• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1974
  • 3v3: 2385
  • RBG: 192

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Ret hunt disc is higher imo. PHDk with pally too. And u should call this godcomp:p

#62 Tundaplz

Tundaplz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

^Bump up PHDK, at least in Tier 1.

Rets didn't really exist last season. Now they are all running Ret/Hunter/Disc. That comp should ATLEAST be in Tier 2 if not Tier 1. I don't get why you put Thug Cleave(W/O disc priest) in tier 2, should remain in tier 1 regardless of what healer you have. Enhance/Hunter/Disc, weren't you just running this at 2500 MMR? Like, you put BOTH the comps you run on your characters in Tier 3, when you know they don't belong there AT ALL. Literally, Eles are in Tier 3, and you're trying to say Ret/Hunter/Disc belongs there, rofl. Oh, and what about DK/Spriest/Rsham? First comp to hit 2700 at the start of the season, I'm pretty sure none of the classes have received any nerfs to affect that comp at all.

Such a pointless list... seems more like a list of "What Vanguards thinks should be nerfed." If you want a list of that here you go:

DKs
Spriests
Rogues
Hunters
Druids(Heart of the Wild mainly)

If not nerfs, then some classes require some tuning to their survivability.

Edited by Tundaplz, 17 April 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#63 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

It's extremely difficult to get a 100% accurate list, but it is mostly accurate.  I think PHD should be tier 2 also.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#64 Another

Another
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2482

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostTundaplz, on 17 April 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

^Bump up PHDK, at least in Tier 1.

Rets didn't really exist last season. Now they are all running Ret/Hunter/Disc. That comp should ATLEAST be in Tier 2 if not Tier 1. I don't get why you put Thug Cleave(W/O disc priest) in tier 2, should remain in tier 1 regardless of what healer you have. Enhance/Hunter/Disc, weren't you just running this at 2500 MMR? Like, you put BOTH the comps you run on your characters in Tier 3, when you know they don't belong there AT ALL. Literally, Eles are in Tier 3, and you're trying to say Ret/Hunter/Disc belongs there, rofl. Oh, and what about DK/Spriest/Rsham? First comp to hit 2700 at the start of the season, I'm pretty sure none of the classes have received any nerfs to affect that comp at all.

Such a pointless list... seems more like a list of "What Vanguards thinks should be nerfed." If you want a list of that here you go:

DKs
Spriests
Rogues
Hunters
Druids(Heart of the Wild mainly)

If not nerfs, then some classes require some tuning to their survivability.

I don't think you know what tier 1 means. If someone gets high with a comp it doesn't mean its tier 1 or tier 2. Can you tell me what else would you nerf for dks and sp?

#65 horyshit

horyshit
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2585

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostIcekingx, on 11 April 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

LEL BRONY XD

#66 Mindsmoothie

Mindsmoothie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1846
  • 3v3: 2057
  • RBG: 2019

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

I think you're forgetting Feral/destro/hpal I see this shit on ladder every 3rd game it feels like.

#67 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostLapeane, on 17 April 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Ret hunt disc is higher imo. PHDk with pally too. And u should call this godcomp:p
I think thugcleave is god comp aka never lose unless you suck dick
Posted Image

#68 Goreclit

Goreclit
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/0/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1964

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

I don't think warrior/mage/priest is as bad as some of the other comps on the tier 4 list...It seems to do pretty well against rps, which is really common nowadays.  Maybe that's just my experience but idk, I think it should probably be tier 3-ish. KFC is tier 2 worthy also imo.

Also I don't know how in the seven hells PHD was put in tier 4 :S

Edited by Goreclit, 17 April 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#69 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2221
  • 3v3: 2400
  • 5v5: 2461
  • RBG: 2118

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

I feel like ww/hunter and ww/spriest should be higher up... they're actually pretty good

#70 Cakesz

Cakesz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Tier 2
Warrior / Shadow Priest / Healer

This isn't true simply because of how many X/ShadowPriest/Healer, which is better than that.

Edited by Cakesz, 17 April 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#71 Tundaplz

Tundaplz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostAnother, on 17 April 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

I don't think you know what tier 1 means. If someone gets high with a comp it doesn't mean its tier 1 or tier 2. Can you tell me what else would you nerf for dks and sp?

Actually, I understand what Tier 1 means. Pretty sure ratings affect which tier a certain comp belongs in. He's putting a comp of Ele Shamans in the same tier as Ret/Hunter/Disc. If it isn't based off of rating, he's basing it off of whatever just completely destroys people, and in that case why isn't DK/Spriest/Rsham in Tier 1? Why isn't Ret/Hunter/Disc moved up at least 1 tier. It's basically listed off by fotm comps. Why don't you check ladders and see how many Ret/Hunter/Discs exist now, as well as PHDKs, Rsham/DK/SPriest.

For nerfs:

DKs do not need 2 grips, they don't need a "oops stun was on dr, let me strang you instead of it stunning you." They definitely don't need a dispel. Necrotic doesn't need a mind numbing effect on it. They even have a second trinket.

Spriests shouldn't even have Mass Dispel. Spriests should receive a lockout similar to counter spell. Instead of relying on a 5 second blanket, they should be able to lock someone out. IMO that 5 second blanket is retarded, being able to drop someone to 30% or less by yourself in a silence.

That's based off of what I think should happen. Both classes have retarded amounts of damage.

#72 Another

Another
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2482

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostTundaplz, on 17 April 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Actually, I understand what Tier 1 means. Pretty sure ratings affect which tier a certain comp belongs in. He's putting a comp of Ele Shamans in the same tier as Ret/Hunter/Disc. If it isn't based off of rating, he's basing it off of whatever just completely destroys people, and in that case why isn't DK/Spriest/Rsham in Tier 1? Why isn't Ret/Hunter/Disc moved up at least 1 tier. It's basically listed off by fotm comps. Why don't you check ladders and see how many Ret/Hunter/Discs exist now, as well as PHDKs, Rsham/DK/SPriest.

For nerfs:

DKs do not need 2 grips, they don't need a "oops stun was on dr, let me strang you instead of it stunning you." They definitely don't need a dispel. Necrotic doesn't need a mind numbing effect on it. They even have a second trinket.

Spriests shouldn't even have Mass Dispel. Spriests should receive a lockout similar to counter spell. Instead of relying on a 5 second blanket, they should be able to lock someone out. IMO that 5 second blanket is retarded, being able to drop someone to 30% or less by yourself in a silence.

That's based off of what I think should happen. Both classes have retarded amounts of damage.

No, ratings don't mean anything unless its TR and even then you can get high by queue dodging. Tier one comp is a comp that has no hard counter, dk/sp/shaman and PHD have hard counters.

Dks don't have 2 grips, they only have a second grip 3 sec after you've used grip. I can agree with removing strangulate effect from asphyxiate, don't even know why this is in game. Also the "second trinket" doesn't remove disarm, silences and roots. If you remove dispel and mind numbing from DKs what utility are we gonna have left?

I also think sps are getting enough nerfs in 5.3. Both dk and sp dmg is high but then again what class wont have high damage in 5.3?

#73 Phillol

Phillol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2278

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostAnother, on 17 April 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

Dks don't have 2 grips, they only have a second grip 3 sec after you've used grip. I can agree with removing strangulate effect from asphyxiate, don't even know why this is in game. Also the "second trinket" doesn't remove disarm, silences and roots. If you remove dispel and mind numbing from DKs what utility are we gonna have left?

we'll just go back to being little damage bots with no utility it's ok thats how people liked us.

#74 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostPhillol, on 17 April 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

we'll just go back to being little damage bots with no utility it's ok thats how people liked us.

You can literally spam pom/reniew/shields without going out of form and have pretty good casted offheals when u need to, u still have MD only not on an instant cast and you still have grip, how is that no utility wtf.

You also have disgusting burst without having to setup/do anything, sure u have to gather some orbs, but u get enough procs i think

Edited by Conviqx, 18 April 2013 - 12:20 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#75 baltothedog

baltothedog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1853
  • 3v3: 2217
  • 5v5: 2310
  • RBG: 2093

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

WW Monk / Shadow Priest / Shaman

should be tier 2. its just a lack of people playing WW monk that makes it go under the radar, but it destroy almost every melee cleave

also

Enh shaman/ hunter / healer(disc) is a tier 2 comp, its just too strong and i think beast cleave is the safest bet for enh, wich does actually pretty good, cant be tier 3

Rogue/mage/resto sham, belongs to tier 3

in general excellent list

EDIT : scatter play tier 4?  at least tier 3 and maybe 2, there like 3 of them on my bg ( vindi) at 2400+ and 1 of them is rank 1, you cant kill anything

Edited by baltothedog, 18 April 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#76 Tundaplz

Tundaplz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

View PostAnother, on 17 April 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

No, ratings don't mean anything unless its TR and even then you can get high by queue dodging. Tier one comp is a comp that has no hard counter, dk/sp/shaman and PHD have hard counters.

I also think sps are getting enough nerfs in 5.3. Both dk and sp dmg is high but then again what class wont have high damage in 5.3?

Necrotic still applies what 43k healing absorb? Also what utility do you need when you can interrupt someone from casting. DKs don't need a mind numbing. They don't need a dispel, leave that to what Shams/Priests did. Your dispel is a damage ability. Thank god the second trinket doesn't remove silence, roots, and disarms, too bad it removes everything else. I have no idea why you point out the little things the second trinket doesn't remove. It's still a fucking extra trinket that almost every other class doesn't get. That's 5.3, we are talking about currently. We have yet to see 5.3 fully developed and see how everything pans out.

Name each "hard" counter to DK/Spriest/Sham. If you are going to go off of hard counters, how are there only 4 teams in tier 1. Pretty sure Shatree play and Shatter play have counters, and also half of the counters aren't even taken into consideration when making this list. DKs have 2 grips. You just have to use within the 3 seconds, which is insane against mages blinking away, people knocking back after grip. Yes, obviously they should be timing it accordingly so it doesn't line up with the 3 seconds, but they don't need a set bonus that gives them that extra grip.

Edited by Tundaplz, 18 April 2013 - 07:13 AM.

#77 Twochainz

Twochainz

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Hmm, having RLS as t4, and Splay as t3. . .RLS is for sure the same, if not better then Splay. . I've splayed for 3 seasons, and this season, it just doesn't have the juice! xD

#78 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1565
  • 3v3: 2279
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostTwochainz, on 18 April 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Hmm, having RLS as t4, and Splay as t3. . .RLS is for sure the same, if not better then Splay. . I've splayed for 3 seasons, and this season, it just doesn't have the juice! xD

RLS don't have a shadow priest m8
Posted Image

#79 Phake1

Phake1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/2/0/2
  • LocationToronto Ontario Canada

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostConviqx, on 18 April 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

You can literally spam pom/reniew/shields without going out of form and have pretty good casted offheals when u need to, u still have MD only not on an instant cast and you still have grip, how is that no utility wtf.

You also have disgusting burst without having to setup/do anything, sure u have to gather some orbs, but u get enough procs i think

Phil is talking about Death Knights, not Spriests. Good lord
Posted Image
http://www.twitch.tv/phakest

View PostGrishnaz, on 12 March 2011 - 03:22 PM, said:

IBF is like putting a pillow in front of you to stop a knife

#80 Phillol

Phillol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/0/0