• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2053

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 14 April 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

They have some weaknesses in 3s, some caused by other classes being strong. If those issues are addressed or even if they get something unnecessary like a damage buff, they will be the worst thing that has ever happened to arena because of the abilities they have.

If you wanna know how bad it is, go play 2s and see for yourself. For now, they are okay in 3s though and other classes need huge nerfs.
Im capping my monk in 2s each weak and rogues can kill me in the opener with 67% ressie and i dont mean a stun opener i mean a garrot opener, ambush evisc evis (2 160k evisc) and guess what? cant even see the rogue to use anything :D and thats a none pve trinket rogue

#23 alleaya

alleaya
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2053

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

admit i got mostly honour gear but thats why monks are weak, if they got damage reduction  buff i agree though. they would be insane

#24 Regent

Regent

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

You guys forget what makes a class good at the moment, how good their swifty one-shot is. WW Monks swifty takes too long to build up, therefor they are not a good class.

#25 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostRegent, on 14 April 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

You guys forget what makes a class good at the moment, how good their swifty one-shot is. WW Monks swifty takes too long to build up, therefor they are not a good class.

Should be able to Touch of Death @ 100% so we can compete then
Posted Image

#26 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1724
  • 3v3: 2352
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 1915

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostConviqx, on 14 April 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

U mean flop after rop, rolls, a flying kick, karma, their last stand thing, a disarm, a spammable root, cloak, selfhealfs, another rop, another karma, an aoe stun untrinketable, port, double trinket, these are all abilities they can use to survive, but do i ever see a monk doing all these things to survive? no cuz they are to busy tunneling a healer.
Are you kidding me? Monks are one of the worst healer killers in the game atm, if you are a rogue and losing to a monk training your healer you are doing something seriously wrong, swap to him every stun dr and he is toast, not to mention we have insane ramp up time on our burst and training us complelty fucks our brew generation because we actually have to kite to live due to having 0 passive mitigation. Thug cleave can literally tunnel me from start to finish and win every time because I'm forced defensive the whole game which means no stacks which means no burst and no pressure. If a rogue team
Is losing to monks it's because you don't know how to play against them.

Edited by augiddin, 14 April 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#27 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostRegent, on 14 April 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

I'd honestly be fine with a damage nerf on my Monk if I got to start each game with 10 stacks of tigereye brew.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#28 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 14 April 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

I'd honestly be fine with a damage nerf on my Monk if I got to start each game with 10 stacks of tigereye brew.

Indeed. Very annoying to not even getting to get 1-2 stacks in buffroom since it's removes them on start.

Honestly, all this QQ is mostly wasted. Monks are STRONG in 2s, but nobody really cares about 2s these days. In 3s, they have mobility and decent dmg(not enough burst, or rather too long rampuptime), very little mitigation after blowing our 2 real cds and sooner or later you will catch that monk in a stun he cant get out of and he will die.

As someone stated earlier though, if there weren't as many hunters and rogues around monks would be a lot stronger. I'd honestly like to see Jab on 20 yards range. It does litterary NO DAMAGE so why shouldn't monks be able to build some chi when kited? When you finally get to the target you need at least two gcds in order to even deal a little dmg.

Another thing that speaks against monks, is something that I never thought I'd say... But having disable(slow) on gcd and as a separate spell is destroying their damage even more. Honestly i'd like all classes to have to actually click their slow in order to get one. But seeing as most classes now have slows built into their main damage attacks monks are hurting from this.

#29 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostEnim, on 14 April 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

I'd honestly like to see Jab on 20 yards range. It does litterary NO DAMAGE so why shouldn't monks be able to build some chi when kited?

Either this or remove the Chi cost of Spinning Fire Blossom and instead put a reasonable energy cost on it and make it able to build chi, with the amount of damage that it hits for I think that would be a reasonable change, especially against classes like mages/ hunters with rediculous kiting ability
Posted Image

#30 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 14 April 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Either this or remove the Chi cost of Spinning Fire Blossom and instead put a reasonable energy cost on it and make it able to build chi, with the amount of damage that it hits for I think that would be a reasonable change, especially against classes like mages/ hunters with rediculous kiting ability

It was actually a cool spell when it didn't cost a charge for casting (even if it missed). Now it's effectively useless though, the risk of missing and wasting a chi is lame.

Either give jab or disable a range, imo. (or let me start with my burst available - like every other class in this game).

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#31 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

doesn't tiger brew give like 50% dmg increase?
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#32 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

View Postaugiddin, on 14 April 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Are you kidding me? Monks are one of the worst healer killers in the game atm, if you are a rogue and losing to a monk training your healer you are doing something seriously wrong, swap to him every stun dr and he is toast, not to mention we have insane ramp up time on our burst and training us complelty fucks our brew generation because we actually have to kite to live due to having 0 passive mitigation. Thug cleave can literally tunnel me from start to finish and win every time because I'm forced defensive the whole game which means no stacks which means no burst and no pressure. If a rogue team
Is losing to monks it's because you don't know how to play against them.

in the last games i've played 3s we haven't seen any monks expect healers, i also said i was mostly talking about WW monks cuz MW dies in a 2s stun after dematerialize, but if u don't focus the monk on 3s u will not kill any of his dps i guarantee that, it's such a weird class atm TBH but i think a full geared WW monk can just be massively retarded

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#33 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

why does everyone want to be able to do everything from range now?  rogues have ST, monks want to be able to get chi from range.  somewhere on the wow forums some warrior is prolly asking for a way to get rage from range.

Whatever happened to melee classes being melee?  Melee using things from ranged is just as dumb an idea as casters never having a cast bar anymore.

Also, I hardly EVER get kited on my monk, how can you even want to do things from range when you have insanely high uptime on a target as a monk.   The only teams i have trouble with are thug cleave and thats because hunter rogue is fucking absurd.

#34 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostConviqx, on 14 April 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

in the last games i've played 3s we haven't seen any monks expect healers, i also said i was mostly talking about WW monks cuz MW dies in a 2s stun after dematerialize, but if u don't focus the monk on 3s u will not kill any of his dps i guarantee that, it's such a weird class atm TBH but i think a full geared WW monk can just be massively retarded
I'm not sure if you have ww and MW confused because I was talking about ww the whole time.

#35 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

View Postaugiddin, on 14 April 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

I'm not sure if you have ww and MW confused because I was talking about ww the whole time.

yeah my bad i didn't read properly im retarded :(

But if they gave monks some kind of passive 15% or something passive dmg reduc they have to change some of their other skills fo sho

Edited by Conviqx, 14 April 2013 - 08:36 PM.

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#36 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostConviqx, on 14 April 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

yeah my bad i didn't read properly im retarded :(

But if they gave monks some kind of passive 15% or something passive dmg reduc they have to change some of their other skills fo sho
I agree, rop is a dumb ability that we are going to balanced around just like locks gateway and I wish it had never been implemented but to nerf us without compensation would be rediculous.

Edited by augiddin, 14 April 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#37 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

View Postaugiddin, on 14 April 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

I agree, rop is a dumb ability that we are going to balanced around just like locks gateway and I wish it had never been implemented but to nerf us without compensation would be rediculous.

If they gave us a proper passive DR or a short CD damage reduction then honestly they could take RoP out of the game, but it feels like its one of the only few things from saving monk teams from getting globaled by things like thug cleave

but for now they definitely need to at least double the CD on it, also they removed the "pacify" effect on it which means melee classes can actually press buttons in it now.
Posted Image

#38 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

they die instantly after karma/trink/nimble

#39 Ntundi

Ntundi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2315
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostEnim, on 14 April 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Indeed. Very annoying to not even getting to get 1-2 stacks in buffroom since it's removes them on start.

Honestly, all this QQ is mostly wasted. Monks are STRONG in 2s, but nobody really cares about 2s these days. In 3s, they have mobility and decent dmg(not enough burst, or rather too long rampuptime), very little mitigation after blowing our 2 real cds and sooner or later you will catch that monk in a stun he cant get out of and he will die.

As someone stated earlier though, if there weren't as many hunters and rogues around monks would be a lot stronger. I'd honestly like to see Jab on 20 yards range. It does litterary NO DAMAGE so why shouldn't monks be able to build some chi when kited? When you finally get to the target you need at least two gcds in order to even deal a little dmg.

Another thing that speaks against monks, is something that I never thought I'd say... But having disable(slow) on gcd and as a separate spell is destroying their damage even more. Honestly i'd like all classes to have to actually click their slow in order to get one. But seeing as most classes now have slows built into their main damage attacks monks are hurting from this.

Yes.  Give Monks 'Go Go Gadget Arms!' so they can jab from 20 yards away and have 100% up time.

#40 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

View PostNtundi, on 15 April 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

Yes.  Give Monks 'Go Go Gadget Arms!' so they can jab from 20 yards away and have 100% up time.

New Monk Ability: Rocket Fists: The Monks arms are replaced with cannons that shoot fist sized projectiles at opponents for 100% of normal melee damage and gives the Monk's Jab, Tiger Palm , and Disable abilities a 30 yard range. Aura. 10 second cooldown.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<