#1 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Do you guys all still have a HDD in your PC?
On my SSD I use 27 GB. On my HDD I use 45 GB.

I could easily have both on my SSD which is only 230 GB. I do have an external HDD where I have a lot of things on.
If I wanted to get more space and I don't need a whole TB would it be a good idea to just get a 512 GB SSD?
I remember reading that SSDs break faster and are more unstable so if I bought another would they become useless within 10 years or would they still work fine, just slower?

Also, if I bought another SSD and put all games on my secondary SSD would they run just as fast as if I would put them on my primary SSD on which Windows is too? Or do they run faster when they're on the same as Windows?

#2 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

Really depends on what the fuck you do.  If you don't have a lot of pictures/videos/other random large files you can get by with only flash.

Modern SSDs are not going to break for you under normal usage.  If you're building a database for a webserver that's going to be constantly reading/writing for years on end, then you may start to see some problems.  But for a normal person who installs some games, plays some games, does some web browsing, maybe some photo/video editing, it's not a problem.

Yes, if you put games on a second SSD, they will be just as fast (roughly, there's some more details under the hood but the basic answer is yes).
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<