Image

#3 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

what they should nerf is incanters ward , 30% dmg is just stupid, promote casting and nerf proccs could be a solution if there werent so many stuns/interrupts in the game too :(

#4 vomite

vomite
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1328

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 14 April 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Currently they are the only class that can completely solo a person

Rogues can solo a resto  shaman with blades up by just autoattacking and spamming stuns+garrote
Hunters can oneshot any cloth/leather
Dks can destroy any healer within 30seconds if left alone
Moonkins can random crit someone for 200k twice if they get lucky proc's

So no, there are plenty of classes than can solo

#5 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Tbh since they have changed how powershot is & rogues throw move I'm sure they will be looking into mages next.

Edited by Icekingx, 14 April 2013 - 06:02 PM.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#6 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

View Postvomite, on 14 April 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Rogues can solo a resto  shaman with blades up by just autoattacking and spamming stuns+garrote

Rogues can only solo people if they get really lucky/have pve trinket
Who dies to a single hunter?
DKs take a long time to solo people
Moonkins, all 1 of them, arent a big deal

Mages can kill a person in 6 seconds, every 30 seconds.

Edited by Regent, 14 April 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#7 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

View Postvomite, on 14 April 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Sorry, you seem a bit slow, so let me reword this for you

Mages are the only class that can solo someone in less than 3 seconds, every 30 seconds.  They can do this using almost 100% instants.

#8 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

The thing with mages is they ALWAYS will have the same reliable damage since they have the insanely high crit chance on their procs with that passive they have. If a rogue crits it's the most absurd thing in the world, if he doesn't, he will have high dmg still but wont be nearly as much as a mage shooting instants averaging 70k-80k every global, which is dumb.
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#9 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

i always see everyone hoping for an incanters nerf, mages still do ridiculous damage without incanter's up.  They need to do something about their unbuffed damage as well as incanters, and do something about deep into blanket.  9 seconds is a guaranteed defensive cooldown or death every 30s/1m.

A spriest can also do this to my paladin every 3 orb/silence. I wish they would have put the DP change through they were going to last patch.

#10 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

They've really taken the shatter combo thing way too far.  It used to be really strong damage in BC but you could prevent it by interrupting them or dispelling the pet nova.  Good mages would wait until the last second of their frostbolt cast to pet nova.

Now somehow we've gotten from that to the current implementation where your "shatter" combo comes from deep freeze.  It requires no setup, you don't even have to nova them if you have a proc.  It doesn't break on damage like the roots used to, so you just get held down in a stun and take 400% damage or whatever it is.

If they were serious about nerfing mage damage they would just allow deep freeze to break on damage, or make it behave like every other stun instead of increasing the mage's damage by 400% on somebody who can't cast.

If they aren't willing to do that then they should look at frost mage mastery.  Not only do they get a stun that causes all of their damage to crit, their mastery also enhances the damage they do while you cannot control your character.  But wait, there's more, if they somehow managed to not kill you in the deep, they still have a blanket silence that will be available after every single deep.

That's why mages are broken.

#11 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

its more so that its so easy to get FoF procs now, in wrath when FoF was introduced, the only way to get procs was Frostbolt, cone of cold, and frost armor procs.  Now we have frostbolt, pet nova, orb, which are all pretty much jokes except for frostbolt procs, but i mean every deep you have pet nova and orb that will easily give you 3-4 fof lances on top of the bomb exploding on top of the insta ffb(s).

I tihnk the right thing to do would be to make fof like it was in wrath, not increase the damage of ice lance, but instead just act as if frozen.  That's a 25% damage nerf to ice lance, and also lower FFB and frost bomb damage, because i've gotten/gotten hit for 90k+ ffb's, and fb is ridiculous.

Something still needs to be done with deep+blanket, and i also wouldn't mind if brain freeze proc'd off Frostbolt instead of our bombs, because frankly i hate the entire bomb aspect of mages, and would love to cast again.

#12 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 14 April 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

its more so that its so easy to get FoF procs now, in wrath when FoF was introduced, the only way to get procs was Frostbolt, cone of cold, and frost armor procs.  Now we have frostbolt, pet nova, orb, which are all pretty much jokes except for frostbolt procs, but i mean every deep you have pet nova and orb that will easily give you 3-4 fof lances on top of the bomb exploding on top of the insta ffb(s).

I tihnk the right thing to do would be to make fof like it was in wrath, not increase the damage of ice lance, but instead just act as if frozen.  That's a 25% damage nerf to ice lance, and also lower FFB and frost bomb damage, because i've gotten/gotten hit for 90k+ ffb's, and fb is ridiculous.

Something still needs to be done with deep+blanket, and i also wouldn't mind if brain freeze proc'd off Frostbolt instead of our bombs, because frankly i hate the entire bomb aspect of mages, and would love to cast again.
Would change Frost PvE too much as Ice Lance procs have to be worth using over Frostbolt. Honestly the best thing to do it to change the Mastery to add a DoT. They've done this already with Chaos Bolt, and the Mastery is called FrostBURN after all.

#13 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 14 April 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

and i also wouldn't mind if brain freeze proc'd off Frostbolt instead of our bombs, because frankly i hate the entire bomb aspect of mages, and would love to cast again.

Would definitely solve the Nether Tempest instant damage problem, good idea IMO, should take the bonus damage of FFB and Ice Lance off of Brain Freeze and FoF, would be a decent damage nerf without killing the class
Posted ImagePosted Image              Posted Image

#14 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostSabyth, on 14 April 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Would change Frost PvE too much as Ice Lance procs have to be worth using over Frostbolt. Honestly the best thing to do it to change the Mastery to add a DoT. They've done this already with Chaos Bolt, and the Mastery is called FrostBURN after all.

i dont want more dots as a mage, they've already made us into god mode insta cast warlocks.

#15 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

is this the official forums?

#16 Harlemshake

Harlemshake
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 14 April 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Sorry, you seem a bit slow, so let me reword this for you

Mages are the only class that can solo someone in less than 3 seconds, every 30 seconds.  They can do this using almost 100% instants.
no to the less then 3 seconds, no to the every 30 seconds, and no to the 100% instants, but do exaggerate anyway

our damage with absolutely every proc up is too high, and our damage into a deep when grouped with an insanity specced shadowpriest is far too high, but id rather not see the class neutered outside of playing with a shadowpriest when we still do less damage then hunters even after their nerfs

#17 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostHarlemshake, on 14 April 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

no to the less then 3 seconds, no to the every 30 seconds, and no to the 100% instants, but do exaggerate anyway

our damage with absolutely every proc up is too high, and our damage into a deep when grouped with an insanity specced shadowpriest is far too high, but id rather not see the class neutered outside of playing with a shadowpriest when we still do less damage then hunters even after their nerfs

http://www.twitch.tv/reckful/c/2129793

#18 Harlemshake

Harlemshake
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostSabyth, on 14 April 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

would actually be a decent change, maybe 50% damage to frozen targets and 50% dot so its not a complete replica of the fire mastery and might make them more likely to consider it

#19 Harlemshake

Harlemshake
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 14 April 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

not sure what u want to achieve by linking a vod of a mage with absolutely every proc up 1v1ing a healer who doesn't trinket and gets absolutely no support from his team mates

#20 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostHarlemshake, on 14 April 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

not sure what u want to achieve by linking a vod of a mage with absolutely every proc up 1v1ing a healer who doesn't trinket and gets absolutely no support from his team mates

so you're saying that's balanced then

ok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<