#1 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

I still have my first PC that is 9+ years old.
It has Windows Vista installed and it runs really badly. Even when I play a video on it it plays on noticeably low FPS. Everything just runs pretty slow to the extent that it's annoying.

Which part do you think do I have to replace to enable the PC to at least run videos without fps drops?
It only has 1500 MB RAM which obviously doesn't run in dual channel.

#2 melignent

melignent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 1340

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

want us to find the bottleneck? but you do not put any info/specs on computer. some insight would be helpful

#3 iyzn

iyzn
  • Members
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

A new computer.

If you want to upgrade FPS that's usually RAM or in some cases gfx cards, which from 9 years ago means you may need to change the mobo to get better ram (ddr3 or so), then your CPU with that.. Then even if your 9 y/o PSU can handle the wattage increased you've still replaced most of your computer.

In short, when replacing parts on a very old computer, expect to replace a lot. Your computer only runs as quick as your slowest part.

Mobo > CPU > RAM > GFX (if shared)

Just noticed you said for videos only.. Replacing the RAM with something better will work, but you need to find out what ddr you need and the older ddr's are getting harder to find/acquire.

Hope this made sense, I'm tired.

#4 Unoriginal1

Unoriginal1
  • Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

You need to provide system specs...
You can have 80 gigs of ram... (yes exhagerating to make a point) will do zero good if you don't have a proc, integrated graphics, etc that can keep up.  All memory is, is a temporary storage that the proc talks to through the front side bus to perform operations.

As stated above... We need system specs to help you out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<