Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

More 5.3 PvP Changes

pvp 5.3 changes

  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Moosex

Moosex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 36
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

PvP
  • Battle Fatigue now reduces the amount of healing and absorbs by 50%, up from 30%.


Any thoughts?
Posted Image

#2 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1243
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

It's because they're buffing PvP power for healers.

#3 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

So after the buff to pvp power and the debuff to healing through battle fatigue is it an overall buff or debuff to healing?
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#4 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1243
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Healing shouldn't change at all. It's supposed to stay the same, how accurate that is I don't know, not tried PTR.

#5 foxfighter

foxfighter

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

well why buff pvp power to healers then nerf overall healing? Is this so hybrids heal better?
http://www.twitch.tv/fawxfighter - punch monk/warrior stream

#6 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1243
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

View Postfoxfighter, on 05 April 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

well why buff pvp power to healers then nerf overall healing? Is this so hybrids heal better?

Hybrids are getting buffs to PvP power too, 70%(I think) instead of 50%.

They're changing this so PvP power will be a valuable stat for healers, right now intellect is better then PVP power. With the downscaling of gear, PvE gear would become better then PvP gear in 5.3 so they had to do something to stop healers from running around in full PvE gear with massive regen & more output then other PvP geared players. This is their solution.

Edited by Mirionx, 05 April 2013 - 11:17 AM.


#7 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1020
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Quote

PvP Power bonus to healing for damage specializations has been increased to 75%, up from 25% for Druids, Monks, Paladins, Priests, and Shamans.

Is this just an update on the last buff for hybrid healing....or are they buffing again? Why is the buff so much more than the Battle Fatigue buff? hybrid heals don't need buff imo
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 1751
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostZong, on 05 April 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:



Is this just an update on the last buff for hybrid healing....or are they buffing again? Why is the buff so much more than the Battle Fatigue buff? hybrid heals don't need buff imo
If you bothered to do some tiny mental calculations before posting rubbish, hybrid dps will see no net change to their healing with this most recent change, while all pure healers will see a 5% healing nerf. Whether this is enough to make wizard mirrors not automatically be 25 min draws unless one player dcs remains to be seen

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#9 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1020
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 05 April 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

If you bothered to do some tiny mental calculations before posting rubbish, hybrid dps will see no net change to their healing with this most recent change, while all pure healers will see a 5% healing nerf. Whether this is enough to make wizard mirrors not automatically be 25 min draws unless one player dcs remains to be seen

Seriously? It's not that simple at all. Posting rubbish? I asked a simple question so fuck up nerd.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 1751
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostZong, on 05 April 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:



Seriously? It's not that simple at all. Posting rubbish? I asked a simple question so fuck up nerd.
100 * 1.25 * 0.7 = 87.5

100 * 1.75 * 0.5 = 87.5

Yep, not that simple at at

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#11 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1020
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 05 April 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

100 * 1.25 * 0.7 = 87.5

100 * 1.75 * 0.5 = 87.5

Yep, not that simple at at

Why do you think posting the equation changes anything? Some people don't "get" Math like you may, I asked a simple question, if you had posted this equation and explained it then you wouldn't come off like a massive pretentious dick cheese like you do now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 1751
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostZong, on 05 April 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:



Why do you think posting the equation changes anything? Some people don't "get" Math like you may, I asked a simple question, if you had posted this equation and explained it then you wouldn't come off like a massive pretentious dick cheese like you do now.
Resist the urge to whine about something before you understand it then please

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 05 April 2013 - 11:47 AM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#13 originn

originn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 186
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Math hurts my brain.......

#14 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2035
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Ring of Peace now has DR for silence. Also Nimble Brew buff and added for Mistweavers:

Clears you of all root, stun, fear and horror effects and reduces the duration of future such effects by 60% for 6 sec.

#15 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 1751
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 05 April 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Ring of Peace now has DR for silence. Also Nimble Brew buff and added for Mistweavers:

Clears you of all root, stun, fear and horror effects and reduces the duration of future such effects by 60% for 6 sec.
"Instantly silences/disarms on application for 3 seconds, and then silences/disarms again when a hostile ability is used, affected by dr"
So looks like it no longer blanket disarms for 8 seconds either

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 05 April 2013 - 12:11 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#16 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 05 April 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

"Instantly silences/disarms on application for 3 seconds, and then silences/disarms again when a hostile ability is used, affected by dr"
So looks like it no longer blanket disarms for 8 seconds either

Are warriors able to leap out of it yet?  So annoying to get stuck inside the bubble.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#17 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1020
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

View Postardnut, on 05 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Are warriors able to leap out of it yet?  So annoying to get stuck inside the bubble.

Haven't tested it but i think it's safe to say that it's no longer a pacify so all that stuff will work now, it just disarms you and if you attack during the ring you get disarmed/silenced again, but the silence and disarm are subject to DR.

Edited by Zong, 05 April 2013 - 12:39 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2035
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Which will make it a defensive ability vs. melees. Not bad but far less potent than before. Still good to hard counter rogues on every dance.

#19 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Try to make them use RoP b4 u dance.

Edit or cc them when u dance

Edited by ardnut, 05 April 2013 - 01:38 PM.

* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#20

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Based holinka continues to improve pvp

Edited by Radejjj, 05 April 2013 - 02:04 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<