• Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

In the spirit of cleaning up the forums and organizing some of this content, I decided not to post this topic in general and "off topic" didn't seem appropriate since no one is talking about wow in that forum.

Question:  What resources do you guys use to evaluate current dps ranges for classes/specs?

I mainly look at:

http://raidbots.com/.../14/30/default/

http://www.noxxic.co...s/realistic#522

but they seem wildly inconsistent.  One has spriests as the worst dps spec and the other has them top 3.

#2 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Those parses are so wrong. Simcraft is also wrong and only shows accurate results for warlocks. The only way to get accurate information is to talk to top pve players, or get a World of Logs premium and analyze data.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#3 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Uh, raidbots literally parses data from World of Logs - either top 100 or all available parses, you can set it yourself. All it does is build time graphs, and it's a wonderful tool to gauge potential DPS on fights which have enough logs uploaded for them. Just keep in mind that classes can perform very differently from fight to fight, so that overall/summary page isn't something you should really look at. Also, when looking at normal modes in particular, keep in mind that most progress oriented guilds already killed several heroic bosses, so they simply don't upload any normal logs anymore; normal data tends to get really fucked up by the end of tiers/patches.

The noxxic page you linked is based on simulationcraft. Their "realistic DPS" is just some weirdly configured simulation with movement and breaks - it doesn't really serve any purpose whatsoever. However, knowing "patchwerk" DPS (i.e. no interruptions, just perfect DPS for 3 minutes) with full bis gear can be quite useful, but as Braindance said, it's not always accurate due to programming or logic errors in the simulation code itself; it's still an actively updated project, and they do fix errors over time. It's useful when there's no "real" data yet, you're experimenting with something different, or you're theorycrafting.

Basically, "real world" data: raidbots.com. Simulated data: simulationcraft.org.

You can't get better than that.

Edited by Thaya, 08 April 2013 - 10:00 PM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#4 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Great thanks for the feedback.  I don't really have time to raid anymore due to RL commitments but I miss it and wish I could.  I still enjoy theorycrafting on the side :D

After running through LFR a few times on my hunter and druid I feel I have a basic understanding of the fight mechanics for the first few bosses (i.e Horridon has adds and favors spread damage dot classes and Jin'rokh is a traditional tank & spank favoring ranged b/c pools).  My expectations over which classes should lead dps wise matches what I'm seeing from raidbots if you sort for heroic + last month of data.

I feel like pve dps is in a great place right now.  The balance looks spread across the board with certain mechanics favoring from encounter to encounter.

Great point about ignoring normal data as content matures.

#5 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostThaya, on 08 April 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Basically, "real world" data: raidbots.com. Simulated data: simulationcraft.org.

Wow Marks fucking blows on both sites. Guess I've got more damage buffs to look forward to.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<