Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Power Shot Hotfix!


  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 219
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1710
  • 3v3: 2023
  • 5v5: 2266
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

View PostSabyth, on 12 April 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

I'm amazed that this is such a debated topic. As a warrior my abilities have always been weapon % and it was a given that ap would increase their damage by increasing my dps, with slight normalizations for ap contributions so that slow weapons don't get too out of hand.

Unless Powershot is unique for some odd reason?

I think powershot is just the bow damage, other abilities do have weapon damage + % of ap.

#82 charles34534534

charles34534534
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 167
  • Talents:

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:31 AM

View PostTheGosuStandard, on 12 April 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

I think powershot is just the bow damage, other abilities do have weapon damage + % of ap.

weapon damage isn't your actual weapon damage but your weapon damage+your ap.

#83 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 219
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1710
  • 3v3: 2023
  • 5v5: 2266
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

View Postcharles34534534, on 12 April 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

weapon damage isn't your actual weapon damage but your weapon damage+your ap.

Thanks for clarifying.

Wouldn't this make powershot more consistent with it's damage rather than seeing 25k hits occasionally.

#84 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 427
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 12 April 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

BM also has better pets, with better buffs and a legit stun, not a blind, root, or sleep. Not to mention shorter cooldowns.


BM CC is definitely out of control.

----

As for Hunter CC in general, homogenizing sucks, but IMO they should just give us a targeted, casted freezing arrow. Then you can nerf scatter.

Not sure if I'd be in favor of that, but it would silence a lot of the critics and wouldn't be a nerf (as much as everyone will think otherwise).

Agreed. Traps are just too unreliable against teams that know how to counter it. I know people argue that good hunters will get their traps, but come on. Shadowy apparition eating my trap, gtfo. One thing they could maybe try, is give us that warlock talent that removed pets, and gives you a damage buff and a pet spell. Downside is, you can get cc'ed and lose your extra pet spell that the pet wouldve been able to cast otherwise, but I think if they balance around that it wouldn't be so bad. Replace murder of crows with this. Just do something.. jesus

#85 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3601
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:30 AM


Posted ImageHolinka@holinka29m

@Shield_420 common complaints are mm lost signature shot (silencing), BM has too much instant cc. Perhaps 2 birds with 1 stone.

Hide conversation
And seriously don't be offended, but it is simply sad that many of you as multi glad and high rated players don't know how your abilities scale/work. Those are really fundamental dps mechanics - just take some time and read. I even heard a streamer today whose name I won't mention that was surprised that a rogue could get a full sap after a blind.

I mean come on.......

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#86 Nez

Nez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 2590
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

All this irrational hate is hilarious. Wow players are one of few who'd shank somebody based on what class he plays.

#87 Cyanne

Cyanne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 351
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostTheGosuStandard, on 12 April 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Thanks for clarifying.

Wouldn't this make powershot more consistent with it's damage rather than seeing 25k hits occasionally.

The high % weapon dmg modifier and the lack of static bonus dmg is why the dmg is all over the place.

Simple example:
Let's say your char sheet wep dmg (that bow dmg + scaling from ap btw) is 500-1000.
Powershot is (was) 800% wep dmg. That means it's dmg range is 500*8 to 1000*8.
That's 4000 to 8000.
That's right: not only does your min/max dmg gets modified but (as a consequence) also your dmg range.

Shamelessly stolen from wowwiki:

normalized_damage = base_weapon_damage + (X * Attack Power / 14)

where X is:
  • 1.7 for daggers
  • 2.4 for other one-handed weapons
  • 3.3 for two-handed weapons
  • 2.8 for ranged weapons
the resulting normalized_damage is what is further used into powershot's dmg.

Edited by Cyanne, 12 April 2013 - 02:14 PM.


#88 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 4336
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

View PostBraindance, on 12 April 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

common complaints are mm lost signature shot (silencing), BM has too much instant cc. Perhaps 2 birds with 1 stone.

Oh god I hope so. I had that exact train of thought last night. Though I was tossing around the idea of swapping Intimidation into the talent tree and moving Silencing into the Marks only talents.

I would be wary of doing that *exact* change, since it would give Marks even more CC, but maybe they could offset that with another change.

View PostBraindance, on 12 April 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

I even heard a streamer today whose name I won't mention that was surprised that a rogue could get a full sap after a blind.

Was it a pet class? Maybe he didn't realize that his pet wasn't in combat/attacking?
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#89 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3601
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 13 April 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

Oh god I hope so. I had that exact train of thought last night. Though I was tossing around the idea of swapping Intimidation into the talent tree and moving Silencing into the Marks only talents.

I would be wary of doing that *exact* change, since it would give Marks even more CC, but maybe they could offset that with another change.



Was it a pet class? Maybe he didn't realize that his pet wasn't in combat/attacking?
Nop but I don't want to say more about that since who am I to judge a multi r1. Just a mere observation that even with minimal knowledge of the class mechanics outside your class and with friends at high places you can do anything.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<