• Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Garona
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 671
  • 3v3: 1679
  • RBG: 384

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Yes I know Ardnutt, that where the "bring back" came from. Even though back then I hardly play a warrior so I might have a bad vision of what warrior real gameplay was (I started playing mine in late s10...)

Not sure about the "Yet warrior are still superior to dks", am I understanding it right or wat ?

Edited by Zerych, 11 April 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#22 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1850
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2388
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Shield wall could be better if it didn't have such a long cooldown for just 40% reduction. Which still promotes people to keep training. Bringing it to a 3 min cd would make it more relyable.
Perhaps increase our damage too during the time shieldwall is active so we can stay offensive during it.
It won't be a offensive cooldown but more something to make up for the reduction of damage.  We wield a 1h and shield anyways.

I don't really mind the cooldown on stance swaps. It shoulden't be something that could just be spammed.

Spell reflection is what i agree on the most. Right now most casters can kill warriors within melee range without the need to cast. Reflecting was a good way to distinguish good warriors with the proper use of it.

Blizzards design for warriors in pvp is damage and mobility. Wile we do a good ammount of damage it can be easly peeled unlike some other classes. And if it happens you have to wait 3 minutes before you can do it again.

Mobility wise we are a joke compared to any other melee at the moment. Every melee has some kind of charge like ability now. And some even have a spammabe slow/ root removal. And this is why they gave casters so much instants and are almost unable to cast when one of those sit on them.

These things makes warriors harder to manage. Not only for outselves but also for our teammates. That way they choose other classes over ours. Cause we give them nothing helpful other then a skull banner every 3 minutes.
Posted Image

#23 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Shield wall is a joke
reflect's cooldown is a joke
having to spam slows with half my globals is stupid
I miss the days of not getting trained start to finish by wizards every game.

Also as a side note: Fuck ring of peace

That is all

#24 Dividium

Dividium
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2036

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostPinka, on 11 April 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Mobility wise we are a joke compared to any other melee at the moment. Every melee has some kind of charge like ability now.

I'm pretty sure warriors have "charge", but I could be wrong..

Along with leap and safeguard, I don't really see the problem with your mobility. I do however agree on the other points that were made.

Edited by Dividium, 11 April 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#25 Polke

Polke
  • Junkies

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Welcome to boomkin every season

#26 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1850
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2388
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostDividium, on 11 April 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure warriors have "charge", but I could be wrong..

Along with leap and safeguard, I don't really see the problem with your mobility. I do however agree on the other points that were made.

By that point i meant. As blizzard unique design revolves around mobility rather then control. It doesn't feel unique at all since the other melee have the same or even better mobility these days. It's not a problem with warrior mobility. It's just a fail in design. Cause warrs will just be left with the less cc part.

Edited by Pinka, 11 April 2013 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Flöt

Flöt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

They should honestly just patch the game to pre-4.0 and take it from there with adding new cooldowns and stuff.
Every class felt alot more fun to play back then if you ask me.

One could dream I guess.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostPinka, on 11 April 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Shield wall could be better if it didn't have such a long cooldown for just 40% reduction. Which still promotes people to keep training. Bringing it to a 3 min cd would make it more relyable.
Perhaps increase our damage too during the time shieldwall is active so we can stay offensive during it.
It won't be a offensive cooldown but more something to make up for the reduction of damage.  We wield a 1h and shield anyways.

you know that When Dks go (blood) they loose free death coils and 0.5 globals and around 15runic cost from burst? yeah sure they got instant 2trinkets and wall but hey, warriors beat dks any day 1v1, also if you had more damage in wielding 1h shield it would be retarded and warriors are fine just need some little tweaking, its not like you cant global anyone anymore so you hate?

#29 Zerych

Zerych
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Garona
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 671
  • 3v3: 1679

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

You are a great troll Zerlogdjfrostbomb... A really good and discret troll

#30 Baksteen

Baksteen
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 576
  • Locationup and down in and out

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

View Posthoodrych, on 11 April 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

pretty much agree with all of this, nice post. obviously warriors were stupid at the beginning of MOP with gag order and swifty one shot, but now that all of that has been toned down you can really see the age of the class.

spell reflect and shield block that actually reduced melee damage are my two biggest gripes. warriors are so weak against casters inherently and a lot of that is spell reflect. no one ever complained about 10s spell reflect in arena, when the nerf happened people were scratching their heads. it's a well designed ability, you actually lose all your damage, have to manually switch 1h/shield and either get the spell you wanted or it could get eaten by a moonfire, but at least you had the option every 10s, and there was a penalty. now if spell reflect is used you pray to have leap or prepare to get blasted for 25 seconds.

i've hated colossus smash since the beginning, it adds so much more clunkiness to our rotation and makes bursting a joke. a lot of our play style is clunky now too, which just makes it not very fun to play (been that way for a while). won't even comment on shield wall since you covered that nicely. dying to physical damage faster then cloth is old, thats my second biggest gripe, armor pen or melee abilities that ignore armor just crush through warriors like nothing. it's a sad state when I die faster to a cleave then my warlock does, so much for armor.

ive played this shit forever and it's really awful to just not even want to play, i logged in to cap today and just got bored and didn't even bother, it's just not even fun because of zero utility and being forced to play a 3min slam machine, literally chaning a couple 90k slams every 3 minutes is our only saving grace.

lastly, i've never really played an alt seriously but ww monk is amazing. i know they aren't super well represented and our weak vs some stuff but so much more enjoyable then warriors. so similar to warriors in a lot of ways.. playing a class that has actual modernized cooldowns has really opened my eyes to how ancient warrior abilities are. perma mini colossus smash, baseline imp hamstring, more mobility, more useful defenses. idk...

I also switched to my WW monk and in many ways it felt safe and like home since it is so much alike warriors but the class it updated unlike warriors as you said in your post.

Still WW monks are only viable with a couple of classes and it can be tricky trying to stay on targets since roll isn't reliable at all.

Other then that it's a great class much like warriors that might need a passive dmg reduction stance (brewmaster stance?) to be 100% viable in arena.

#31 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

View Posthoodrych, on 11 April 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

pretty much agree with all of this, nice post. obviously warriors were stupid at the beginning of MOP with gag order and swifty one shot, but now that all of that has been toned down you can really see the age of the class.

ive played this shit forever and it's really awful to just not even want to play, i logged in to cap today and just got bored and didn't even bother, it's just not even fun because of zero utility and being forced to play a 3min slam machine, literally chaning a couple 90k slams every 3 minutes is our only saving grace.

Some classes got their play style ruined, like affliction lock and discipline priest, those are simply not fun to play anymore even though both have their viable comps(especially disc priest) and I don't think that's the case for warriors. It's like some classes ruin arena for them.

I think the game is done for this expansion, the new give everyone extra instant cc/stun/interrupt, add huge offensive cooldowns, the dispel system, the new talent system approach was a fiasco.

I play with a warrior, even though it's painful to run behind the pillar with him every 20 seconds, we manage to reach semi-decent rating with a lot of effort, then we lose all the points we gained that session just in a few games because someone decided to put a silencing shot/blanket cs on me and my warrior friend got killed in 3 seconds before the 1 minute mark.

Edited by Djandawg, 11 April 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#32 Crankyboern

Crankyboern
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2165

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Warriors are fine. Balance wise.

All the other specs are op if everyone was as weak as warrior is the game would be fun!

#33 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostCrankyboern, on 11 April 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

Warriors are fine. Balance wise.

All the other specs are op if everyone was as weak as warrior is the game would be fun!
I think you ignored the big, bold part at the start of the thread - this is not a thread about balance

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#34 Crankyboern

Crankyboern
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2165

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

i somewhat got offtopic while reading...
as you can see in my previous post i didnt ignore your disclaimer at first ..

sorry ^_^

#35 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

play fury and have somewhat fun with warriors again!

al 3 stances have a use, zerk is insanely good with any dots on you, you have room for other talents such as bladestorm, you can passively snare with HS glyph since HS is used a ton as fury, and i dont really find the damage rotation clunky at all, especially since cs is only 1 every 30s.

as far as arms, the only real fun i have anymore is eating traps (i don't know why i find that fun, i guess cause its actually hard sometimes), or pre-intervening cc (blind, scatter, etc).  The playstyle is so mindless.  I think if the cooldown on stances was just removed to a 1.5s gcd, it could at least add some interesting style back, berzerker stance could be used well.  The only time you can use it right now with people actually on you and not just dots is if the other team doesn't have a stun up or you are fully dr'd.

#36 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Very nice post, I agree with everything that has been said! I would love to see some big changes to warriors asap. I really hate the current play style , its really boring , actually never felt this boring to play warrior before :( Post this on the forums / tweet holinka please! I'd prefer to not having to wait another two seasons before they make warriors extremely overpowered again. Warriors definately need alot of changes.
Posted Image
-------------------------------forever---------------duelist-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube....h?v=GLNJfWpIHLA

#37 moelol

moelol
  • Lilbthebased
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

all the warriors i played with last season are 2400+ this season.

#38 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Nerf burst dmg
Buff sustained dmg
Decrease cooldown on spell reflection
Change Stormbolt and Bladestorms spots in talents.
Buff survability slightly (should be fine in 5.3 maybe with 25% def stance)

Warrior will be a lot more fun and fixed.

#39 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

View Postmoelol, on 11 April 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

all the warriors i played with last season are 2400+ this season.
I am really happy for you that you play with such beast warriors, but what does this have ANYTHING to do with this thread?

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#40 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostZerlog, on 11 April 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

you know that When Dks go (blood) they loose free death coils and 0.5 globals and around 15runic cost from burst? yeah sure they got instant 2trinkets and wall but hey, warriors beat dks any day 1v1, also if you had more damage in wielding 1h shield it would be retarded and warriors are fine just need some little tweaking, its not like you cant global anyone anymore so you hate?

LOL
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<