• Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

good, nearly one year of SP aids

Exactly the type of stupid post this site doesn't need, i'd rather have as many specs be good and viable than crushing specs because people are bitter at facing them. Also hunters with kfc/stampede/trip deeps and now thug cleave..... they hardly had it bad over the last year.

#262 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

View PostTheed, on 01 April 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Overkill. :(
Hunter CC, Tremor and DK damage next pls and this will be the best patch ever.

hunter cc is avoidable, not many hunters in the world can even aim traps properly in stuns (centered) - mage/warlock cc is much more out of control (wouldn't be if dispel didn't have 8 sec cd). Think the biggest problems with hunters is that ppl don't have very good knowledge of what they are capable of.. how many people know hunter pets have bullheaded (pet trinket) when specced into cunning? not many at all if you don't count tournament level players

#263 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

View PostJeffisnumberone, on 02 April 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Can we buff aff lock damage as well, kind of sad when mages do more overall damage as frost than a class and spec designed around dots
I miss playing MLD buff afflic locks please!

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#264 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

View PostBraindeadly, on 03 April 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

good, nearly one year of SP aids

as for thug cleave.. nerf that pve trinket. nerf rogue burst but buff sustained

theres something you forgot that need a nerf on thug cleave

Edited by dionim, 03 April 2013 - 01:28 AM.

#265 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostKorzul, on 03 April 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

Exactly the type of stupid post this site doesn't need, i'd rather have as many specs be good and viable than crushing specs because people are bitter at facing them. Also hunters with kfc/stampede/trip deeps and now thug cleave..... they hardly had it bad over the last year.

I think the nerfs might be overkill, all I know is MD had to go, it had no place when healers had 8 sec CD dispe l- you could have the most inexperienced player playing shadow and he could win by MDing random CC because breaking a chain of CC = gg for most healers and most comps rely around CC chains. There's a reason why god comp was called god comp. Not sure how many people quit the game due to SPs *and* KFC; yes i said kfc. SP comps were dumb, so was KFC.

Trip deeps wasn't allowed in online tournaments. Also wasn't viable in S11 arena pass as gear was S9 quality. Stampede got nerfed to how it should be.

Wouldn't be surprised if they revert something but you never know, maybe they'll tweak other classes so that they don't need to revert SP changes. Personally I think life-swap is unskilled, Devs stated that they don't like stuff that is unavoidable to stop (life swap) especially for a DPS (hybrid) spec. Unavoidability vs the strength of the ability.

#266 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

View PostBraindeadly, on 03 April 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

hunter cc is avoidable, not many hunters in the world can even aim traps properly in stuns (centered) - mage/warlock cc is much more out of control (wouldn't be if dispel didn't have 8 sec cd). Think the biggest problems with hunters is that ppl don't have very good knowledge of what they are capable of.. how many people know hunter pets have bullheaded (pet trinket) when specced into cunning? not many at all if you don't count tournament level players
it's the other way around, unless you play against complete retards, they cross cc the guy who is likely to disrupt trapping and all of a sudden hunter cc becomes unavoidable.Also there is no avoidance to scatter, pet cc, silence, which are all instant  and resettable, almost always solving the hunter team trap fail problem.
Now that the md is gone, people will spend %60 of their arena time in hunter cc, which is instant.

But you already knew all this, didn't you.

#267 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 03 April 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

it's the other way around, unless you play against complete retards, they cross cc the guy who is likely to disrupt trapping and all of a sudden hunter cc becomes unavoidable.Also there is no avoidance to scatter, pet cc, silence, which are all instant  and resettable, almost always solving the hunter team trap fail problem.
Now that the md is gone, people will spend %60 of their arena time in hunter cc, which is instant.

But you already knew all this, didn't you.

those CCs are 4 sec long and have a 30 sec CD (24 for silence) for that exact reason

#268 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostBraindeadly, on 03 April 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

those CCs are 4 sec long and have a 30 sec CD (24 for silence) for that exact reason

are you serious trying to defend this shit?

3s scatter
7s trap
3s silence
2s intimidation stun
dr'd web wrap to interrupt a heal
explosive trap knock somewhere in the middle of this process

sp's needed nerfed but hunters should be the #1 class on the chopping block.  in before "eat the trap scrub".

#269 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

Hunter problem isnt cc, is BM getting you out of everything and the retard damage

#270 Falla

Falla
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostFearful, on 02 April 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

Boomkins and Elemental shamans are hybrids too. They're no where near as dominant as shadow priests. The main complaint I see from shadow priests about this is that they're going to be too weak against melee. I don't know if thats true or not, but if it is then it just means melee needs to get nerfed. It doesn't mean that shadow priests get to stay at the god status they're at now.

Funny enough though, all the abilities you listed as "abilities that have to be stopped" all have pretty long cast times. MD has almost no cast time whatsoever, which is what blizzard just did to nerf MD, and is also what you're complaining about.... So this whole thing is pretty hilarious haha.

Furthermore, your post had no value to anyone whatsoever. You made a non-argument argument and tried to pass off like you knew what you're talking about. Even Talbadar, lord of the shadow priests himself, says they're way too good defensively.

I'm guessing you don't have a priest, you don't actually understand that any melee actually hitting you, gives your MD massive push back, all pets (especially stampede) add to this as well. I never said Shadowpriests didn't have a lot of control and defensive's.

My post adds no value? Dude who are you fucking kidding? Your post was made to over exaggerate priest control, which in parts I do agree with. Just because Talbadar says something you would just agree with it? Alright, Talbadar says go jump infront of a bus would you?

#271 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

I like how noone really has mentioned mageswith all these "buffs" and "Nerfs" that need to happen. As far as bm getting you out of shit. The pet is easily killable and Most hunters don't even spec it for bullheaded which gives it an extra trinket and roar of sacrifice. Most are speccing for hert of the pheonix because of this not to mention the pet is slowable and ccable when bm is up. You're not reading the pacth notes or just not informed about hunters fully.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#272 ohnoes

ohnoes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2113

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

good changes

can't wait to see the hunter nerfs next

#273 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

View Postohnoes, on 03 April 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

good changes

Are you implying blizzard doesn't intend for every team to have either a SP or hunter?

#274 ohnoes

ohnoes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2113

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostAlemecia, on 03 April 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Are you implying blizzard doesn't intend for every team to have either a SP or hunter?

Yes, but then again we are talking Blizzard here, so far this new PvP guy seems to actually have a brain

#275 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postohnoes, on 03 April 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Yes, but then again we are talking Blizzard here, so far this new PvP guy seems to actually have a brain

100% agree, Holinka has come in guns blazing with some bold changes that finally seem to be taking the game in the right direction.

#276 samppax

samppax
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • 2v2: 2083
  • 3v3: 2375
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

loving how nerf spriest thread changes nerf hunter. did ppl noticed how op balance is?

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

In cataclysm mages had to deep->blanket to kill me, right now with an orb out I dont make it to the counterspell. its cool :(

The biggest problem with mage burst is you have three different abilities, frostbomb/Frostbolt/random instant, all landing at the same time, on top of an orb spamming 35k crits every second. When theyre all hitting at the same time its a literal global, anyone else doing that kind of damage spends consecutive gcds that all hit a gcd apart from one another, outside of elemental shaman chaining mastery procs, and BM hunters who powershot->whatever while their pet rapes you, no one can do that, but mages can do it with very little setup and no rng thanks to their 100% crit chance shatter which is a retardedly outdated mechanic.

Edited by Radejjj, 03 April 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#278 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

View Postohnoes, on 03 April 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

good changes

cant wait to see mind numbing and shuriken toss nerfs.

#279 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostBraindeadly, on 03 April 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

I think the nerfs might be overkill, all I know is MD had to go, it had no place when healers had 8 sec CD dispe l- you could have the most inexperienced player playing shadow and he could win by MDing random CC because breaking a chain of CC = gg for most healers and most comps rely around CC chains. There's a reason why god comp was called god comp. Not sure how many people quit the game due to SPs *and* KFC; yes i said kfc. SP comps were dumb, so was KFC.

Trip deeps wasn't allowed in online tournaments. Also wasn't viable in S11 arena pass as gear was S9 quality. Stampede got nerfed to how it should be.

Wouldn't be surprised if they revert something but you never know, maybe they'll tweak other classes so that they don't need to revert SP changes. Personally I think life-swap is unskilled, Devs stated that they don't like stuff that is unavoidable to stop (life swap) especially for a DPS (hybrid) spec. Unavoidability vs the strength of the ability.
i don't remember you having any problems interrupting EVERY SINGLE MD(maybe you missed 1 in like 20 games) from the shadowpriests you met while streaming kfc with flubbah and kara last season againsts 2.5k mmr teams

#280 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

i keep seeing priests say its a big deal not to be able to use their 87 ability in arena.   Same thing for mages in cata with time warp.    It's not like you don't have new spells to use , and you lost one that was needed to balance.  I dont understand how people can be so upset about "being the only class who can't use their 87 ability" (even though its really only spec, not class, and it was op as fuck)

Hopefully this nerf will make them see how silly some damage is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<