• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Posted Image

Jay Wilson took one of the best and addicting game Blizzard ever released, twisted it into one giant piece of shit, let all the fans down that have been waiting for this BETA GAME for OVER 10 YEARS and claims that it is HIS work that he sold 10 million copies. And on top of that, he bashes the original creator of Diablo, instead of going on to his knees and sucking his balls. There is a special place in hell for Jay.

Edited by amirdaheat, 04 April 2013 - 01:15 AM.

Posted Image

#42 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

View Postamirdaheat, on 03 April 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

Posted Image

Jay Wilson took one of the best and addicting game Blizzard ever released, twisted it into one giant piece of shit, let all the fans that have been waiting for this BETA GAME for OVER 10 YEARS and claims that it is HIS work that he sold 10 million copies. And on top of that, he bashes the original creator of Diablo, instead of going on to his knees and sucking his balls. There is a special place in hell for Jay.

Atleast include the full story. He was sorry for his fast remarks, and ended up apologizing publicly to David Brevik.

#43 Regent

Regent

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 03 April 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Atleast include the full story. He was sorry for his fast remarks, and ended up apologizing publicly to David Brevik.

He wasn't sorry for saying it, he was sorry people didn't think it was okay.

#44 Regent

Regent

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

View Postmukuld50, on 03 April 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

ads are just marketing man lol, this statement is really silly.  I agree with the first part about retention, but yeah tv ads have nothing to do with the retention rate or anything

Edit: I mean TV ads to help in retention rates, but the reason why advertisement exists is not because of what you said solely

I worded that wrong. I meant that because WoW had at one point already attracted all the "gamers", they really tried to reach out to people they never intended to go after. No gamer, at this point, is like; "I really have wanted to play WoW for the last 8 years, but haven't gotten around to it." Thats why they shifted the focus of the game so much, they already had the gamers playing WoW, so the only people left are the casuals.

#45 Deliriumz

Deliriumz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostRegent, on 03 April 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

Yeah, the best. Wow and D3 are doing sooo well.

LOL. They're only two of the most successful PC games of all time. That's all.

As far as the feeling that they're 'letting them die'. They are to some extent. They have shifted 150+ developers to Titan, it's where the money will be for them in the future. No matter how much you do to WoW, its an 8 year old concept now. It's still more fun to me than anything else out there though.

Edited by Deliriumz, 03 April 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#46 Regent

Regent

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostDeliriumz, on 03 April 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

LOL. They're only two of the most successful PC games of all time. That's all.

As far as the feeling that they're 'letting them die'. They are to some extent. They have shifted 150+ developers to Titan, it's where the money will be for them in the future. No matter how much you do to WoW, its an 8 year old concept now. It's still more fun to me than anything else out there though.

By that logic, Justin Bieber is the greatest musician of all time since he has the most youtube views.

#47 Xsv

Xsv
  • Junkies

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

we need asherons call 3.

#48 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostRegent, on 03 April 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

By that logic, Justin Bieber is the greatest musician of all time since he has the most youtube views.

In the end, it ALL comes down to personal reference, what YOU think is worth playing, what YOU think is worth your money, what YOU find fun and so on. Same thing with everything else in life, is Rock music better than rap? Is football better than baseball? Those questions cannot be answered since we are not robots from the Matrix whereas we all share one vision and one taste, everyone is different.
Posted Image

#49 Ayume

Ayume
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2316

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostNadagast, on 03 April 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

As long as we're talking about MMOs: http://www.kickstart...melot-unchained

Spiritual successor to DAoC, one of the best MMOs (maybe the best?) ever made for PvP.  I quit vanilla WoW to go back to DAoC.

You and me both, for me it was during the AQ40 progression. Just got up and went back to DAoC, Merlin Alb.

Also +1 for camelot unchained, pledged for young hero yesterday morning.
www.twitch.tv/ayumus

#50 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

would be nice if they stuck to wow's basic mechanics and movement so it's not a huge change... even though I still enjoy wow trying something new will be refreshing.. I have high hopes for this game because I doubt blizz would even consider making a new mmo with how successful w0w is... they're not going to compete with themselves.. so this should be better.

#51 Regent

Regent

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostAyume, on 03 April 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

You and me both, for me it was during the AQ40 progression. Just got up and went back to DAoC, Merlin Alb.

Also +1 for camelot unchained, pledged for young hero yesterday morning.

DAoC 2 already came out. It was called Warhammer Online, and we all see how that game is doing now.

Edit: To clarify, I loved Warhammer online, and will definitely backing Camelot Unchained. This type of game just hasn't done well recently (even on 25x as much budget.)

Edited by Regent, 03 April 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#52 Ayume

Ayume
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2316

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostRegent, on 03 April 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

DAoC 2 already came out. It was called Warhammer Online, and we all see how that game is doing now.

Edit: To clarify, I loved Warhammer online, and will definitely backing Camelot Unchained. This type of game just hasn't done well recently (even on 25x as much budget.)

That's exactly what the problem is, having publishing companies dictate how the game mechanics should work due to what the rest of the market is doing. Every publisher just wants to copy what works(which is wow) so every mmo ends up being a gross version of it.

The important part of camelot unchained is that it's being kickstarted, which means there isn't a publishing company dictating design decisions.
www.twitch.tv/ayumus

#53 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

I find it funny, how 70% of the comments are either bashing D3 or protecting it, 20% is how WoW is fun or dead and the last 10 talks about Titan.
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#54 Regent

Regent

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostAyume, on 03 April 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

That's exactly what the problem is, having publishing companies dictate how the game mechanics should work due to what the rest of the market is doing. Every publisher just wants to copy what works(which is wow) so every mmo ends up being a gross version of it.

The important part of camelot unchained is that it's being kickstarted, which means there isn't a publishing company dictating design decisions.

Thats true, but there are also negatives to not having unlimited money.

I also think it is hard to get people to fund the project since it is just starting, the alpha isn't scheduled for a year. I would probably forget I pledged a game that comes out 2 years later. I still am going to pledge though, and the tech demo thing got me excited.

#55 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

Drop the rose colored glasses folks. All of these old games had massive issues that made people hate them for their own reasons.They had vicious rant blogs dedicated to trashing developers for every issue, change or design decision that whatever loud mouthed blogger thought was a big deal at the time (people just like you guys).

D3 will have hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people who will continue to play it for years. Just because it isn't necessarily the same people that played D2 doesn't mean it somehow failed. The D3 players will hate on D4 for ruining everything.

Also I actually played all of the games discussed in this thread on release and many for a year or more. 6 or 7 years in the case of UO.

Also I enjoyed and hated certain aspects of all of them.

Also I loved D3, but I had no intention of playing it past beating normal, so the fact that I went and beat Inferno means the game had more longevity than I expected.

Also saying "Fuck that loser" on Facebook isn't a big deal and the media needs to chill out.

Also Titan info too sparse to actually come to an opinion on it so thread derailment not surprising.

Grow up, gain some perspective and enjoy new games on their own merits instead of trying to relive past experiences. Pfft kids.
Vadren#1175

#56 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/2/2/2/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 2336
  • 3v3: 2754
  • 5v5: 1913
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

I Found another leek about TitanPosted Image

Edited by Mattadoro, 03 April 2013 - 08:44 PM.

Posted Image

#57 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Since we are talking about everything but Titan now, anyone see the new FPSMMO Defiance or whatever that just came out? The events in-game and way players progress will "apparently" affect the TV shows outcomes, and the TV show will affect stuff in-game.  Sounds like a neat concept on paper

#58 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1753

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

I really enjoy the logical fallacy embraced by the community on all sides of this issue. First off, the elitist 1% of World of Warcraft players claiming to lust for the balanced, "eSports" potential without giving up any of their so-called prowess, as if there weren't tons of video games out there for people who want to compete in actions per minute, reaction speed, mechanical skill and overall game knowledge. Claiming that any game will, "kill WoW" from that perspective is so obviously fallacious that it doesn't warrant more than a paragraph to explain the disparity.

Second, just to clarify, you're all nerds. Seriously. Just admit that you like that your character has achievements and mounts you enjoy riding and you've been playing a game for 10 years and now you are afraid to leave it. That's all that is going on here. Most of anyone who plays this game nowaday's time is spent riding around on a mount talking to people and looking at cosmetics, compared to the average Starcraft II or League of Legends player's experience wherein what is it, like 93% of your time playing the game is spent directly competing with other players, or in the process of getting into a match to do the same.

If you wanted to PvP and were good at it, you'd be playing something else. This game was never balanced, anyone who says otherwise either blows or has some rose-colored glasses on that they can't take off. Expecting anything more from Blizzard in the MMO arena is stupid - Diablo III was a flop, SC2 panders to Asians who want to play against themselves in some sort of futuristic, inter-galactic version of DDR where micro is less than 20% of the total gameplay, and oh let's not forget: a company as huge and as wealthy and as financially prudent as Blizzard totally missed the boat on the entirety of the DotA/MOBA franchise opportunities that they must have been the first to know about in what, 2002?

Blizzard isn't ever going to make a PvP game that the majority of this community would like. Not only that, but most players in this game - even the ones with multiple R1 titles and tournament wins - have never produced success in another game ever. That proves that the bar in this game is set extremely low with the rare caveat of excessive keybinds and intrinsic, ever-changing game knowledge. Loads of SC2 and League players have swapped from being professional at one of those games to being professional in another with 2-3 months of transition time.

There are no tournament winnings to speak of for this game. Spectating it is problematic and it's hard to tell what is going on, no matter how veteran of a player you are and most importantly: if you were really a pro gamer with your entire life to devote to a game in the interest of being the best or earning money, why the hell would you play WoW?

Just look at the tops of the ladders now - there's literally a dude pretending to be me with multiple R1s on multiple battlegroups. That would be like if lions quit Africa and gazelles became king of the jungle and went around saying, "I can't wait for the next ice age, it's going to be the Africa killer - I hope there's a lot of lore for us to explore! Oh, and mounts and achievements."

The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one. You're roleplayers. Admit it.

Edited by andysc, 03 April 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#59 Kramp35k

Kramp35k
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 959
  • LocationPalmdale

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

Warcraft 4 please
Kramp

#60 Regent

Regent

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

View Postandysc, on 03 April 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Blizzard isn't ever going to make a PvP game that the majority of this community would like. Not only that, but most players in this game - even the ones with multiple R1 titles and tournament wins - have never produced success in another game ever. That proves that the bar in this game is set extremely low with the rare caveat of excessive keybinds and intrinsic, ever-changing game knowledge. Loads of SC2 and League players have swapped from being professional at one of those games to being professional in another with 2-3 months of transition time.

This is where I knew you were trolling. Of course a ton of WoW players have done well in other games. There is ex-WoW players at the top of the SC2 bracket, top of the LoL bracket, very high rated in dota 2, BLC, every game. Being good at WoW doesn't automatically make you good at other games, but it sure helps a lot.

What is being good at gaming, anyways? Being able to press a bunch of keybinds really fast? No. Its about learning from your mistakes, and talking them through and constantly working to fix them. You become good at other games the same way you became good at WoW, practice and humility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<