• Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Talents
Living Bomb had damage rebalanced to have more of the damage in the DoT component of the spell and less in the final explosion.

Are the living bomb changes of a significant value that it could compete with nether tempest without relying on the explosion element completely?  I'm curious because with an emphasis on the DoT portion of the living bomb spell you could potentially avoid the risks of ruining a CC chain that we presently experience with NT but still do enough damage to score a kill.  Seems a little more skill oriented that you'd have to micro-manage your dot timers to avoid breaking your cc as well (but not really).

View PostAvengelyne, on 17 September 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

I've actually made a lot of friends this season, I don't think anyone hates me or thinks i'm scum or thinks I cheat or thinks i'm toxic for the game. I'm definitely not a faggot as i've had a girlfriend for the past 3 years. I've also graduated College last year and working in my field currently so even if we come last place there it's not the end of the world, I got to meet up with friends I play with and against online and got to go to Manhattan on for a paid vactation.. And i'm a goddamn Ret paladin so there's a factor of respect given by the community for making it this far.

#2 Harlemshake

Harlemshake
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Poststalebagel, on 10 April 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Talents
Living Bomb had damage rebalanced to have more of the damage in the DoT component of the spell and less in the final explosion.

Are the living bomb changes of a significant value that it could compete with nether tempest without relying on the explosion element completely?  I'm curious because with an emphasis on the DoT portion of the living bomb spell you could potentially avoid the risks of ruining a CC chain that we presently experience with NT but still do enough damage to score a kill.  Seems a little more skill oriented that you'd have to micro-manage your dot timers to avoid breaking your cc as well (but not really).
if you care about not breaking cc right now you use living bomb vs teams that train mages already. the damage that nether tempest does vs living bomb is massively over rated anyway, unless you fight a team that all stacks up ontop of each other so all 3 nether tempest dots can cleave.

Edited by Harlemshake, 10 April 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#3 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

i figured the reason why NT was so good was due to Brain Freeze procs .. you would  have to wait for living bomb to blow up in order to gain brain freeze.. at that point why wouldnt  you just choose frostbomb for the burst that frostbomb also provides?
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#4 snugglebunny

snugglebunny

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

I know this is prob an outdated question, but : is the NT breaking cc thing intentional? It seems silly that they wouldn't even put a glyph in to negate it

#5 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostHarlemshake, on 10 April 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

if you care about not breaking cc right now you use living bomb vs teams that train mages already. the damage that nether tempest does vs living bomb is massively over rated anyway, unless you fight a team that all stacks up ontop of each other so all 3 nether tempest dots can cleave.

I doubt it's as underrated as you say.  I remember reading somewhere that the explosion of living bomb was equivalent to around half of living bomb's overall damage making refreshing it a very poor choice in terms of output and if you aren't doing enough damage to land a kill during a CC chain the measures you've taken respectively are put to shame nonetheless.  I believe that the haste values required for an extra tick during nether tempest are less than living bomb making it superior for brain freeze procs as well.  There's way too many intelligent people number crunching for something as fundamental as living bomb's viability to go unnoticed.  Hopefully these recent changes in values are enough to make the NT vs LB choice a little less one-sided.

View PostAvengelyne, on 17 September 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

I've actually made a lot of friends this season, I don't think anyone hates me or thinks i'm scum or thinks I cheat or thinks i'm toxic for the game. I'm definitely not a faggot as i've had a girlfriend for the past 3 years. I've also graduated College last year and working in my field currently so even if we come last place there it's not the end of the world, I got to meet up with friends I play with and against online and got to go to Manhattan on for a paid vactation.. And i'm a goddamn Ret paladin so there's a factor of respect given by the community for making it this far.

#6 Spinmove

Spinmove

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 10 April 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

i figured the reason why NT was so good was due to Brain Freeze procs .. you would  have to wait for living bomb to blow up in order to gain brain freeze.. at that point why wouldnt  you just choose frostbomb for the burst that frostbomb also provides?

I read somewhere that living bomb ticks proc brain freeze at a higher rate because of less chances to proc. is this not the case?
Posted Image

#7 Harlemshake

Harlemshake
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostSpinmove, on 11 April 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

I read somewhere that living bomb ticks proc brain freeze at a higher rate because of less chances to proc. is this not the case?
nether tempest ticks every 0.8 of a second or so, living bomb ticks every 1.4 seconds or so

a single living bomb tick has a higher chance to proc brainfreeze then a single nether tempest tick, but since nether tempest is ticking twice as fast, it has far more potential for lucky streaks of back to back procs so in that sense it can sometimes give you more damage.

regardless, if you play a comp that relies on polys sticking to get kills, like rmp for example, and you are playing vs something that makes frostbomb difficult/impossible to cast, you are kinda stupid if you dont use living bomb, the 4%-5% less total damage you will probably do over the course of the match is more then made up for by landing full 8 second sheeps

obviously if you play a comp that gets kills in blanket silence deep freezes like godcomp etc then you would never need to go living bomb since you prolly dont even need to have poly bound xD

Edited by Harlemshake, 11 April 2013 - 02:05 AM.

#8 Harlemshake

Harlemshake
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostSpinmove, on 11 April 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

its something like each nether tempest tick has an 11% chance, each living bomb tick has a 24% chance. With zero haste all 3 bombs give the same total chance for one guaranteed proc over their duration

#9 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

Wait I thought living bomb didn't proc brainfreeze? So with this new change think LB will be better vs NT?

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#10 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

View Poststalebagel, on 10 April 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

I doubt it's as underrated as you say.  I remember reading somewhere that the explosion of living bomb was equivalent to around half of living bomb's overall damage making refreshing it a very poor choice in terms of output and if you aren't doing enough damage to land a kill during a CC chain the measures you've taken respectively are put to shame nonetheless.  I believe that the haste values required for an extra tick during nether tempest are less than living bomb making it superior for brain freeze procs as well.  There's way too many intelligent people number crunching for something as fundamental as living bomb's viability to go unnoticed.  Hopefully these recent changes in values are enough to make the NT vs LB choice a little less one-sided.

you can refresh LB now below a certain amount of time and it will still explode

#11 Spinmove

Spinmove

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

View PostHarlemshake, on 11 April 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

its something like each nether tempest tick has an 11% chance, each living bomb tick has a 24% chance. With zero haste all 3 bombs give the same total chance for one guaranteed proc over their duration

I thought that was it. I was just confused by the mention of Living Bomb explosion giving a proc.
Posted Image

#12 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

oh i was under the assumption that only the actual explosion gave a proc from living bomb my mistake
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<