• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hi,

This is mostly gonna be about windwalker monk, cuz mistweavers just die in any stun or silence ( seriously if u see a monk healer in 3s, just kill it through that cocoon, heck even tripple dr stun his ass and he will die)

I was just wondering, are people just extremely bad at monk? Cuz all i hear is monks aren't that good etc. I think they are the dumbest class ever invented in any MMO. Why? Ow geez im glad u asked!

Let's see, they have:

-A portal as a melee, the portal placement has a 45s cd, the teleport itself has a 25cd (can go in like a retard and get back safely like yeah dat waddap), i know you swap the portal to the place u went from but It's like a 0,001 cast time or whatever and u can just cast it anywhere u want
afterwards.

-Spammable imp hamstring and slow

-A ranged disarm as baseline.

-Touch of karma (essentially a bubble without the -50% dmg part) that if you are retarded and hit into it, transfers dmg to a chosen target, also has a fairly short cd.

-I have fought 1 or 2 good monks and their dmg can actually be absurd, even doing way more
than a dk (i know right mind-boggling).
-A dispell.

-Spammable selfheals + chi wave and some dispell thing that also heals them.

-Their mobility is... well... they can cross nagrand and back in literally 5seconds

-An insanely good freedom with 70% speed increase for 6s on a 30s cooldown that breaks any root or slow in the game which they can use on anyone. Sprint has a 1m cd that doesn't break anything with an 8s duration (not saying rogues are bad, subterfuge Huehuehue)

-A cloak (that transfers debuffs to their original casters)

-A pet that stays 45s and is literally unkillable with pretty good dmg.

-Ring of peace XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD, seriously what the F, atleast it will get DR in 5,3, can disarm dk's for 16s + silence if u cast in it., still haven't seen a CD nerf being planned.

-I think i haven't seen 1 monk EVER use zen meditation (the thing that absorbs 5 incoming harmful spells for your team in 30 yards range, which is pretty decent) decently, although it has a 3m cd, i think u can seriously save your team extremely well with it.

-A incapacitate on a 15s cd with a retarded range that can cc you for 4 or 6 seconds depending if its in the front or back respectively.

-Fists of fury, 25s cd... untrinketable stun for 4s in a cone infront of you, although it splits dmg when there are more targets, if he picks u off alone u will straight up die if set up well.

-Double trinket baseline as WW

I don't know if i forgot something but...

In my opinion monks are the most obnixious thing to play against and in 2s they are absolute gods. I don't know why the difference between monks is so massive, some monks just destroy everything with massive dmg (without having that pve trinket) while some other monks don't do shit (also they all have tyrannical weps).
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#2 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

I've been saying this forever now, they have absurd cc, and the most annoying abilities in the game

#3 Bamflol

Bamflol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2493
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

new class, people havn't played it as much.
What would make people understand the monk class better imo, is if conviq rises part 2 was released.^^

#4 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2026
  • 3v3: 2348
  • RBG: 960

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 14 April 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

I've been saying this forever now, they have absurd cc, and the most annoying abilities in the game

If by absurd CC you mean gouge on a 15 second cc that literally DRs with everything and a stun with an 5 yard range that you can literally walk out of then yeah I guess we have absurd cc

#5 Oldog

Oldog
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2335

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

ya monks are fucking brutal in 2s, but I have not seen any good ones in 3s in Europe.

#6 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostOldog, on 14 April 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

ya monks are fucking brutal in 2s, but I have not seen any good ones in 3s in Europe.

Yeah Disc/Monk is probably the most insane 2's comp

#7 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

you can literally outline any class like you just did and make them look retarded.

have you guys seen rogues? they are the most overpowered class in this game, like really, how did they even make it to live. I've never seen such a stupid thing in any mmo or anything, omg it's so retarded. It might be because most rogues are bad or something idk people always say they are weak but let me just point out how stupid they are:

- They can stay invisible, like, forever. Even if you hit them with an aoe spell (which costs mana!!!!) they stay in stealth for another 3 seconds how ridiculous is that

- They can go back into this invisible form using a spell called 'Vanish'. You have no idea where they are gone and they can just cast it whenever (even when you pop your offensive CDs????) broken as fuck honestly.

- They can make their ENTIRE team invisible. wooooooooooooow. good job trying to not get bum raped when you cant even see where your enemy is before they are all up in your grill

- They can 'sap' you when they are invisible (cc you while they are invisible? what really??? you cant even stop it, so stupid - its got such a long range too)

- They have a spell that makes them completely immune to magic. like, you cant even cc or do anything to them, it's so stupid. they are invincible during this time

- They can teleport. Like, all the time. They have a talent which means they can teleport every time they use an attack - you cant actually escape its so stupid and broken, it doesnt even have a cooldown

- They have a stun with no CD, and a silence with no CD. how does blizzard not see how stupid stuff like this is?????

- They can stun you for like 10 seconds, then silence, then disarm, then blind, then sap. honestly, rogues can control you for like ever.

- They can put down a stupid bomb that means you cant attack anyone in it, another spell that makes them invincible  so stupid and broken.  

- They have some of the best burst in the game. like really, as if this god class didnt need any more god in it.

- They have a permanent 30% damage reduction (good job trying to kill one with that up hahahaha).

Windwalker monks are good, but not nearly as good as you are making them out to be.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#8 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 14 April 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

If by absurd CC you mean gouge on a 15 second cc that literally DRs with everything and a stun with an 5 yard range that you can literally walk out of then yeah I guess we have absurd cc

no, im talking more about the ranged disarm, the spammable root, the aoe untrinketable stun, the 5 second lockout/blanket silence, and the aoe disarm pacify silence.

By the way I play with a windwalker monk in 3s, and we win games sometimes just because the other team can't do anything for like 20 seconds of my monk ccing them.

Not saying monks are overpowered, just that they are the most annoying class in the game, no other class has the same amount of spammable, bullshitty cc, except maybe rogues and even then they aren't even close to a monk.

Edited by djp771133, 14 April 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#9 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 14 April 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

you can literally outline any class like you just did and make them look retarded.

have you guys seen rogues? they are the most overpowered class in this game, like really, how did they even make it to live. I've never seen such a stupid thing in any mmo or anything, omg it's so retarded. It might be because most rogues are bad or something idk people always say they are weak but let me just point out how stupid they are:

Its actually the complete opposite, monks are some kind of sleeper class w8ing to be played with the most retarded shit in the game, while rogues are already played by a lot of people and yeah they have stupid shit to, but the title of the thread wasn't monks vs rogues now was it.

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#10 Eveny

Eveny
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Untrinketable stun
Rop

how do they come up with these ideas?
biggest retard idea of the month gets implemented and bonus salary or what?
If you have problems understanding my post, don't assume something and hit the reply button but read it again.

#11 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostConviqx, on 14 April 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

Its actually the complete opposite, monks are some kind of sleeper class w8ing to be played with the most retarded shit in the game, while rogues are already played by a lot of people and yeah they have stupid shit to, but the title of the thread wasn't monks vs rogues now was it.

I'm not saying rogue vs monk, i'm saying that you can break down literally ANY class in this game and make it look stupid. I just gave rogue as an example.

#12 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

This class would definately be stronger if hunters and rogues weren't as strong as they are now, but nowhere near what OP is making them out to be

#13 alleaya

alleaya
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2053

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

just catch the monk in a stun he cant get out of and see why there bad

#14 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

View Postalleaya, on 14 April 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

just catch the monk in a stun he cant get out of and see why there bad

or just train them and see them flop over after touch of karma, last stand and rop.

#15 alleaya

alleaya
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2053

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 14 April 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

or just train them and see them flop over after touch of karma, last stand and rop.
or this, there so squishy likes rogues but witout vanish and feint

#16 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 14 April 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

U mean flop after rop, rolls, a flying kick, karma, their last stand thing, a disarm, a spammable root, cloak, selfhealfs, another rop, another karma, an aoe stun untrinketable, port, double trinket, these are all abilities they can use to survive, but do i ever see a monk doing all these things to survive? no cuz they are to busy tunneling a healer.

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#17 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostConviqx, on 14 April 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

U mean flop after rop, rolls, a flying kick, karma, their last stand thing, a disarm, a spammable root, cloak, selfhealfs, another rop, another karma, an aoe stun untrinketable, port, double trinket, these are all abilities they can use to survive, but do i ever see a monk doing all these things to survive? no cuz they are to busy tunneling a healer.

Can I get an inv to your fantasy dream land? or get a hit of whatever is in your pipe?

#18 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Or people can actually use their god damn tools their class has and live instead of wanting to be able to tunnel 24/7 with passive 50% dmg reduction and a 100% freedom uptime or some shit

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#19 Syia

Syia
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostConviqx, on 14 April 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Or people can actually use their god damn tools their class has and live instead of wanting to be able to tunnel 24/7 with passive 50% dmg reduction and a 100% freedom uptime or some shit

You can be killed easily in a full stun regardless of what cds you have. I've had plenty of games where I break a rogue stun + smoke bomb and then the next time they have a full stun I die.

Edited by Syia, 14 April 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#20 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

They have some weaknesses in 3s, some caused by other classes being strong. If those issues are addressed or even if they get something unnecessary like a damage buff, they will be the worst thing that has ever happened to arena because of the abilities they have.

If you wanna know how bad it is, go play 2s and see for yourself. For now, they are okay in 3s though and other classes need huge nerfs.

Edited by Djandawg, 14 April 2013 - 05:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<