irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 766

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Nice utility skills that would actually add to our skill cap from our current talent tree is having vigilance (or bladestorm) and heroic throw silence as baseline.

Viglance is such a great skill on a fairly short cooldown that can be used as another cc breaker and as a good peel for your partners.  No one takes it because safeguard root break is pretty much our only option atm.

Bladestorm~~~  Bladestorming cc including stun right after cc lands so you get the dr as well was a very fun and enjoyable play to many of us skillful warriors.  It does shit damage as arms even with cooldowns so why not make it a baseline so good warriors can actually have some fun with it.

Yes, the pummel silence was ridiculously OP but no one really complained about the heroic throw silence and that was pretty much our only defense line outside of spell reflect vs spell cleaves.  Remember heroic throw cross with deep?  Things like that really differentiated good warriors from other bad warriors.  I really don't get why Blizz took it out along with pummel silence...

Things I miss from playing warriors in arena since s3 can be summarized as below along with many others.
- Intercept!!!
- Spell reflect on 10 sec cd
- Shield block + Revenge combo in d-stance
- Tons of rage while being trained all day.

Why was battle stance buff reverted again?  I don't know...  I was actually looking forward to weapon swapping with this change.  Now, there isn't really anything we can look forward to in 5.3 besides little better survival while in d-stance.

I still have my hopes in holinka... but we will see.

#42 Veev

Veev
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

View Postmoelol, on 11 April 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

all the warriors i played with last season are 2400+ this season.

Posted Image

#43 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

the first warrior team i see in bloodlust 3v3 is at 2223.  theres a shitload of 23-2400 kfc on shadowburn, which i don't understand kfc is seriously garbage.  besides that there is only 1 other team @ 2400 mine on cyclone which basically doesn't count cuz... well cyclone, where is this claim coming from?

#44 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostVeev, on 11 April 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

in all honestly, that is more so because the other classes got overbuffed.

i feel like if mages/spriest/rogue/dk weren't broken as fuck, warriors would have a much higher rep.

edit: actually, not overbuffed, more like warriors broken in 5.0 masked the blatently broken classes, such as mage and spriest.  as god comp is literally all the ladder is.

Edited by hairpiece, 11 April 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#45 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

PRO-linka said he is reading. One can only hope.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#46 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

View Postkazuhmeer, on 11 April 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

the first warrior team i see in bloodlust 3v3 is at 2223.  theres a shitload of 23-2400 kfc on shadowburn, which i don't understand kfc is seriously garbage.  besides that there is only 1 other team @ 2400 mine on cyclone which basically doesn't count cuz... well cyclone, where is this claim coming from?

Well, actually current ladder ranking can be misleading a bit.  I myself gotten past 2300+ with kfc, 2200+ with tsg and kitty, 2100+ playing war/rogue/disc and war/ret/sham which I consider both a shit comp... I know Illoon got past 2300+ with kfc/monk heal and Laros getting past 2.3k mmr as well with war/sp/heal something like that.

Thing is that you need three really good players to even get past 2200+ as a warrior comp in Tichondrius and also rogue/dks pretty much fill up our spot so it's hard to find good players to play with even when you have the glad achivement :0

Yesterday for example I found a 2.3kish hunter to play kfc with but in the begining he was refusing to play kfc and rather looking for thug cleave partners.  After we had some good winning streaks above 2.1k mmr with disc priest, he finally gave in to my opinion of KFC still being fairly strong.

Problem of BG9 player is that they want to play only the top tier/op/fotm comp and they don't wanna give it a try when it comes down to non-op comp and it is probably going to stay that way without much change to warrior in upcomming patch.

#47 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

One thing I would like to add about warriors that has bugged me for awhile.  MS is like, an iconic warrior ability, for me at least.  Now we have DK with necrotic strike which is basically 100% healing debuff, as well as a cast time slow, and can be stacked like mad.  I think its grossly overpowered, and very rarely thought about.  

Also, instead of adding passive damage reduction to every class, and things like buffing d stance, isn't that a sign that damage in pvp should be looked at if you NEED passive reduction to not get globaled?  either increase resil even more, add a battle fatigue like debuff affecting damage abilities, or seperate the damage pve and pvp.

#48 Lipgloss

Lipgloss
  • Junkies

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

some sad mo fugus in this thread...

#49 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostLipgloss, on 11 April 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

some sad mo fugus in this thread...
LoL  Giantz... We're not sad, bro.  You probably were sad last season :P

We're just hoping for some postive changes in warrior arena play that would also add to our skill cap.  We don't want mongo damage and one shot macro but more utility like skills that can affect the outcome of arena match outside of just pure damage.

#50 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

Unbridled Wrath (New) Whenever you are struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect, you generate 15 Rage over 10 sec. Warrior

I am a game changer I know, I know

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#51 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostBraindance, on 12 April 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Unbridled Wrath (New) Whenever you are struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect, you generate 15 Rage over 10 sec. Warrior

More than likely means they are going to remove it from Second Wind. Decent change.
Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#52 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

View PostDeonto, on 12 April 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

More than likely means they are going to remove it from Second Wind. Decent change.
y opens regen and vr so nice

#53 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Would be awesome if it went back to 20 rage. Would be a very small buff but a nice one.

Edited by Deonto, 12 April 2013 - 04:31 AM.

Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#54 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Unbridled Wrath (New) Whenever you are struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect, you generate 15 Rage over 10 sec. Warrior - Arms & Fury Spec.

Good change that will only affect PvP, not sure if that will be enough to help us though. At least they are doing changes & adjustments quickly.
Posted Image
-------------------------------forever---------------duelist-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube....h?v=GLNJfWpIHLA

#55 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostBraindance, on 12 April 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Wait...  So this is on top of our current second wind effect?

Second Wind
Requires Warrior
Requires level 30
Whenever you are below 35% health, you regenerate 3% health per second.

Whenever you are struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect, you generate 15 Rage over 10 sec.

So we generate 30 rage over 10 sec now?  That would be quite awesom but it seems more like they are going to remove the rage part out of second wind effect after this Unbridled Wrath (New) change.

At least, it opens the window for us to choose other talents over second wind.  Enraged Regeneration, anyone?  I guess it's a postive change at the very minimal form.  Thanks~ Blizzard aka Holinka.

#56 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

I stopped playing my Warrior around the time 5.1 came out.  Even though the damage was absolutely retarded from TfB, I just really didn't enjoy playing it anymore.  In my opinion Blizzard has made a serious mistake with several classes including Warriors.

They've gotten too far away from what always used to define certain classes.  They took away every healer's unique basic heals in the name of balance, they completely changed the way stances work for Warriors and removed some key abilities from the Arms arsenal, and many more things I am missing.

I miss the days when I went into Defensive stance because I needed to play defensively.  When they started allowing every ability to be used in every stance, it was intended to be a quality of life buff, but it just ended up taking away from what it meant to be a Warrior.

I'd like to see them bring back some of the old class quirks for everyone.  I think this new talent system is better than what we used to have, but I think some of the choices made to change base abilities into talented abilities were not wise.  This is a problem with more classes than just Warriors.

I think Warriors really got the short end of the stick with talents because a lot of their talents(and glyphs) are just old Prot talents that everyone got access to in MoP.  If Blizzard spent less time working on the obnoxious super long 85-90 quest grind and spent more time testing and polishing the new talents we would be in a much better place in PvP and PvE.

#57 usingg

usingg
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

View Postirubuwrongtime, on 12 April 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Wait...  So this is on top of our current second wind effect?

Second Wind
Requires Warrior
Requires level 30
Whenever you are below 35% health, you regenerate 3% health per second.

Whenever you are struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect, you generate 15 Rage over 10 sec.

So we generate 30 rage over 10 sec now?  That would be quite awesom but it seems more like they are going to remove the rage part out of second wind effect after this Unbridled Wrath (New) change.

At least, it opens the window for us to choose other talents over second wind.  Enraged Regeneration, anyone?  I guess it's a postive change at the very minimal form.  Thanks~ Blizzard aka Holinka.

I don't think you can stray away from 2nd wind in pvp, but there might be some more changes incoming
Posted Image
Spoiler

#58 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

if the new passive goes live thats the writing on the wall for 2nd wind going away

#59 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

View Postkazuhmeer, on 13 April 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

if the new passive goes live thats the writing on the wall for 2nd wind going away

Have to agree with that.  No way second wind is staying as it is with that change.  Only thing about Enraged regen is the 30 rage it costs or you need to be enraged.  Now it could just be enough to save you in a kidney shot / deep freeze, but I doubt it.  Pasting ability below for easy comparison.  20% HP over 10 seconds is only about 80k HP...but you'll probably be dead before the 10 seconds is up and you might not even be able to use it if you don't have the rage or you are not enraged.

Edit: Second wind is roughly 12k hp a second below 35% HP.  So it would take roughly 7 seconds to give the same healing and it can be used more obviously.  It's a tough choice.

30 Rage Instant cast 1 min cooldown
Requires Warrior
Requires level 30Instantly heals you for 10% of your total health, and an additional 10% over 5 sec.

Can be used while stunned. Costs no Rage if used while Enraged.

Edited by ardnut, 15 April 2013 - 08:14 AM.

* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#60 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

i think enraged regen will be the new go to against mages at least, assuming they don't get nerfed at all.  20% over 5s usable while stunned is pretty decent, with the new passive you'll be swimming in rage from nova's anyway.  impending victory is super appealing since its basically free (10 rage) and a low CD, maybe good against dot cleaves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<