Help

Monks

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 foxfighter

foxfighter

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

View PostMarshmellow, on 15 April 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

New Monk Ability: Rocket Fists: The Monks arms are replaced with cannons that shoot fist sized projectiles at opponents for 100% of normal melee damage and gives the Monk's Jab, Tiger Palm , and Disable abilities a 30 yard range. Aura. 10 second cooldown.

can there be a glyph to change the projectiles to kittens??
http://www.twitch.tv/fawxfighter - punch monk/warrior stream

#42 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1565
  • 3v3: 2279
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

View Postfoxfighter, on 15 April 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

can there be a glyph to change the projectiles to kittens??

Yeah but then feral druids would have another thing to be immune to
My sig broke forum rules as it was over 250kb in size.

#43 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1315
  • 3v3: 1949

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

Rop is the dumbest ability i have ever seen to date. end

#44 Baksteen

Baksteen
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 576
  • Locationup and down in and out

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostConviqx, on 14 April 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

-Touch of karma (essentially a bubble without the -50% dmg part) that if you are retarded and hit into it, transfers dmg to a chosen target, also has a fairly short cd.

Has a facing requirement and 20 yards range glyphed, so if a hunter and a rogue open on me with all cds and trinket proccs I can't Touch of Karma anything since rogue is still in stealth.

Also the dot we apply double dips by resillince, it does around 40k dmg to someone if i absorb 350k

Also you can just cloak/detterence it

-A dispell.

Our so called "dispell" removes poisions or diseases. woopdiedoo

-An insanely good freedom with 70% speed increase for 6s on a 30s cooldown that breaks any root or slow in the game which they can use on anyone. Sprint has a 1m cd that doesn't break anything with an 8s duration (not saying rogues are bad, subterfuge Huehuehue)

It's really good indeed altho it's not a freedom we can instantly get resnared/rooted

-A cloak (that transfers debuffs to their original casters)

It removes our dots and puts them back on the caster (double dip resil again) and makes us take 90% less dmg from magical attacks for 5 seconds, it does not make us invincible like DK's or rogue's.

-A pet that stays 45s and is literally unkillable with pretty good dmg.

A pet that has the down syndrome and just attacks w/e it wants and puts dots on what ever me or my partners try to CC.

-Ring of peace XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD, seriously what the F, atleast it will get DR in 5,3, can disarm dk's for 16s + silence if u cast in it., still haven't seen a CD nerf being planned.

It is getting changed next patch which will make it more balanced.

Right now it just kills any warrior/dk as they can't do anything other then 1 magical abillity each 3 seconds.

A rogue however can walk out and spamm shuriken toss and still do good dmg.

-I think i haven't seen 1 monk EVER use zen meditation (the thing that absorbs 5 incoming harmful spells for your team in 30 yards range, which is pretty decent) decently, although it has a 3m cd, i think u can seriously save your team extremely well with it.

On paper this abillity sounds amazing however it breaks on any melee damage taken (so much for zen meditating a trap vs a thugcleave that rides my ass)

Also it is interruptable by anything wind shear, CS, Silence, Deep so if the first cast is a deep then I take it instead of my healer and it instantly stops the zen meditation. (it's great to take a deep tho don't get me wrong but it shouldnt break on melee dmg imo)

-A incapacitate on a 15s cd with a retarded range that can cc you for 4 or 6 seconds depending if its in the front or back respectively.

This abillity DR"s with the most common cc's Trap, hex, sheep

-Fists of fury, 25s cd... untrinketable stun for 4s in a cone infront of you, although it splits dmg when there are more targets, if he picks u off alone u will straight up die if set up well.

This abilitty is really stupid for not being trinketable, however the dmg becomes really shitty when there is more then 1 person in it (hello pets)

Then there is the jump, if people decide to jump the moment i decide to fist I do stun them but don't do dmg to them, I'm just standing there fisting the air like the monk champ I am.

To fix monks we need some sort of passive dmg reduction, maybe brewmaster stance for Windwalker monks.
This ofcourse has to come along with the RoP change that is incomming and a change to our Fist of Fury stun.

#45 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

What class doesn't die in a stun that they can't get out of?
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#46 Bamflol

Bamflol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2493
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 15 April 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

What class doesn't die in a stun that they can't get out of?
Posted ImagePosted Image
??

#47 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

Touch of karma is essentially a bubble?

haha you got jokes

I actually faced a ret/mage/healer today and they literally just popped everything into it and it broke in two seconds, and the DOT it puts up is dispellable so gg

monk control/mobility/damage is fine, and it's what makes the class okay, but their survivability is so shit they die fast as fuck, just like rogues but rogues have evasion, cloak, shield wall, and vanishes/stealth and can just hide when they are low

monk defensives just really arent very strong, but I do agree I'm suprised I don't see more monks on the bracket, they aren't THAT bad

Edited by CreepStatus, 15 April 2013 - 05:55 AM.

Posted Image
the best playlist ever-https://www.youtube....FVT_S-TjfEu-GC2
NEW: best playlist ever 2- http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz
twitch.tv/bornlol
youtube.com/bornlolwins

#48 Nauree

Nauree
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2467

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostBaksteen, on 15 April 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

Has a facing requirement and 20 yards range glyphed, so if a hunter and a rogue open on me with all cds and trinket proccs I can't Touch of Karma anything since rogue is still in stealth.

Also the dot we apply double dips by resillince, it does around 40k dmg to someone if i absorb 350k

Also you can just cloak/detterence it

Our so called "dispell" removes poisions or diseases. woopdiedoo

It's really good indeed altho it's not a freedom we can instantly get resnared/rooted

It removes our dots and puts them back on the caster (double dip resil again) and makes us take 90% less dmg from magical attacks for 5 seconds, it does not make us invincible like DK's or rogue's.

A pet that has the down syndrome and just attacks w/e it wants and puts dots on what ever me or my partners try to CC.

It is getting changed next patch which will make it more balanced.

Right now it just kills any warrior/dk as they can't do anything other then 1 magical abillity each 3 seconds.

A rogue however can walk out and spamm shuriken toss and still do good dmg.

On paper this abillity sounds amazing however it breaks on any melee damage taken (so much for zen meditating a trap vs a thugcleave that rides my ass)

Also it is interruptable by anything wind shear, CS, Silence, Deep so if the first cast is a deep then I take it instead of my healer and it instantly stops the zen meditation. (it's great to take a deep tho don't get me wrong but it shouldnt break on melee dmg imo)

This abillity DR"s with the most common cc's Trap, hex, sheep

This abilitty is really stupid for not being trinketable, however the dmg becomes really shitty when there is more then 1 person in it (hello pets)

Then there is the jump, if people decide to jump the moment i decide to fist I do stun them but don't do dmg to them, I'm just standing there fisting the air like the monk champ I am.

To fix monks we need some sort of passive dmg reduction, maybe brewmaster stance for Windwalker monks.
This ofcourse has to come along with the RoP change that is incomming and a change to our Fist of Fury stun.

thx :duckers:

#49 hotcowz

hotcowz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

stopped reading after you said mw monks are easy to kill. lolwat?

#50 bouncyballs

bouncyballs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 2/1/2/0/1/0

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hi,

This is mostly gonna be about windwalker monk, cuz mistweavers just die in any stun or silence ( seriously if u see a monk healer in 3s,

:o

#51 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Every monk healer we've met died through life cocoon #thugcleave
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#52 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 2221
  • 3v3: 2400
  • 5v5: 2461
  • RBG: 2118

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostConviqx, on 15 April 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Every monk healer we've met died through life cocoon #thugcleave

you'd do the same to any dps monk through karma... shit would break after 2 seconds with thug cleave cd's riding it

#53 frigidclam

frigidclam
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

WW monks have karma and flying serpent kick and MW does not you are telling me those 2 abilities make WW gods but MW are a joke to kill without those 2 abilities?

#54 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2365

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

Rogues complaining about WW Monks.  Sigh...  This seems to be a theme this season.

When their thugcleave can't immediately kill something because of RoP they whine about it to no end.  I am actually disgusted.

Edited by Nadagast, 16 April 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#55 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • 2v2: 1565
  • 3v3: 2279

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostNadagast, on 16 April 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

Rogues complaining about WW Monks.  Sigh...  This seems to be a theme this season.

Most complain about things they don't fully understand, they create imaginative scenarios in their head where everything is a god except their own classes

I don't even want to imagine playing against a thug cleave without RoP right now

Edited by Marshmellow, 16 April 2013 - 12:42 AM.

My sig broke forum rules as it was over 250kb in size.

#56 Dimyzuka

Dimyzuka
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

This has got to be a joke. A thugcleave rogue complaining about WW monks?
People just don't realize how easy it is to kill a WW, its a leather melee with 0 passive dmg reduction, can't use its tanking stance/presence etc, no feint spam..nothing.

Saying a MW monk with dematerialize dies in a stun but ww doesnt? wtf.

And they have by far the longest ramp up time to burst in the game.

#57 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostSnuggli, on 14 April 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

you can literally outline any class like you just did and make them look retarded.

This. It's become such a thing to bash on any class you struggle against. Whatever the fuck happened to accepting that Rshams brought sick buffs, sick dispells, fear immunity while being a medium healer - Dpriests being dmg and dispell gods (both offensive and defensive) if played well - Hpalas being the class to keep your team mobile at all time - and that Rdruid had unbreakable cc, couldnt be polyed (yet banished) and the craziest blanket healing ever.

People didnt fucking moan and cry rivers about this. It's just the fucking way classes differ. As if this game isnt linear enough already, watching a rogue and a DK race nowadays is literally like watching 2 ferrari's race around the curb.

Edited by McMick1137, 16 April 2013 - 07:51 AM.

Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.
Peace Heaumes, yoloOnce ;-) :$

#58 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostConviqx, on 15 April 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

cuz mistweavers just die in any stun or silence ( seriously if u see a monk healer in 3s, just kill it through that cocoon, heck even tripple dr stun his ass and he will die)
It's like you forgot that they become immune to all dmg if you stun them, or are you tunnelvisioning so hard in your thug cleave that you completely forgot.

OT:

WW Monks are annoying, but far from op. Insanely long ramp up time and they're probably the squishiest class in the game concidering they have no passive mitigation.

MW Monks are just horrible in arena because if you train them they can't heal for shit, whilst in rbg they can freecast whole game and they're usually topping healing meters.
Posted Image

#59 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostHyuru, on 16 April 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

It's like you forgot that they become immune to all dmg if you stun them, or are you tunnelvisioning so hard in your thug cleave that you completely forgot.

OT:

WW Monks are annoying, but far from op. Insanely long ramp up time and they're probably the squishiest class in the game concidering they have no passive mitigation.

MW Monks are just horrible in arena because if you train them they can't heal for shit, whilst in rbg they can freecast whole game and they're usually topping healing meters.

Jk Healing Sphere actually outheals anything x) always keep yourself hotted as a Mistweaver (Sphere+Mists) and just spam SPheres when being tunneled = win. Before I quit I preferred it when teams would tunnel me rather than my team as I could heal just as well without the risk of getting locked out and I could push in for cc :P
Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.
Peace Heaumes, yoloOnce ;-) :$

#60 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostHyuru, on 16 April 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

OT:

I know that dematerialize has a 10s icd and 2,5s duration, why would u assume all this random crap without any proof or whatever, it's easy, cheap shot, w8 2,5s, garrotte etc
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<