Photo

Should I dispel DP (and VT) against spriests?

spriest shadow priest dp devouring plauge dot dispel purify

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2211
  • 3v3: 2505

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hey, I'm a disc and I was wondering if I should purposely horrify myself to dispel DP when enemy spriests are bursting?

I'm always conflicted whether I should purify the enemy spriest's devouring plauge from my dps, therefore cc'ing myself with vt dispel mechanic. The 3 second cc doesn't seem to be worth the devouring plauge dot damamge (the initial damage seems to be the worst part, anyways), especially since the pathing can lead me to get chain cc'd off the horify. Right now I sometimes dispel it and cc myself, but usually I do not, and I'm never sure when I'm right.

I will, however, always dispel it if I know I'm about to get in a cc I can't avoid (dispeling same time as enemy pala's HoJ, etc) to make horrify overlap with what I'd be in anyway. Also, I'll dispel DP if VT is not up on the target.

So yeah, any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Youtube: Youtube.com/LytningPvP
Live Stream: Twitch.tv/LytningPvP
Twitter: Twitter.com/LytningPvP

Posted Image

#2 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

You're doing it exactly right, imo. Dispelling through VT (and UA from a warlock) is completely situational and can be a great thing (lowering enemy damage) or a bad thing (starting a chain CC on yourself).

What I normally will do if I'm unsure whether I should dispel a VT or a UA, is ask my teammates if they can stop any follow-up CC that might land on me out of the VT effect. If I have to dispel VT (or UA) quickly and don't have time to coordinate it with my team, I make sure to let them know ASAP so that they can compensate.

One more thing to keep in mind: dispelling DP against a Spriest running with the Insanity talent is almost always worth it, VT or no VT.

#3 salice

salice
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Like he said, situational, seem like you're doing it right. Dispel when pressure is low, cc's have been used, you're in good position etc.

If priest is insanity, I almost always attempt to dispel Plague immediately if I've already used shield on the target.

#4 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2211
  • 3v3: 2505

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

kk, thanks for the help guys. Good to know I'm doing it right :)
Youtube: Youtube.com/LytningPvP
Live Stream: Twitch.tv/LytningPvP
Twitter: Twitter.com/LytningPvP

Posted Image

#5 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

if a cleave is just training the priest all game he's not gonna get many vts off, dispelling them is pretty good
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spriest, shadow, priest, dp, devouring, plauge, dot, dispel, purify

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<