• Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1808
  • 3v3: 2930
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 2088

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

Intredasting.

It sounds incredible if it's true, I fucking love history, and them building it off of real history would be sweet. Let's hope we see a reveal @ BlizzCon 2013.
[13:28:58] [W From] [85:Cowmôôflage]: i will always be knows as best feral on this realm
[13:28:58] [W From] [85:Cowmôôflage]: byz

#3 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

Game being developped with e-sport in mind from the start def looks good. Pretty happy its not an FPS either like a lot of people suggested.

#4 Lobstermania

Lobstermania
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2329

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

It's designed with eSports in mind. They will try to grow it into a successful eSport.

Posted Image

Edited by Lobstermania, 03 April 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#5 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1707
  • 3v3: 2354
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

"Speaking of inside transfers, Jay Wilson is on the Titan team. Please don't go overboard with this. ^^"

Oh god why him, apparently messing up one game wasn't enough...

#6 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

For people who don't know who Jay Wilson is:
He took an amazing franchise, Diablo and made %90 of the player base quit within the first two months of the release. The game was so buggy and badly designed, people uninstalled the game. Meanwhile, a gaming site interviewed the creator of D2, and one of the questions was , how would he fix d3, what would he have done differently(he didn't bring up the topic, he just answered the question). Next day, Jay Wilson and his crew posted on facebook/twitter:
-JW: Fuck that guy!
-D3 crew: Yes Jay, you made a game that sold millions, D3 is a huge success.

They were unable to process the fact that most people bought D3 because of D2 and/or the annual pass. If people knew how this game was going to be, no one would ever buy it. So he had to "step down" as lead designer. Now they are assigning it to Titan. So the likeliness that the new game turns out to be horrible is very high.

#7 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

As long as he's not in any leading positions i don't think he will ruin anything so i'm not too worried. I agree he's prolly the worse thing to ever happen to Blizzard tough (well tied with the loss of the Blizz North team).

#8 Farkette

Farkette
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1601
  • 3v3: 1990
  • RBG: 576

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

"Esports in mind" are the Best 3 words ascribed to a future Blizz design in... well... Forever!
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

I really do doubt blizzard has had a leak about titan, you guys seen their agreements? like 1m or more penelty that you have to pay if your found to be the source of the leak and such, not to talk about your reputation as a game designer...

thats why blizz had has such sucess, they pick the best, and they are really picky, cause they can.

#10 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

View PostZerlog, on 03 April 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

I really do doubt blizzard has had a leak about titan, you guys seen their agreements? like 1m or more penelty that you have to pay if your found to be the source of the leak and such, not to talk about your reputation as a game designer...

thats why blizz had has such sucess, they pick the best, and they are really picky, cause they can.

Yeah, the best. Wow and D3 are doing sooo well.

#11 dreschnuu99

dreschnuu99
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2346

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

View PostRegent, on 03 April 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

people always say this shit, but really what game in the same genre is actually doing better then WoW at this point?  It is definitely still setting benchmarks for community driven games, despite (IMO at least) being past its peak

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostRegent, on 03 April 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

i meant in Coding/designing, that does not mean they know wtf sense and logic and gameplay is ;(

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

View Postmukuld50, on 03 April 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

people always say this shit, but really what game in the same genre is actually doing better then WoW at this point?  It is definitely still setting benchmarks for community driven games, despite (IMO at least) being past its peak

Shoutout to Mugemsz

#15 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

View Postmukuld50, on 03 April 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

People play WoW not because its good, but because it was good at one point and it is habit. All the other MMOs that try to overtake it are rushed and can never give enough content.

From a technical standpoint, Blizzard makes the best games in the industry hands down. From a story/gameplay perspective, they are extremely lacking.

#16 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

View PostRegent, on 03 April 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

People play WoW not because its good, but because it was good at one point and it is habit.

"good" is such a subjective term though... sure PvP may be lacking/stale/not good whatever you call it, but talking to all my dragonslaying PVE nerd friends, each and everyone one of them is always talking about how the raiding content keeps getting better and better in terms of creativity, balancing, and what not.  Just because you dont play that aspect of the game, which mind you, is THE MAIN POINT of this game, does not make the game awful you know.

#17 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

And for the record - I never played Diablo 2; bought Diablo 3, and extremely enjoyed it till I beat Diablo on Inferno difficulty.  After which it was boring/repetitive to me.

Am I like the only person who liked Diablo 3?  I am sure that it was a huge disappointment compared to what Diablo 2 set for standards and expectations, but I dont know, I still enjoyed the story line/hack and slash gamestyle/playing a barbarian and trying to figure out optimal gear so i could do inferno (though yeah buying gold from friends just so i could AH the shit out of everything was not enjoyable)

#18 Jeffisnumberone

Jeffisnumberone
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationRwanda

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

View Postmukuld50, on 03 April 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

And for the record - I never played Diablo 2; bought Diablo 3, and extremely enjoyed it till I beat Diablo on Inferno difficulty.  After which it was boring/repetitive to me.

Am I like the only person who liked Diablo 3?  I am sure that it was a huge disappointment compared to what Diablo 2 set for standards and expectations, but I dont know, I still enjoyed the story line/hack and slash gamestyle/playing a barbarian and trying to figure out optimal gear so i could do inferno (though yeah buying gold from friends just so i could AH the shit out of everything was not enjoyable)
Was underwhelming TBH, beating every boss on inferno within a week or so was pretty lame. Anyhow I'm excited for Titan. Stay away Jay T.T
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

From multiple point of view D3 was amazing, gameplay was fluid, graphics were very good without being very demanding hardware wise and was running very smoothly. Problem is that it didn't have the "soul" of what makes a great game.

Like many other i actually played it quite a bit until i beat Inferno within a couple weeks from release. After that the game felt it had no point, what gave Diablo 2 its longevity and purpose outside some very engaging gameplay (for its time), was the ladder system. Without it, a game like D3 is bound to become very boring since ladder resets not only keep the economy under control (and everyone knows what trainwreck D3 is from that PoV), it gives replayability, it gives you a reason to go trough it again and compete for something, it allows items to stay valuable and gives a chance for newcomers and people coming back to start at the same point as others.

Another problem was the lack of  character identity, even if the game was advertised as having a near infinite amount of builds, in the end only a handful were actually playable, and they ALL played the same within a specific class.

And finally the story was, and i actually weight my words, absolute garbage, it had so many cliché, it was so predictable, at points made little sense making leaps in logic, from a pure literature point of view, it was aweful, only way it could had redeemed itself is that if it was in a game with a target audience under 10 years old, but sadly Diablo was always meant to be a mature game. The only remotely memorable moment it had was Cain's funerals, if only his killer wasn't an evil bug-fairy thing that would had belonged in a second rate saturday morning cartoon. The Disney-like ending was only the cherry on the sundaeé

TL:DR D3 had the frame of a great game (technically it was amazing) but lacked everything else.

As for WoW, its very subjective, its still to this day the most played and profitable MMO ever without any close competition, it has its ups and its downs and is most likely past its prime (wich is to be expected for a game going for nearly a decade now).

Edited by GrieverZ, 03 April 2013 - 04:25 AM.

#20 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

View Postmukuld50, on 03 April 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

Every single raider I know comes back and clears the content then quits. Everyone else I knew that did other stuff (PVP, collect mounts, casual) has quit. I probably know about 20 people irl who play WoW and only 3 of them casually play anymore. I know that it is only a small amount to pull from, but still.

I knew probably 12 people who started playing d3 on release. No one plays anymore at all, heck most people including myself quit the first month and then occasionally see if it has gotten better. No one stays playing it though, and I am by the far the most geared/progressed of anyone I know and I don't play much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<