• Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image

Date: Saturday, 13th of April 2013  

Time: 10pm CET // 9pm London  // 4pm NY // 1pm LA

Stream: LINK

Arena Junkies has decided it is time to answer your questions and discuss our website, our goals and our work with you as readers and writers.

On the stream will be Vanguards, the new ArenaJunkies admin, Sykeasaurus as representative of the moderators and Thaya as one of the most respected contributors. Hildegard will host the show.

We will take questions and topic suggestions from the stream and also from this thread.

#2 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Very nice!

#3 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

special request to have Syke sing a song live

#4 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

I got a question.

Why did you accuse Draen's team of wintrading last TR and being disqualified from going to regionals based on the compelling evidence of a screenshot of the ladders changing? I mean I know he had almost all of the top teams on farm status and all but is it really necessary to call Blizzard or just not have Curse invite him since they hosted the tournament? Why did Diziet's team go when he was literally rank 18 on the ladder? Are we always going to have this kind of treatment to teams who aren't big names in the college dropout play WoW all day community? We all know Blizzard gave special treatment to Snutz's team one year so he could go. Just curious since you all seem to care so much about the WoW esports but make a call to Blizzard to ban certain teams because you feel your team is more deserving.

#5 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'd love to hear a convo on access requirements.  I read this site a ton and am disappointed by the lack of content (let's be honest, the community is getting smaller, it happens) and opening some sections to more people (I don't necessarily mean everyone) could help.  I wrote a guide, for example, that I can't even reply to the thread of, cause I'm "only" 2k rated (a ton of the people who will read the guide are most likley far below that and actually will get value from it, even if many of the Junkies don't).  I heard some great ideas in some of the threads lately, including opening the class forums to more posters - what do you guys think?

#6 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

I would like to know:

a ) What are the qualifications of each person invited in this call. Eg. why is not a senior mod promoted? What experience does Vanguards have as far as handling forums goes? Being a top player does not mean that you have any experience handling a community whatsoever. Same goes for Talbadar

b )Why is half the admin team inactive both on the forums and in game? Shouldn't they be replaced?

c ) Are you happy that you are part of Curse now? Because the only change I have seen since Curse acquired AJ is more commercials, but no tangible, solid changes

d ) What did you do to Rapture?

Edited by Braindance, 08 April 2013 - 08:00 PM.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#7 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostBraindance, on 08 April 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

Same goes for Talbadar
Not sure why you mention Talbadar, considering he only has Content Editor which gives 0 extra permissions on the forum as far as I know. Even news posts require admin/mod assistance to be posted.

(Rest are fair questions, I'll leave them for the podcast.)

Edited by Thaya, 08 April 2013 - 08:16 PM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#8 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostThaya, on 08 April 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Not sure why you mention Talbadar, considering he only has Content Editor which gives 0 extra permissions on the forum as far as I know. Even news posts require admin/mod assistance to be posted.
Not sure why out of the 115 words of my post you comment on only 4 of them.

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#9 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostBraindance, on 08 April 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

Not sure why out of the 115 words of my post you comment on only 4 of them.
Check the edit.

#10 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostThaya, on 08 April 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Check the edit.
posting news =/= managing.

At least, I am happy the picked the right person to groom.

#11 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Content editor =/= administrator.

#12 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Can I get modded?

OR

Can I facelift AJ? As a web developer that has been in the professional industry for over six years and has a client list that includes NFL Teams and Google, this site works and looks like shit :D

Edited by OhhiimMvp, 08 April 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#13 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Why is the front page the ugliest shit on the internet, still posting player rankings from cata and videos noone watches.  Streams are the only worthwhile information, the guides/talents/macros sections are dead.  Title calculator is from cata, fix it or remove it.  Strategy  section isn't maintained, remove it.  

Also, can the mods start ruling with an iron fist already?  The amount of meme shit posts (entire threads even) that I see outside the MS Paint rage thread is pathetic.  Ban that shit.

edit: had to report 3 posts in this thread that have all been removed so far, gj taking out the trash

Edited by kazuhmeer, 08 April 2013 - 11:55 PM.

#14 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 08 April 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

Can I get modded?

OR

Can I facelift AJ? As a web developer that has been in the professional industry for over six years and has a client list that includes NFL Teams and Google, this site works and looks like shit :D

Yeah you need to get new blood in here and a facelift wouldn't hurt. If this guy is legit then have him help fix this site and make it cleaner and more attractive. Once again we need to be recruiting not huddling around a dying site talking about how great we are/were.
Posted Image

#15 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Agree very much about the front page.  It is hard to read, and it doesn't draw attention to the right things IMHO.  Good questions so far.

#16 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

What happened to King of the Hill?

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

#17 Vovvix

Vovvix
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1
  • RBG: 959

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

I think these days players need some form of monetary incentive to not only share their knowledge with the community but also compile it into some sort of written or video guide. Theres no question that producing videos for subscription sites is all the more appealing than spending time creating a guide just purely to help people with literally no incentive nor gain for doing so. Something needs to be done so that A) Players want to create guides and :duckers: players new and old have access to them without paying a subscription fee.

In order to achieve this you could possibly create a whole new section of this site, which is purely dedicated to keeping people up to date with their classes/comps/new abilitys, producing guides for not only lesser skilled players but also for good players coming back to the game and even possibly new players looking to learn.

IMO, in this new section you could add some form of box within their sig or underneath their name or whatever, in which they could choose to have a donate button/twitchtv links/youtube channel. Players would produce good quality guides, gain good publicity for their twitch/youtube channels whilst keeping the possibility of making equal or more cash than a subcription site would pay. It would also be the first place to look for new and old  players alike wanting to learn/refresh as there would be no subscription, only the option to donate/sub players channels.

There are so many extremely well respected players on this forum that i'm sure if they all worked together as a team to really get the word out within a couple months it would be jammed with guides/information. Obviously the more active it would get the more donations/subs players would be getting. I know if i streamed WoW, i'd produce some guides, probably with VoDs and voiceovers just to gain the publicicity for my channel and have the possibility of receiving some donations.

Just my 2c.

#18 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

View PostVovvix, on 09 April 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

I think these days players need some form of monetary incentive to not only share their knowledge with the community but also compile it into some sort of written or video guide. Theres no question that producing videos for subscription sites is all the more appealing than spending time creating a guide just purely to help people with literally no incentive nor gain for doing so. Something needs to be done so that A) Players want to create guides and :duckers: players new and old have access to them without paying a subscription fee.

In order to achieve this you could possibly create a whole new section of this site, which is purely dedicated to keeping people up to date with their classes/comps/new abilitys, producing guides for not only lesser skilled players but also for good players coming back to the game and even possibly new players looking to learn.

IMO, in this new section you could add some form of box within their sig or underneath their name or whatever, in which they could choose to have a donate button/twitchtv links/youtube channel. Players would produce good quality guides, gain good publicity for their twitch/youtube channels whilst keeping the possibility of making equal or more cash than a subcription site would pay. It would also be the first place to look for new and old  players alike wanting to learn/refresh as there would be no subscription, only the option to donate/sub players channels.

There are so many extremely well respected players on this forum that i'm sure if they all worked together as a team to really get the word out within a couple months it would be jammed with guides/information. Obviously the more active it would get the more donations/subs players would be getting. I know if i streamed WoW, i'd produce some guides, probably with VoDs and voiceovers just to gain the publici
Just my 2c.
No they don't. They need to man it up and help a fellow man. This is a game for crying out loud.

#19 Vovvix

Vovvix
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1
  • RBG: 959

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

View PostBraindance, on 09 April 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

No they don't. They need to man it up and help a fellow man. This is a game for crying out loud.

Agreed, that doesn't solve the problem. Any player that is capable of making a good guide that helps others learn either gets paid by a subscription based site to produce them, or have no physical place to put a guide that would be viewed by enough people to make it worthwhile, Youtube guides don't count.

We can either say, "hey guys just sack up and make guides for people" which answers itself in the fact that there are currently piss all guides on here, or we could say "hey guys wanna make some guides, have the possibility of gaining some donations and gain alot of publicity for your twitch channel?".

#20 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

As a matter of fact, since this whole content/guide conversation started, we've seen four new guides for the following specs: shadow priest, holy paladin, balance druid and enhancement shaman.

Nothing was even changed yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<